Jomtien Park Villas.

expatgaz

I've mentioned this place before, with the auction and all that, and asked for advise on the place.A lot of negative answers came back.I drove down there last week and think the houses look bloody great and wouldn't mind getting one but for 12 mil ish I want to be sure, so, experts out there whats the feeling on this place ?? Serious answers appreciated as the money mentioned aint chicken feed is it. Someone must have a bit of inside info.... If you don't want to put it up them P.M me.

why don't you go and ask the already moved in people who are living there?

if they are happy they'll tell you, if not they will definetely tell you!

unfortunately there are quite a few very vocal anti farang developers who post on here so all you will get is negativety.

personally I have seen the houses first hand as I went to the launch party last year and I think they are very good, thats coming from someone in the business who hasn't got anything to gain from you buying there.

p.s if you do buy one, go for the basement option that looks out to the pool :o

I've mentioned this place before, with the auction and all that, and asked for advise on the place.A lot of negative answers came back.I drove down there last week and think the houses look bloody great and wouldn't mind getting one but for 12 mil ish I want to be sure, so, experts out there whats the feeling on this place ?? Serious answers appreciated as the money mentioned aint chicken feed is it. Someone must have a bit of inside info.... If you don't want to put it up them P.M me.

Advertised as the best development seen in pattaya THE TREASURES OF THE WORLD ARE ALWAYS SOLD AT AUCTION.These homes are about double of what they worth.The location is not the best even.Check out the constrution carefully the quality does not warrent the asking price.There are far better developments for the money you want to spend that side of sukumvit.They were very fortunate to find people daft enough to pay over the odds for them in the first place not even title deeds.If you proceed use your own lawyer the place does not smell right.Definatley not a treasure and not worth 12million.TAKE CARE

Thanks for both replies, both very different.

I've viewed the properties and thought they where very nice. The basements ones particularly. If you take the properties price on price they are far better value that View Talay Villas and in the same area.The land is bigger yet quite a bit cheaper.I would be interested to know what other developments in the area are better value as to be honest I've not seen any. I have heard abt all the land ownership things which is off putting.

Serious post, what other developments are any good then ???

Have they sorted out the land ownership yet down there. I also went past the entrance and thought they were looking good - however as no doubt I am being cast as one of the negative guys, my comments were always along the lines of needing to be very careful and asking heaps of questions as against being anti the development. In my mind there were too many unanswered questions. If the land ownership is sorted out and your happy with the quality, go for it. Personally I think its overpriced and poorly designed with infrastructure done on the cheap (4" plastic drains for the street surface water spring to mind). The developer has no track record (unlike developers of View Talay Villas) and a dubious method of selling - driving past it said that it had sold out in 19 days, yet just last weekend the same firm is advertising the very same houses for sale and had 3 of them on the ad :o

unfortunately there are quite a few very vocal anti farang developers who post on here so all you will get is negativety.

theres one!

where would you say is better zoro? :o

Chateau Dale; View talay villa; Majestic Residence; Green Residence;Phun Far Threppasit;Some very nice indivdual homes in jomtien spring to mind .For quality and design i would say Park villas and Eakmongkol Threppasit are about equal.Forgot two very nice Thai style homes on a small development just behind Metro condo larger quality finish homes for around 11 mill.Not a delveloper have just spent time looking for that place to hang my hat.

First: Figure out where you want to live now, and as the city grows and changes.

Second: Look at everything available in that area. YOu can always change your house, but you cannot pick it up and move it.

Third: Compare land costs, building costs, maintenance fees, QUALITY, and look at doing it yourself, from a builder whose homes you have inspected.

You could even go so far as to buy your own land and then have the Park Villa builder build on it.

I think the development is very well done, and I also think -- like some of the other posters, that the houses are a little on the expensive side. AND I really think that they might be the most attractively laid out houses in the city.

I have tried to get Eakmongkol, where my friends and I have many homes and some sway with the developer, to build a development in the U-house design, but he has yet to take the plan into consideration. If he would, I would sell up and buy one in the Park Villa Design immediately.

