Petrol Sales And Deliveries In Bangkok Suspended

webfact

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi.

As of 6 AM in the morning, ALL petrol stations (including PTT!) along Sukhumvit and Ekkamai were open and doing business. Seems like artificial panic here, or they are still to close for later (no red shirt in sight as of yet, 9 AM, and i am living right at one of their supposed "meeting spots").

Best regards......

Thanh

This thread is about petrol sales and deliveries. Please refrain from posting off-topic comments.

It is my understanding that they are stopping deliveries to petrol stations, not at this point forcing petrol stations to close. If, however, stations run out of supplies, they might close.

This situation does affect a large number of people and off-topic responses are being deleted. Deliberate mis-information is going to result in posting suspensions.

I don't know about buses and taxis. Maybe someone knows if they have their own supplies (buses). Taxis use regular petrol stations.

I will now go through and deleted off-topic comments.

I don't know where this story about petrol came from, or went.

We came back from Chiang Rai yesterday - plenty of road blocks, but no problem with petrol.

There weren't even any of the lines you see when the price is about to go up.

And, now I've just come back from the 7-11 at the PTT Gas Station where live in Bangkok - business as usual.

With the amount of false rumors and mis-infomation being put out, you need to always "ask the next question".

Edited by RegularReader

I have cleaned this thread up and deleted 5 pages of posts. This is not a topic for posting political comments, this is not a topic for discussing the value of the British Pound, nor the ranking of Thailand's auto industry. Please check other threads in the forum that cover these topics.

If you have observations or information about supplies of petroleum products, closure of stations, interruption of deliveries, please feel free to post.

this thread is about petrol. And an update to that, however small - at 11 o clock when i went to work both the Caltex opposite Sukhumvit soi 70 and the Shell opposite Udomsuk were CLOSED, Shell's entry and exit barricaded with steel fence and a parked car.

Other stations along Udomsuk, Srinakarin and Pattanakan were OPEN.

Best regards....

Thanh

For what it's worth, my local PTT just refused to sell me a plastic-container-full of 91, for the lawnmower to cut the grass at home, but were still filling-up motorbikes at the pump. Oh well ... the grass can wait for a few days ! :):D

And now some more deletions and edits. Off-topic posts are nothing more than trolling, baiting and flaming. So now, action will follow; warnings and suspensions.

There are people who do have to get places and do have plans. More than one has requested that they be kept abreast of any interruption to fuel supplies.

Again, we have numerous threads about the political situation. Feel free to post your comments about this gov't and previous ones in those threads.

For what it's worth, my local PTT just refused to sell me a plastic-container-full of 91, for the lawnmower to cut the grass at home, but were still filling-up motorbikes at the pump. Oh well ... the grass can wait for a few days ! :):D

:D lent somewhere a sheep and get the milk. I think they bring gaslonie from far it they nee, here (P-Buri) at last PTT in direction BKK was a pick-up with BKK immatriculation and filled not safe prasitc containers maybe together 150 liter. I don't asked where he go but he don't look as a farmer have tractor at home!

Not sure about the state of the local petrol stations here in Bangplad, but just wanted to add that I regularly see buses filling up at my local NGV-equipped petrol station, so they do (at least about 10 different routes) use the public petrol stations.

I don't believe you are going to get the confirmation you are requesting, but the admin takes great care in posting information such as this.

Does anyone know approximately how long most petrol stations can run without additional supplies--considering normal customer levels?

Deliberate mis-information is going to result in posting suspensions.

Could this news BE in fact, mis-information? After all, knowledge that fuel supplies in Bangkok will be cut off could well serve to dissuade more than a few from bringing their vehicles (full of redshirts) to the capitol.

(For those wondering where this news came from- it came from the same agency that told us 6000 assault weapons were stolen from a military installation).

Edited by blaze

Could this news BE in fact, mis-information? After all, knowledge that fuel supplies in Bangkok will be cut off could well serve to dissuade more than a few from bringing their vehicles (full of redshirts) to the capitol.

I would guess thsat it is a contingency that could be oredered at any time. Considering last Songkhran and Arisaman's threats caught on video, it would be sensible to have a contingency plan

I dont doubt it may also have the effect you state too;)

The authorities also have to reassure the Bangkokians who munber in the millions and who ever since the announcement of the rally have been worried. Again considering last Songkran and the 5 years of protests they have lived through it isnt surprising. So it could be aimed at also that issue

I would guess that they don't want large tanker trucks loaded with fuel out plying the roads and possibly encountering a problem.

Has anyone seen any fuel delivery trucks on the road? That might answer the question.

I would guess that they don't want large tanker trucks loaded with fuel out plying the roads and possibly encountering a problem.

Has anyone seen any fuel delivery trucks on the road? That might answer the question.

Hopefully they'll get the LPG ones well out of the way too;)

(For those wondering where this news came from- it came from the same agency that told us 6000 assault weapons were stolen from a military installation).

The article says that the PTT (a public company) said on the Business News Channel that they were stopping deliveries to Bangkok and areas around 12 today.

Just one petrol company. Just deliveries. IMO, probably because of the traffic problems caused by road closures.

The other petrol companies may follow suit, but there hasn't been anything said about that yet. The PTT stations may run out of petrol, but given there's not many people driving around today, they might last the weekend.

But why has the story not been carried in any of the more mainstream media? Surely those people whose livlihood depend on bulk fuel sales and transport, deserve to know for a fact rather than to plan their business around rumor. Or has the news been published in other sources and some of us just missed it?

I just filed up my motosai at the Petronas on Ratchada and all the gas stations I saw today were open.

They had a sign on the pumps that said plastic bottles will not be filled.

A red-shirt organizer in Ayutthaya confirmed by telephone that they have been advised there will be no fuel available for purchase starting tomorrow and people planning to attend the rally in Bangkok were now stockpiling fuel.

I sincerely hope they are not stocking them in glass bootles with a piece of cloth hanging out of the top.

It is not a good idea to give details about weaponry that is easy to produce, to make this point just refer to Molotov cocktail's

Fascinating.

I had no idea they even made this announcement. I went and filled up both my cars and the NGV tank today simply to be prepared in case a civil war broke out. I also stocked up the fridge. Might have some problems there if someone takes over an electric generating station and kills the power to Bangkok. I know that has been threatened in the past.

I am making some extra ice just for that contigency. Should get me through several days anyway even if the worst happens. After that I'm reduced to canned food.

In any case, I urge everyone to take some very basic precautions like filling your tank and your kitchen. While nobody seriously believes this thing is going to get violent and out of control, on the off chance that it does not only will fuel be suspended but food deliveries will follow as well.

You shouldn't have to wait for an announcement from PTT that they were suspending deliveries. It should have been obvious to you that it was a possibility over a week ago as soon as the red shirts announced their plans. I applaud PTT for doing it voluntarily in the issue of safety, but it could have happened involuntarily just as well.

There did not appear to be any queues or shortages anywhere today, and no mention of rationing was made when I filled up my cars. And I did that at PTT. That could all change if this protest is getting nasty by middle of next week. I would take advantage of this opportunity just in case. The 5 minutes it takes will probably turn out to be a waste of your time, but it's cheap insurance.