Nana 1975

Lammbock

Maybe you know this picture and maybe they have been postet here already, sorry if so but i just found them on a Website mentioned here on ThaiVisa

All pictures taken 1975

Heidelberg

heidelbergtavernerqhv.jpg

Back site of Nana Hotel

nanahotel19755qju.jpg

Sukhumvit Rd.

sukhumvit753swd.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, great pics. Thanks for sharing.

One observation-there are no people! And the sidewalk shot in the second pic-where are all the vendors? (and customers...)

Edited by Lancelot

Wow, very nice too.

Maybe you could tell us where are this photos was taken, please?????

Thought I would make it a guessing game. :) It was a long time ago - believe the top one is on Petchburi which was the main entertainment avenue at the time. The 2nd one shows the Manhattan hotel in the background, the 3rd also Petchburi and the last is the Giant Swing.

^ is that the landmark in that second photo ?

Looks like the Landmark, with the enterance to soi 15 on the rh side just above the tuk tuk where the red car is pulling out.

First photo is the Bangkok bank building, was the bank open then?

Miama hotel LOL is that dump still going or did it go the way of the Crown up on soi 29?

The Topper Club was still around when I first lived here 1980-1984. I remember they have pics of when Bob Hope visited or did his act there. I think that was in Ploenchit area? Anyone remember the Sani Chateau in Gaysorn and Mario's Pizza?

Thanks for sharing.

I'm amazed at how open and airy Suk looks w/o the BTS overhead. Reminds me a lot of the main boulevards in a lot of other big cities. Michigan Ave. in Chicago, Calle Gran Via in Madrid, many others.

Tell us Khun Tywais, who is she??? :D

Here she is with her two sisters at Pattaya beach 1968. <just kidding, a beach photographer did the special effect shot>

We didn't fit the TV stereotype - she's an older woman as I was only 20 at the time. :D We were a couple for some time but both realists as when my tour of duty ended I would have to leave. That and my being too young to know what I wanted in life yet except to return to Thailand. :)

post-566-1269224450_thumb.jpg