Passover Seder 2010

meallem

Dear friends,

Passover 2010 is nearly upon us – the evening of Monday March 29. We are organizing a communal Seder, which will be the same format and spirit as our regular Shabbat gatherings – rooted in the depths of ancient Jewish tradition, while open to people from all faiths and walks of life.

The Passover Seder is an ancient multilayered ceremonial evening that includes reading texts, traditional songs, special rituals, special foods eaten only once a year, an abundant festive meal and heartfelt discussion. For those of you who are Christian, you may or may not know that the Last Supper was a Passover Seder.

We are going to put a special spin on this holiday which traditionally commemorates the historical Jewish journey from slavery to freedom and the spiritual path to liberation. Monks from Cambodia and Burma, who have had very challenging journeys themselves, will participate in the evening that will add another dimension to our Seder - expanding our awareness to relate to the universal human journey of healing and liberation.

As there is a lot of preparation involved for this evening and special food needed, we must find out how many people will join so we can plan. Contribution for the evening is 300 baht per person.

Please let us know if you will join within the next couple days. We will need you to commit to this event and pay in advance so that we prepare. Location to be advised!!!

You can call us on 084 610 6013 (Mike) or 0850577193 (Azriel) for information or email

[email protected]

Lastly, we need help to put the evening together. Tell us if you can help in any way with preparations (getting the word out, decorating the space, cooking, etc).

Blessings,

Azriel and Mike

• 2 weeks later...

hi, since i dont usually post on the chiang mai/rai sections,u dont know me; im the resident israeli here on kibbutz with thai husband, anyhow, im desparately looking for a hagada in thai!!! i have the story of moses in thai that someone found for me last year but really want a hagada or version of...

this year doing pesach with neighbhors and two thai worker friends of husband so want a thai version of sorts.. somebody, last year , said they had translated one (someone with thai wife) but cant find the thread so thought id try here....

anyhow, chag sameach

bina

israel

Hi Bina,

Sorry - nothing in Thai

Do you live in Chiang Mai

If so, we have Kabbalat Shabbat at one of our houses every Fri and you and your husband are welcome to join - its non traditional.

Anyhow, Hag Sameah

hi, since i dont usually post on the chiang mai/rai sections,u dont know me; im the resident israeli here on kibbutz with thai husband, anyhow, im desparately looking for a hagada in thai!!! i have the story of moses in thai that someone found for me last year but really want a hagada or version of...

this year doing pesach with neighbhors and two thai worker friends of husband so want a thai version of sorts.. somebody, last year , said they had translated one (someone with thai wife) but cant find the thread so thought id try here....

anyhow, chag sameach

bina

israel