Disneyland Packages Bkk To Hong Kong?

shawndoc

Can anyone help point me in the right direction for booking a travel package to Disneyland Hong Kong from Bangkok?

In the past I used the travel.thaivisa.com booking agent, but it appears that no longer exists.

Looking for airfare for 4 plus 2 hotel rooms. My guess is we're looking at 2 nights hotel stay. Does not have to be a Disney hotel, but should include transport to/from airport and to/from Disneyland.

You can book and pay for disneyland tickets in most hotels in Hong kong they will also arrange transport for you, i suggest you use the underground train the signs are in English with route maps and very easy to follow if you remember the names of the station you want to go to and the station you leave from, you do have to change trains once each way, you only have to walk across the platform to the other side.

Cathay Pacific have packages inclusive of flights, hotel and Disney tickets but it's easy to do yourself.

Book an Air Asia flight on the Internet, book the hotel on the Internet and you can hop on the local train service from virtually anywhere in Hong Kong to get to Disneyland.

Edited by PattayaParent

Thanks. I'd see the Cathay Pacific packages, and they seemed a bit high. I've never been to Hong Kong before and don't speak any Chinese (Cantonese or Mandarin) and wasn't sure how hard it would be to get around.

Because of the English history you shouldn't really have problems.

Get familiar with the subway map ahead of time and that'll get you to a lot of places. The station names are also helpful in booking hotels. From the airport, there's the Airport Express that will take you all the way to Hong Kong island. Odds are when booking you'll find a hotel there or on the Kowloon side. Likely along the blue or lower part of the red colored lines on the map. So you'd just connect to the line you need to or take a taxi. You could of course taxi all the way from the airport. With 4 people, not sure which is cheaper.

As you can see, Disneyland is in between the airport and Hong Kong island, off a different line that parallels the Airport Express. So you just head out on that line.

You could also stay near Disneyland on Lantau Island. It's probably less hectic than the main city, but then you may miss out on some of the aspects of the city.

http://www.johomaps.com/as/hongkong/hkmetro_ch.html

http://www.mtr.com.hk/eng/homepage/cust_index.html

Do they speak Chinese in Hong Kong? :)

I used to have a Cantonese roommate in college. I've met her parents, cousins and aunts, who came over from Hong Kong to visit. Almost none of them can speak English at a conversational level. Most were probably more fluent in Mandarin then they were in English. My roommate would get flustered because she grew up in the US and couldn't speak Cantonese that well.

So I just assumed English might not be as common as one would expect.

Do they speak Chinese in Hong Kong? :)

I used to have a Cantonese roommate in college. I've met her parents, cousins and aunts, who came over from Hong Kong to visit. Almost none of them can speak English at a conversational level. Most were probably more fluent in Mandarin then they were in English. My roommate would get flustered because she grew up in the US and couldn't speak Cantonese that well.

So I just assumed English might not be as common as one would expect.

Don't worry about English, that's the language there.

The packages differ by the the airline used. The cheapest one was with the Emirates. Transfers included, we stayed at the Disney hotel. Shuttle busses (free) and be aware that just before closing 8pm they have spectacular fireworks.

If someone tells you that HKG Disneyland is too small - I can tell you it is a good thing. Tokyo Disneyland is 10 times bigger but you hardly get a chance to see it all in 1 day (or even 2-3) and the kids to take pictures with the charactes.

Packages including flights with TG or CX were the most expensive or, if not, the departure times were 8am or something, from BKK, implying a wake up 4am to get to the airport with kids.

Return flight with Emirates arrives back 12:15 after midnight, that could be a drag.

Just go to any travel agency and they will tell you the options.

Edited by think_too_mut

Is the HK Disney land as good as the US one? The Paris one is a pale comparison.

It a Disneyland, the same company.

Search (if it functions) may show my posts from 2 years ago with some pictures.

Tokyo Disneyland is so big and so packed even on weekdays and -1C and strong chilly winds, HKG's is a better value.

My wife went to the Tokyo's one in December 2009. and said HKG was far more enjoyable, at the HKG's one pictures of our kid with all possible characters (role playing humans) while in Tokyo's she got one.

Let me mention, we went to HKG during Chinese "Golden Week" in May when the crowds were at their highest.

What did you end up paying per person for the package? (Just as a point of reference)

In this post there are some pictures and several posts of discussion afterwards.

From several other treads, not only this one, I posted the exact prices:

For 3 of us (2 adults + 3yr old baby), the package was 53,000B + 3% credit card payment surcharge, not online - we had to go to their office to pay.

That package included 1 night at Disneyland Hollywood hotel (we should have stayed there all 3 nights, now I know), Disneyland pass for 3, xfers, Thai departure tax (2100B for 3).

The flight was with Emirates. Identical package with Thai was 15K baht more. And Thai plane was leaving BKK 7:25am, which is inconvenient.

The only drawback about the Emirates is late return, just after midnight.

Disney hotels are better and roomier than most in HKG, stay there 2 days if you can. Free shuttle busses all the time to the action, 10 mins ride.

Food in the hotel restaurant (an innovative buffet) is fresh, delicious and inexpensive (for dinner). Breakfast is also great and included in the room price.

No smoking anywhere.

Bring swimming suites for the kids - there is a pool at Dusney hotel, very well designed and open until 9pm. For non-swimmers, nice float jackets are available, free.

We bought our package from this site (their web address is like their email address, easy to guess), if they still exist:

TOUR & HOTEL RSVN

Express International Travel / S.S. Travel Service

Tel: (+66) 02-2350557

Fax: (+66) 02-2367186

[email protected]

Package:

Rate : Adult @ 21,250 Baht / person

Child No Bed @ 11,200 Baht / person

Seaview Type at Disneyland Hollywood Hotel

Include:

3 nights accommodation

Round trip airport to Disney's Hollywood hotel > City Hotel > Airport transfer

Round trip ticket + Fuel surcharge and Thai Departure taxes by EK

Disneyland one day pass (No meals) (on 2nd day)

Half day HKG city tour: Repulse Bay, Aberdeen fishing village and Victoria Peak (on 3rd day)

Payment : by Visa card charge 3.1%

• 3 weeks later...
Is the HK Disney land as good as the US one? The Paris one is a pale comparison.

And the HK Disney is a pale comparison to the Paris one, but still worth a visit.

I use China Airways as they are fairly cheap and have good flight times, I then stay downtown fairly near a MTR station, or as madam says "we stay near BTS", the system is very good with easy access to Disney.