The Drought

Spee

Just got off the phone with my honey. She tells me that at the house there is no running water and they have had to start paying to get water trucked in for bathing and washing clothes.

How much is everyone paying. She tells me that they are paying about 300 baht for every load (probably about 50-75 gallons, enough to fill up our block tile pool in the first floor bathroom). I think they have to do this 2 or 3 times a week, to have enough for hygiene, clothes and toilets.

Our place is in the middle of the area surrounded by Phetchabun, Phichit and Taphan Hin.

Is everyone having the same kind of issues? How much longer is it expected to last?

For those who have water farms set up, are your reserves in your jars holding up okay? (We're still working on getting these put in.)

Hey RC, how are your animals holding up through all of this? Do you have nearby river water to pump up for them? Hope everything is going okay for you.

Spee we live about 50 km south west of Khamphaeng Phet and we have only had water from the government for a couple of months this year and my wife was buying it in back in February. However since the rains started in the last few days the water is available again.

I have been trying to get my wife to dig a borehole for ages but no luck so far. Something about a government ban in case of subsidence. When I come home next month I will try again.

We pay about 300 baht for about 5,000 litres or 5 cu mt. That is twice as much as my normal water bill.

I'm sure the people with no water don't want to hear this, but it's been chucking it down in Phuket. I guess it's because we are so far south here. We had 9 cm of rain on May 8th (says Phuket Gazette). So no water problems for m. I too (as Lawnmower) thought the drought was all but over. Just shows how different the weather can be just a few hundred miles further north.

Talking of lawn mowers :o , the man and his gang of workers came to cut the grass two days ago. He'll be back in two weeks because it's growing so fast :D .

In the Pattaya area the town water supply has now been off for 7 consecutive days... :D

Everyone is trucking in water at a rate of 200 THB per 1000 litres.

And where do the trucks buy their water? ... the City Water Supply Office. :o