Bus Station In Krabi To Ao Nang (last Question)

westbounder

Thank you every one for all your help but I need help on this.

Just remember someday you will need help too.

Joe, please understand this is a sleepy forum.

On the main board notice views and replies compared to other forums here, low numbers. So it's not that there are people not willing to help, just not people here.....

Part of the fun of travelling is "winging it" don't be so caught up in planning ahead, as I mentioned, you'll figure it out as you go. I guarantee you (unless you are arriving at 2:00 in the morning) there will be shared options to get to Ao Nang from the bus station, as mentioned by the other poster around 70thb.

Also, be sure to spend a little time in Krabi Town. Good food to be had on the river, better prices when shopping. Spend an afternoon walking around there, worth it.

Have fun!

• 2 weeks later...

Joe the bus station is outside the town centre so there are a few options, get a small bus into town and then the small bus to Ao Nang or rent a small bus to take you direct its not much more expensive and its a door to door service or be really brave and if you have small luggage rent a motorcycle taxi!!

• 4 weeks later...

Joe - Regular 'songteuws' run from the Bus Station to Ao Nang commencing at around 08:00am and finishing around 19:00 pm (high season) - Cost is 60 baht/person to Ao Nang. It will stop for about ten minutes in Krabi Town to pick up passengers, then make its way, with a few further stops to Ao Nang. Journey Time from bus station to Ao Nang overall is about one hour.

If you come in on one of the early morning buses from Bangkok you may have to wait for the first 'songteuw' so try to time it to arrive about 07:30 am - this means leaving BKK at around 20:00 hours.

There are only two bus companies operating from BKK to Krabi - the 'government' bus and Lignite Tours, both about the same price (1400 baht single/per person) for P1 standard - VIP is a little more if you want a 'lie down' seat. I usually use Lignite Tours from the Southern Bus Station in Bangkok.

When you arrive at Krabi the 'touts' will unload your luggage (they can spot farang gear a mile away) and try and get you to book in with one of the travel companies who run a similar, non-stop songteuw at about three times the price eg 150/baht. The 'cheapo' songteuw to Ao Nang parks up on the side of the bus station opposite where Lignite Tours pulls in, or nearest to where the 'government bus' pulls in, so if you want the cheaper option you'll have to grab your bags back and make for the Ao Nang 'bus stop'

If you are tired or in a hurry the 'touts bus' will get you there quicker (maybe) depending where everyone needs to get dropped off.

Outside the hours I stated at the beginning you have major problems - a) Krabi Bus Station is not 24/7 so waiting around in the middle of the night is not recommended. :) There are no taxis in normal times and no motor bike taxis overnight - getting away from the bus station into Krabi Town is next to impossible. If you think you will arrive at some unearthly hour i would pre book a taxi which will cost around five hundred baht and get it to meet you at the bus station.

Enjoy Ao Nang!

Thailand Allan