As one poster said, talk to the people living there.

why don't you go and ask the already moved in people who are living there?

if they are happy they'll tell you, if not they will definetely tell you!

personally I have seen the houses first hand as I went to the launch party last year and I think they are very good, thats coming from someone in the business who hasn't got anything to gain from you buying there.

p.s if you do buy one, go for the basement option that looks out to the pool :D

Yeah, and don't believe people who say they are developers, or "in the business" what does that mean? Partial? I don't think so!

If you think they are ok, then you go for them, its your money, not ours. Personally I think that usually theres no smoke without fire. As you said, there has already been stuff written about this developement. They do seem pricey, but so does a lot of stuff to me now. Not like the good old days, when I bought my first place here :o

When I first came here 10 mil for a house was unheard of, now it seems very common.suppose I should have bought land 10 years ago when Jomtien was deserted, but hind sight is a wonderful thing !!

Maybe I'll just get a nice 1 or 2 rai plot over the Sukhumvit or Bang Saray and get a builder in to make my dream house, reckon that would only be abt 10 mil aswell !! Anyone know of any good land ??

Chateau Dale; I thought you were looking at quality??? they are rubbish!

View talay villa; excellent quality but dont get much for your money in there

Majestic Residence;as above

Green Residence; never heard of it, must be new? does thew developer have a good track record? i.e one thats okay with digger?

Phun Far Threppasit; as above?

Park villas and Eakmongkol Threppasit are about equal and both offer big houses on small land! european houses that are built for chinese thais, disgusting! seriously you think some of them houses are worth the 8 Million baht price tag?

Forgot two very nice Thai style homes on a small development just behind Metro condo larger quality finish homes for around 11 mill. you mean jomtien garden homes??? on what used to be near a lake but is more like a swamp pit! full of mosquitos and a must buy if you want dengue fever! also right next to the new 3rd road of jomtien???

:o

Green Residence; never heard of it, must be new? does thew developer have a good track record? i.e one thats okay with digger?

Park villas and Eakmongkol Threppasit are about equal and both offer big houses on small land! european houses that are built for chinese thais, disgusting! seriously you think some of them houses are worth the 8 Million baht price tag?

Forgot two very nice Thai style homes on a small development just behind Metro condo larger quality finish homes for around 11 mill. you mean jomtien garden homes??? on what used to be near a lake but is more like a swamp pit! full of mosquitos and a must buy if you want dengue fever! also right next to the new 3rd road of jomtien???

Tickle you are in the buisness you must be selling for park villa.Chateau Dale better location bit more pleasing on the eye go and ask the people who live there.View talay tend to agree with you on that one.You must get out of the office more Green residence 5 min from Park villa developer very good track record.Phun far had a look at this place probaly the best quality homes i have looked at not new look at the mags for the ads then go and have a butchers; over my budget unfortunately.PV and eak about equal qualitty and design and i meant the price should be about the same 3mill for 3 beds 500 000 for pool.Park villa low door heights for chienese thai.Did not know mossies just stayed thereat j gardens access to site from two ways not bad.

Tickle you are in the buisness you must be selling for park villa.Chateau Dale better location bit more pleasing on the eye go and ask the people who live there.View talay tend to agree with you on that one.You must get out of the office more Green residence 5 min from Park villa developer very good track record.Phun far had a look at this place probaly the best quality homes i have looked at not new look at the mags for the ads then go and have a butchers; over my budget unfortunately.PV and eak about equal qualitty and design and i meant the price should be about the same 3mill for 3 beds 500 000 for pool.Park villa low door heights for chienese thai.Did not know mossies just stayed thereat j gardens access to site from two ways not bad.

okay agreed I should get out of the office more, green residence as I have just found out is part of pattaya greenville, nice looking houses off siam country club road, not sure of the prices?

park villa, have they sorted out the vacant plots? last time I went in there there was loads of vacant plots that had 6ft high grass growing, not only that but was very good access for the theives in that place, maybe different now but had a bad name for a while?

