White - What's Up With That?

Forethat

I knew I should have gone for blood.. :)

Well done, But my response was to..(if you order a car without color you've just ordered a black one)

Meaning they would not deliver one without paint on it, It would go rusty wouldn't it?

Hence the primer, any colour you like if you want But never Black

I can sing a rainbow

:D

Maybe, this isn't black and white, there's a huge grey area surrounding this topic.

That will be the primer

:D

whites a great colour maintance wise. :D

is white a colour?

even as i was typing it i knew someone would pick up this ball and run with it :)

congrads, you get knob of the post award. :D

for the purpose of buying a car, yes, white is a colour, when you order, the sales person says, what colour do you want? You don't reply, "I dont want any colour" :D

Yes ND, we know that about ordering a motor, even us knob heads, but a"tech" question was asked and replied too. :D

Well, I'll be hornswaddled. :D

White may be cool and trendy but red cars go faster! :)

in LOS, acually no :D

when I worked for an upmarket automaker two decades ago we did heat and cooling tests.

same car/model in white, silver, blue, red and black. Hottest car was

red :D

so aircon needs to run more, steeling 3-10hp from the engine, making red cars slower

whites a great colour maintance wise. :)

is white a colour?

White is the blending of all colors and is a color.

Explanation:Light appears colorless or white. Sunlight is white light that is composed of all the colors of the spectrum. A rainbow is proof. You can't see the colors of sunlight except when atmospheric conditions bend the light rays and create a rainbow. You can also use a prism to demonstrate this.The sum of all the colors of light add up to white.

This is known as additive color theory.

Today is not important what color the car has, as you never see the bonnet when you sitting in a new car, unlike 30 years ago. Had a white Ford Falcon (65) and the bonned allways blends my eyes, during driving on sunshine. After i resprayed the bonned in flat black and i realized how relaxing my eyes since changing the color.

White is the color of purity. Brides wear white in many countries, because white symbolizes a virgin. White means kindness. In some cultures white is worn at funerals. White is Monday's color. White daisies are a symbol of loyal love.

White Energy

Strictly speaking, white is not a color, but the manifestation of the presence of all color - the complete energy of light. It stands for wholeness and completion. In many cultures it represents openness and truth. White has a cold quality. It can provide clarity as its energy is complete.

White has purification vibrations and can be used to clear blocks from your path.

It holds the potential to move toward every other color and this makes it a good choice for new beginnings, and development in any direction.

If you were ordering a car and the only 2 colors you could choose from were pink and turdish brown which one would you go for?

What a strange question on a "whats up with a white car thread"

But I'm not an Iron or a pimp so pink would be out for me.

I did used to have a Lotus Elan 2+2 which was the same colour as a turd, chocolate brown with a gold metal flake roof,

Getting a semi on just thinking about it, loved that car (when it was working)

LOTUS...Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious....very true at the time

:)

Edited by Slaps

• 3 months later...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automobile_safety

while i realize wiki is by no means definitive this is interesting and contradicts all i had been led to believe:

A Swedish study found that pink cars are involved in the fewest accidents, with black cars being most often involved in crashes (Land transport NZ 2005).

In Auckland New Zealand, a study found that there was a significantly lower rate of serious injury in silver cars; with higher rates in brown, black, and green cars. (Furness et al., 2003)

The Vehicle Color Study, conducted by Monash University Accident Research Centre (MUARC) and published in 2007, analysed 855,258 accidents occurring between 1987 and 2004 in the Australian states of Victoria and Western Australia that resulted in injury or in a vehicle being towed away.[6] The study analysed risk by light condition. It found that in daylight black cars were 12% more likely than white to be involved in an accident, followed by grey cars at 11%, silver cars at 10%, and red and blue cars at 7%, with no other colors found to be significantly more or less risky than white. At dawn or dusk the risk ratio for black cars jumped to 47% more likely than white, and that for silver cars to 15%. In the hours of darkness only red and silver cars were found to be significantly more risky than white, by 10% and 8% respectively.

http://en.wikipedia....tomobile_safety

while i realize wiki is by no means definitive this is interesting and contradicts all i had been led to believe:

A Swedish study found that pink cars are involved in the fewest accidents, with black cars being most often involved in crashes (Land transport NZ 2005).

In Auckland New Zealand, a study found that there was a significantly lower rate of serious injury in silver cars; with higher rates in brown, black, and green cars. (Furness et al., 2003)

The Vehicle Color Study, conducted by Monash University Accident Research Centre (MUARC) and published in 2007, analysed 855,258 accidents occurring between 1987 and 2004 in the Australian states of Victoria and Western Australia that resulted in injury or in a vehicle being towed away.[6] The study analysed risk by light condition. It found that in daylight black cars were 12% more likely than white to be involved in an accident, followed by grey cars at 11%, silver cars at 10%, and red and blue cars at 7%, with no other colors found to be significantly more or less risky than white. At dawn or dusk the risk ratio for black cars jumped to 47% more likely than white, and that for silver cars to 15%. In the hours of darkness only red and silver cars were found to be significantly more risky than white, by 10% and 8% respectively.

Thats cos theres only one pink car in Sweden. :D

so much for the colors

black cars are usually driven much more aggresively than other colors, resulting in accidents, prematurely worn out brakes, clutch, autotrans, suspension parts and tyres.

check the average use of color in any paintshop. While black makes up 10-20% of new cars sales, its like 30% of all resprays

white cars seems to turn yellowish after a few years.......

aint i right?

white pearl yellowish to begin with (Nissan, Audi) can turn more yellowish

white waxed every 3 months, I havent seen any turn yellowish

Both white and black is more important to wax often, since they usually dont have a protecting clear coat

2 more issues from my decades in the auto industry

3 year old trade ins, most colors 30% have had a respray, black its 50%

baloon lease, value in 3 years for black and white are often 5% point less. fashion colors, not knowing how popular they will be when trading in 3 years later. We dont mention pink in this cenario:D

Edited by katabeachbum

white cars seems to turn yellowish after a few years.......

aint i right?

My experience in Thailand is that they tend to go gray from all the diesel/soot that sticks to them. Well, unless you're talking about the pearl white on the MU-7 which is yellow to begin with ;)

Washing/waxing isn't enough to remove this fully in my experience - and I wash weekly, with wax every 6 weeks. You really need to use a chemical paint cleaner to get it off properly/safely. Use this stuff on your white car after 6-12 months in Thai traffic and you'll be amazed by the difference. In fact, use it on any color car that's been driven for 6 months or more and you'll see the difference - even on black cars (just to a lesser effect).