Marriage Visa Toc

Those are the financial requirements if applying for 12 month extension of stay based on marriage at Thai immigration.

From official Police Order 777/2551:

2.18 In the case of a family member of a Thai(applicable only to parents, spouse, child, adopted child or child of his/her spouse):Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 1 year at a time.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

According to the Thai authorities (immigration) this is the minimum amount needed to support your wife.

I still dont get it. What is the puropse of having that amount on an account? If I dont have the money I will be automatically divorced and then transferred to the nearest border and then disposed of with a swift kick in the arse?

Edited by thaiphoon

That is the amount required by immigration to issue the extension of stay. Once the extension is issued you can use the funds for living expenses during the year, but would need to top up the account before renewal.

If you can't meet the financial requirements for extension of stay you can obtain multiple entry Non-O visa from KL with show of marriage certificate, wife's Id card, tabbien bahn, passbook showing balance of 100k+ (but may accept less funds first time round) and short note from wife to issue visa. But would have to do border runs every 90 days.

According to the Thai authorities (immigration) this is the minimum amount needed to support your wife.

I still dont get it. What is the puropse of having that amount on an account? If I dont have the money I will be automatically divorced and then transferred to the nearest border and then disposed of with a swift kick in the arse?

To put it easy - The Thai Government want to be sure that you as a foreigner will look after one of its citizens, so it sets an amount that it believes you should earn per month to do this, however if you have 400,000 in the bank then they are more than happy.

It has nothing to do with divorce, it is just so that you can continue living in Thailand with your wife with the correct Visa.

So in summary, marrying a Thai means you have the right to remain in the country without the need to do visa runs as long as you have enough funds.

Similarly, you are NOT allowed to work and you do NOT meet the requirements for a WP solely by being married to a Thai national.

Thanks.

So in summary, marrying a Thai means you have the right to remain in the country without the need to do visa runs as long as you have enough funds.

Similarly, you are NOT allowed to work and you do NOT meet the requirements for a WP solely by being married to a Thai national.

Thanks.

With a Non Immigrants O visa (based on Marriage) you can work in Thailand if all the criteria have been met, this means the company you work for must supply you with a sack full of documents pertaining to Taxes paid, list of foreigners working at the

company and other things, read this list at the top of the home page, should be under the title "Work Permit", if you do not meet

the criteria for a Non O based on Marriage you might meet the criteria based on work (Non Immigrant :), but this is based on your nationality and the job you are, or intend to do.

Example: A UK national must earn over 50,000baht per month for a Non Immigrant B if working for a company, but for a teacher it is completely different. But for the same UK National to get a Non Immigrant O based on Marriage, he only needs to show an

income of 40,000baht per month