Help!good Hotel For 1000-1200 Baht Needed

chiang mai foxy

sa-wat-dee.can anyone recommend a nice hotel around this price range please.

iv stayed in downtown inn(not very nice)star hotel(ok)and suriwongse(very nice)

would love to stay in suriwongse but not sure i can get in for this price range as it cost 1800 during songkran,and 1600 just before.iv looked at many hotel sites but prices only go up to end of october 2005.am i likely to get a month in suriwongse for 1200baht a night top price?if not any others please.hope you can help.

At that time of year you will be hit with gala dinners, high season surcharges etc.

Very minimum would be a dinner (compulsory) at Xmas & New Year. Depends on hotel but approx 1000Bt/person upwards.

Most hotels are going to be over your range at that time of year.

I would think Suriwong about 1200-1300Bt.

You could try the Duangtawan next door?

Try Paddy Field's Hotel (near Suandok gate) for about 950 baht per night (incl abf and tax and service) according to one hotel website that I checked. I suspect you would get at least another 10% or more off if staying an entire month. They don't mention any fees for a Gala dinner during that time but would be good to check beforehand.

I stayed there a few days this year and would definitely go back --Clean, quiet and large rooms.

The Royal Lanna sounds right up your street. It's just over the road from McD's and is a fairly new building coming in at just ovedr a grand for a standard room over the last high season period. Can't see it going up drastically for next year. Surcharges over Christmas mind!

royal lanna

Try Paddy Field's Hotel (near Suandok gate) for about 950 baht per night (incl abf and tax and service) according to one hotel website that I checked. I suspect you would get at least another 10% or more off if staying an entire month. They don't mention any fees for a Gala dinner during that time but would be good to check beforehand.

I stayed there a few days this year and would definitely go back --Clean, quiet and large rooms.

I would give this hotel a wide berth the place is a dump the rooms are dirty and and there are alot better places try The Downtown inn central and good rooms around 900 baht

would love to stay in suriwongse but not sure i can get in for this price range as it cost 1800 during songkran,and 1600 just before.iv looked at many hotel sites but prices only go up to end of october 2005.am i likely to get a month in suriwongse for 1200baht a night top price?if not any others please.hope you can help.

Try. VIANGBUA MANSION SERVICE APARTMENT

url: http://www.viangbuamansion-chiangmai.com

The best and the latest service apartment in Chiang Mai Thailand.

Rate: from 900 bath per nights with full facilities and wirless internet connection

If you are happy just email me and thank me for the info at [email protected]

I would give this hotel a wide berth the place is a dump the rooms are dirty and and there are alot better places try The Downtown inn central and good rooms around 900 baht

Try. VIANGBUA MANSION SERVICE APARTMENT

Rate: from 900 bath per nights with full facilities and wirless internet connection

If you are happy just email me and thank me (NASA) for the info at [email protected]

Try. VIANGBUA MANSION SERVICE APARTMENT :o

If you are happy just email me and thank me (NASA) for the info at [email protected]

Try. VIANGBUA MANSION SERVICE APARTMENT :o

Echo that - definitely top-notch value at the monthly rate (but remember that that doesn't include electricity - not a lot if you're easy on the aircon) and the room is made up (linen change etc) just once a week. Other than that, it's hard to tell the difference from at least a 4-star hotel. No pool, though.

Echo that - definitely top-notch value at the monthly rate (but remember that that doesn't include electricity - not a lot if you're easy on the aircon) and the room is made up (linen change etc) just once a week. Other than that, it's hard to tell the difference from at least a 4-star hotel. No pool, though.

No electric, weekly maid service and no pool? No difference from at "least 4-star hotel"? :o

No electric, weekly maid service and no pool? No difference from at "least 4-star hotel"? :D

:D Fair comment. I was thinking more about the look and quality of the place........

("but - apart from that, what have the Romans ever done for us?")

- John Cleese, "The Life of Brian"

:o