Bars In Bangna

bangkok-bob

:o

Oh, sorry I should have given directions. Just bend over, put your head between your legs, stick your tong out, wave it around till the wind picks up, after feeling something enter, just suck a little and if after sneaking a look up you see a mini skirt and big hands you know your there.

Bud

• 4 weeks later...

I lived in Bang Na for 2.5 years and it's pretty bleak. If you're after something completely Western, you'll probably be let down. There are a few restaurants/watering holes at the back of Central Bang Na on the second floor. Also if you take the road to the left of the highway is a restaurant called 'Kratorn' or 'Gai Loi Fa' where they have an amusing show involving a man, a catapault, a flying roast chicken, and a unicycle. Failing that, head down Soi 103 (Udomsuk) but there's nothing particularly Western there. Or head towards and beyond Seacon Square; there are a few pubs there. Nothing Western though. Surely you can spare the taxt/BTS money and head into town? That's what I did - or head to some of the mixed bars.

The reason I ask is that I live in Bang-Na, as do loads of Farangs. I've got me own motor, but would rather not travel all the way into town to have a couple of beers with my fellow Farang.

All I'm looking for is a friendly hang-out where I can suck back a few beers, chew the fat, and not drive 30 odd KMS into town.

Cheers

I live just up the road from Bkk Pattana and have be considering opening up a little joint for some time now. Looks like I may have at least one customer, Bob.

In the process of checking out some gaffs. I'll let you know how it all goes.

Look forward to a few beers together.

Cheers

I live just up the road from Bkk Pattana and have be considering opening up a little joint for some time now. Looks like I may have at least one customer, Bob.

In the process of checking out some gaffs. I'll let you know how it all goes.

Look forward to a few beers together.

Cheers

Sounds good, looking for a partner??

There's enough Farangs in this area, but no where to go

• 1 month later...

Ok, I know this is reviving an old thread, but I've just moved to Thana City (working on the new airport) and that's even further out than Bang Na itself.

We have a couple of bars there (in Thana City) but pretty useless for sociable company. A few old farts (also working on the airport) and that's it.

Some open-air bars alongside the Bang Na - Trad highway (with the upper level concrete monstrosity) but looking at the traffic going by a few metres away, I reckon I'd be eating my beer if I left it uncovered (or undrunk).

So how about it - decent locations that don't take hours to reach.

There is also Uncle Drunks, I think its still on Bang Na.

There is also a supposed Farang Disco / Karaoke thing I think from memory on the corner of 103 and Sukhumvit, The rest is very much Thai oriented from what I can see

I drive past the Novotel everyday, I've seen the signs for their "Pub" not my style I bet, full of rich hi-so wanna-bees.

There must be loads of Farangs in Bang-Na, may be we should designate a drinking spot where people can meet for a few bevvies, beats going all the way into town.

I was stuck in the Novotel for a couple of weeks while my company found me digs. Went in the bar once, with my boss. Couldn't hear ourselves think, because of the noise. Asked for the music (?) :o to be turned down - no luck. Only a handful of people in there, all looking like lost business-men hoping for a lucky pick-up. No chance! :D

There just doesn't seem to be anywhere where one can just drop in and enjoy a pint or two, and the craik. And as I'm on the opposite side of Bang Na to Bangkok, it is quite a trip to get into town.

I am asking around on the airport site, but they're a weary lot of tossers.

I'll keep you posted.

Nothing is too far to check it out - when ???

Warning - it may be too far for a regular bevvy, if it doesn't meet my very demanding standards ! (Any draught ? Any Marston Pedigree, Old Hookey, Old Speckled Hen, Abbot Ale, Old Peculiar, ooooh I could go on and on ....) :o

Done my first bit of checking out - where exactly in Soi 71 - my company has an office near Klong Ton Bridge, at Soi Yaowaraj.

(There appears to be a 7-11 there.)

Never been there, but my driver will know it, as that's where he draws his pay!

How long must I hold my breath before I meet Mine Host in the proper surroundings?

Good luck !!