Cbr 150

I've followed the news on this and the no fuel injection upgrade rumours have persisted for more than a year or two along with it's impending axe completely. It's also been one of the speculative discussions for a while on the board now. Having held on for the last 2 years hoping it would be changed over to fuel injection and not seeing the sense in Honda scrapping the bike I have never believed it.

Well, tired of waiting and the yeh and ney debate here, I popped into my local Honda dealer today and talked to the manager who remembers the farang face and I get on with well.

I brought the topic up and he assures me that the bike is not only going to continue in production but will have fuel injection from around May/June 2010. I asked him 5 or 6 times if he was a 100% sure and he is. I pushed him on how he could be so sure and his reply was because in the last week or two he has been to a Bangkok meeting on the phase out of certain models, and the new Fuel injection model was actually there for him to look at. He's SEEN IT- CBR 150 FUEL INJECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just as a double check my gf (who knows a Honda dealership owner very well) is going to get her to phone up Honda on Monday and clarify it. But I'm taking it as gospel and the ney sayers can remain so as long as they want. I'm enjoying a Chang or two and awaiting the day in the not too distant future, where I can slap down my baht and ride away my FI CBR 150! :)

Oh and please any 'I can piss farther than you' big bike brigade go and post on a topic someone else cares about.

On the other hand he could've been pulling my leg. Stupid farang and all that.........................

Mak

Edited by makavelithedon

Hope thats all true and look forward to see it. I also hope they also worked on the design...the cbr 150 without FI is boring my eyes....something new, something faster, and some eyecandy please, but maybe i am asking to much :)

Bill

I'm not a big fan of the angular movement that is currently en vogue with manufacturers. Add in the fact that the CBR Ningun-Pan's fairing was designed to evacuate the not inconsiderable heat produced by the engine and would be overkill on the baby CBR's output, I stand by my proposal to just use the same plastic (and save considerably on designs/moulds/etc). With the exception of those crazy handlebar mounted mirror stalks (where would you put your groceries?), non-integrated blinkers (probably would have to be carried over though :) ), the possibility (?) they may try and use the Wave's silencer, and the old looking rear grab rail the 125i is a nice enough looking bike.

CBR125_red_rhs_bg.jpg

For me that would depend entirely upon the style of the bike. If it's the same or roughly the same as the present CBR 150 R, great. If it's going to have a more traditional upright riding position, great. But if it would have the Cruiser style ala Harley or Phantom, no way. What was that Yamaha V twin someone put up here--a 250 V star? I'd take a 150 anyday over something like that.

Still trying to figure out how to put all kinds of groceries and larger things on a CBR 150 R or something similar. My Sony Mini stereo just went down and out and will have to take the amplifier, DVD, cassette, main unit to the Sony dealership on Sukamvit for warranty repair. I can have gf lay it on the Nouvo Elegance's seat between us or I can leave her at home and strap it down across the seat behind me with bungee cords in five minutes the same way I do with a desktop computer.

Wouldn't that make it a CBR175 then?

Better still with the 250 V twin horned in between ur legs. Wouldnt be many of us didnt upgrade then!!

For me that would depend entirely upon the style of the bike. If it's the same or roughly the same as the present CBR 150 R, great. If it's going to have a more traditional upright riding position, great. But if it would have the Cruiser style ala Harley or Phantom, no way. What was that Yamaha V twin someone put up here--a 250 V star? I'd take a 150 anyday over something like that.

Still trying to figure out how to put all kinds of groceries and larger things on a CBR 150 R or something similar. My Sony Mini stereo just went down and out and will have to take the amplifier, DVD, cassette, main unit to the Sony dealership on Sukamvit for warranty repair. I can have gf lay it on the Nouvo Elegance's seat between us or I can leave her at home and strap it down across the seat behind me with bungee cords in five minutes the same way I do with a desktop computer.

Wouldn't that make it a CBR175 then?

Better still with the 250 V twin horned in between ur legs. Wouldnt be many of us didnt upgrade then!!

Can load heaps of groceries on a CBR 150...hang from mirrors or over the ends of the h/bars, under stretchies as u suggest, Saddlebags for that trip, on the tank, back pack....regular pickup if you try hehe.

Agree about the cruiser style...so uncomfortable and lacking in handling ability.

As the Thai factory produces the euro/UK fuel injected cbr125 it would make sense (from Honda's POV) to inflict its styling on the 150. BTW the CBR125 retails for 150,000 baht in the rip-off UK!

One of the showrooms in Chiang Mai had a flat-track style CBR150 on show (done by one of its customers, I think) and that looked remarkably good, like a mini Harley Sportster but still with a proper riding position. All that plastic on the CBR is pretty pointless given its paucity of HP. Honda do have that 223cc aircooled thumper motor still in production in some markets (the OHC one that inspired hundreds of Chinese copies and can trace its roots back to the late sixties CB150/125) and must cost almost nothing to manufacture given that its design costs were paid off about twenty years ago.

Can load heaps of groceries on a CBR 150...hang from mirrors or over the ends of the h/bars, under stretchies as u suggest, Saddlebags for that trip, on the tank, back pack....regular pickup if you try hehe.

Agree about the cruiser style...so uncomfortable and lacking in handling ability.

Yup, thats the steering damper Thai style. Increases the Driving Safety a lot. Keeps the movement of the handle bars at bay so you can lit a fag or look for a number in your mobilie phone.

