Bars In Bangna

bangkok-bob

Up2U.Not sure of all the brands you mentioned but I will stock upon your request.I have the place on 3 year rolling contract so I will build and add to it as I go along.Quite basic layout as it it mainly a Thai Style outfit that is clean and will have decent tucker.

I hope to be upon by month's end if not before.Will keep you posted.

No - I'm on Suvarnabhumi Airport (Bangkok's answer to the developments at Changi and Kuala Lumpur). But our Thai partner's office is there, somewhere. That is our registered office.

1-2-call : Most of what I listed are available only in decent pubs in England. But Marsston Pedigree I have seen in bottle form outside UK. I don't like bottles. I dislike cans. What I want is draught ale - out of a wooden barrel ! So I am bound to be disappointed whenever I stray far from places like Bristol - Smile's Exhibition - Aaaaahhhhh !!!

Pubs dow by the docks (very yuppie area now) with twenty barrels in a row - and twenty more above them. All different, all with the name chalked on, together with the percentage alcohol (w/v). All 5% to 8%. Against the average Carlsberg-type lager at 3.2% And the taste !!

If you're not having draught Chang, Carlsberg or Heineken - then I'll stay with bottled stuff. Do not like cans of anything - they seem to taste of can rather than beer - even the so-called draught-cans with the magic widget in the bottom.

I'm not in Thailand for the quality of the amber nectar, but the quality of the craik ! (And the ladies, and ... ) :o

At home in Pattaya at the moment - just had early dinner in the Queen Vic (Soi 6) and a couple of draught Carlsberg. They serve draught Kilkenny, but at twice the price I don't think it's worth it.

(I'm a farang Kii Nok - to quote another thread)

I'm happy with anything reasonable, as long as there are people to chat with - they listen, I chat!

I tried a pint of Guinness in the pub in Convent rd about 5-6 years ago before it became She-Nags,now the Irish Exchange.

At that time the rate was about 50 Bt to the pound and the pint was about 380 bt. :o

I dont recon im too much of a keen-oo but £7-50 a pint no way.The stuff is /was imported from Singapore and it tasted rotten anyway.Now that Carls/Hein are locally brewed the prices are more acceptable.

In fact I remember that the small tins of imported Hein.were sold in a gin joint called the Magic Castle (up near darling)about 10 years ago at at around Bt 150 a throw...so...

For a real grot draught try the Amarit for years the only one....grim :D:D