Phun far? is still one that I cannot track down, where is it exactly please?

im no snob but the likes of eakmongkol have been done to death and they offer fairly spacious houses on small plots of land all butted up to each other, the place on thepprasit road to me personally is disgusting and some houses there hold the price tag of 8million baht!

finally good old chateau dale, thai bali houses!!! there is a consortium of at least 10 owners out of the 40 in there who are very unhappy, the follow up service from the developer is non existent and the build quality is highly questionable even for thai standards, what with walls falling on workers and killing them and recently a kitchen catching fire in what was reported to the press as the developers sub standard of work being the main problem! which is why the developer has offered to fix the guys house after he nearly burnt to death in it just to keep things quiet, had dealings with the developer and she plays the little old defensless lady but is ruthless in real life, not a good example of the thai chinese business people of this fair and great country :D:D:D you are safer dealing with indians!

you want a good established village.....Suwattana Garden Homes!

run by farang management and kept immaculate, and unlike all these new places you won't be living in a building site for the next 5 years!

Sorry to but in guys but since when can a foreigner OWN land in Thailand I have been involved with Thailand for 18 years and 99% of all so called ownership of land was a con with double contracts and short leases.I for one would not put one penny anywhere if i was not 100% sure it was for real.PLEASE all of you be very cautous and do not listen to what ANY Thai person or wife says about you being able to OWN land I have seen and dealt with far to many people being ripped off in this way.

• 2 weeks later...

Andy tl: Whereabouts are these Jomtien Villas.....I'd like to have a look at them. I wonder if they're comparable to View Talay Villas (see. www.condos-in-pattaya.com). For 12 million, you could certainly get a great place with a private pool as well as being close to the beach.

I disagree with the other poster. Yes, it is true that TECHNICALLY a foreigner can't own land in Thailand, but he/she can own any buildings thereupon, have complete control over the Thai company that owns the land, and have renewable 30-year leases on the property that are guaranteed by law. He is right when he says you have to be careful. I would suggest dealing with a reputable firm (ie, run by a foreigner), as I have, and there's no reason why you can't make bucket loads of money. I have bought 6 condos in the past 17 months, and my returns are averaging around 50%, ROI approaching 100% on my first purchases. Drop me a line at [email protected] and I'd be happy to discuss it with you, and please don't forget to tell me where these Jomtien Villas are....I've never heard of them. Cheers.

I thought the number 1 consideration when buying property is 'Location, location, location'.

If this is true I see no merit whatsoever in the location of 'Jomtien Villas' down a side Road off of Theppassit Road, although the development looked pretty impressive from a far.

Bit like building a prestige estate off the Old Kent Road in London, has some merits but class (12m) no.

If I was spending 12m in Thailand I would not be happy with a third world style mansion on a postage stamp of land.

Anyone know anything about all those new shop-houses/buildings going up around soi 17 and # 3 road ?

I can see 4 new buildings going up a stones throw from my dilapidated old building. Was thinking of trying to buy one of those "blocks" (shop on the bottom floor, apartments on the upper floors.

Run a shop and rent out the apartments for income. I rarely ever see those kinds of buildings listed on any of the property sites I've found.

• 1 month later...

The Pattaya Mail newspaper previously reported that the "the oldest bartering system known to the civilized world will be used to sell 20 new luxury private villas" [1] and also that there were "ninety-eight qualified bidders" [2]. But if both of those are true how is it that only 14 homes got sold? Was it that the 6 remaining villas could not solicit even one baht? Or were there shills involved who accidentally outbid the real bidders? A recent article stated that "MGI then [sold] the seven remaining properties...within 19 days after the auction"? [3] Why 7 and not 6? And why do I still them listed in the local property advertisements? It's all very confusing.

[1] "The Ultimate Auction" Vol. XII No. 46 Friday November 12, 2004 http://www.pattayamail.com/589/business.shtml#hd13

[2] "Jomtien Park Villas auctioned off at grand event" Vol. XIII No. 1 Friday January 7, 2005 http://www.pattayamail.com/597/business.shtml#hd7

[3] "Jomtien Park Villas Six Months Later On" Vol. XIII No. 26

Friday July 1, 2005 http://www.pattayamail.com/622/travel.shtml#hd1

Edited by fxm88

Hi

The only honest advice I can give to you is.

Feel free to spend 12m or more , on something that’s not yours.

Sounds like a good deal to me. why not buy two, one for your partner and

and one for the family.

Yes this is more negative comments.

But the truth., Property in Pattaya way over priced again.

Have a nice day. :o