It also helps to control a stopie as it function as a counterweight to the back of the bike. :)

Yup, thats the steering damper Thai style. Increases the Driving Safety a lot. Keeps the movement of the handle bars at bay so you can lit a fag or look for a number in your mobilie phone.

It also helps to control a stopie as it function as a counterweight to the back of the bike. :)

Agreed. Also helps with the bars locked up, as then frees up another hand for using the mobile, as well as the fag in the other hand. Oh I forgot...the helmet sits nicely ontop and covering the mirror, so no need to check traffic behind, leaves more time to concentrate on the conversation.

I've had mine for little less than a year, but would definitely sell and upgrade for FI. But I hope they also upgrade the electrical system for better headlights, because the current ones really do suck at night. I tried xenon's but they pulled too much juice and didn't work right. As far as I'm concerned, that's the only drawback to it. Now if someone can offer a suggestion on brighter headlights......

I've had mine for little less than a year, but would definitely sell and upgrade for FI. But I hope they also upgrade the electrical system for better headlights, because the current ones really do suck at night. I tried xenon's but they pulled too much juice and didn't work right. As far as I'm concerned, that's the only drawback to it. Now if someone can offer a suggestion on brighter headlights......

Stanley 25/25's works fine.

I think one xenon 35/35 and one regular 25/25 will work fine - maybe use a switch for the xenon.

The xenon is great when it works.

Also try upgrading the wiring for the bulbs, and if you use a switch (should), then make it a good one. When I tried xenons part of the problem turned out to be a crappy switch.

Guys you are worrying me now.Check this price list from Honda, updated Feb 2010. No mention of CBR 150 but VTR 250.

Is Thaivisa by any chance affiliated with the link you posted here? On almost every Bike-thread there is a link to that page...not that i find this page particular bad but if i would have wanted to look at this page than i would have looked it up anyways ..now i try to follow a link expecting something new or good but it is the same old hat...even google searches are posted to lead to this page . It is getting annoying. Better to make a banner ,than having this kind of "hidden" advertising.

Hope you guys work something out

patcat

Somehow I think there is no "hidden" advertising with that link. Actually the mod of the bike forum an the owner of that site are not what I would call friends.

However, it is just the only good english site about different bike models here in Thailand (beside of the source of Thai Visa of course) all other pages are mostly about a club or about a specific make.

Btw. I still hope for a new CBR below 250ccm or that Yamaha wakes up and get some bikes with fuel injection.

Erm... you criticize the handling of cruiser-style bikes while at the same time espousing the virtues of hanging grocery bags off your handlebars?! <deleted>? :)

Somehow I think there is no "hidden" advertising with that link. Actually the mod of the bike forum an the owner of that site are not what I would call friends.

However, it is just the only good english site about different bike models here in Thailand (beside of the source of Thai Visa of course) all other pages are mostly about a club or about a specific make.

You forgot the Golden Triangle Riders site- still the most accurate and useful motorcycle-specific site in Thailand hands down.

logo.png The Golden Triangle Rider

Thailand / Laos / Cambodia Motorcycle Touring Forum

Edited by BigBikeBKK

You forgot the Golden Triangle Riders site- still the most accurate and useful motorcycle-specific site in Thailand hands down.

Yes, i thought this site(gt-rider) was worth mentioning( and there are more !!!),this in particular the reason my asking why we only get the link to just one site all the time. I hope they are working on some kind of solution to the "brainwashing us stupid" by linking us to just only one website. It's a bit like free election North Korea - people don't get much choices...same here.

patcat

Yes, i thought this site(gt-rider) was worth mentioning( and there are more !!!),this in particular the reason my asking why we only get the link to just one site all the time. I hope they are working on some kind of solution to the "brainwashing us stupid" by linking us to just only one website. It's a bit like free election North Korea - people don't get much choices...same here.

patcat

Patcat pull your horns in mate. No one brainwashing you stupid as you say. I'm just trying to buy a bike , nothing more nothing less. So when I read some of stuff you post, well at the end of the day I don't give it much credence either.

Thanks for your input anyway.

PS : That is not a TV source, it's google search for HONDA BIKES THAILAND.

Guys you are worrying me now.Check this price list from Honda, updated Feb 2010. No mention of CBR 150 but VTR 250.

You might want to note that the site you linked to is showing prices for bikes that aren't even available in Thailand... :)

Well maybe with the vast amount of knowldge on here , someone can help with the question I asked. Instead you just get these rubbish allegations & innuendos.

patcat

Patcat pull your horns in mate. No one brainwashing you stupid as you say. I'm just trying to buy a bike , nothing more nothing less. So when I read some of stuff you post, well at the end of the day I don't give it much credence either.

Thanks for your input anyway.

PS : That is not a TV source, it's google search for HONDA BIKES THAILAND.

I did not mean to "horn" :) exclusively your post but please take the time and look around on this bikers forum on almost every thread you get a link to the same website... do you still wonder why i posted this??? I think it is pretty clear that this website is profiting from the visitor count and related google adsense , maybe more....my point of view it is a commercial website and often self promoted...i find it "hidden" advertising and therefore suggested that Thaivisa and that other website are affiliated. If it is, than i find it better to speak up.

Back to your Honda search...here is the official Honda website: http://www.aphonda.co.th/honda2008/

patcat