BANGKOK 19 August 2019 13:26
Sign in to follow this  
Lammbock

Nana 1975

Great pics, wow I would have loved to been able to experience that as a young adult back then. Heh but since I was just Born in 1975 I guess no such luck :D

Thanks for posting :)

I was born 1984 but I would have prefer if i was borne in the year of 1947 :D

Just an idea:

Maybe a Mod could pin this thread and rename the Title into: "Thailand in the Old Days" or something like that????

And the sub title change from "3 pics for u" to something different. Any suggestion here welcome! :D

Great stuff. I was 8 at the time.

Great Memories.... ! ! ! !

I remember being ate back then too..... or was I twenty ate

I remember my dad visit Pattaya and Bangkok in 1978 . He took some great pictures of the daily life there and showed us back home.

But my mom never understood why there were so many beautiful girls in them.... :)

Fantastic photo's fella,

Bangkok looked more exotic and less smoggy in those days, would have loved to experience that time! I was just born in 1975!

Have you got anymore photos you could post? Would love to see more!!!

I will have to take a further look. Have more of Pattaya 1968 & 1989 but don't want to go off topic unless the OP has no problems with that. Will have to dig up the old topic that has Pattaya pics of the past and put a link here.

And Heidelberg still exists. A fossil in Bangkok. But good coffee project by them.

unless the OP has no problems with that. Will have to dig up the old topic that has Pattaya pics of the past and put a link here.

Feel Free to post any pics of Thailand doing "the old days"

This is practically what i want. That this thread gets pinned and everybody share old pics of todays crowded places!

Thanks to everyone here!

Edit 4 good/

It would be nice to get a picture here of a former Massage House! :)

Edited by Lammbock

A few more. If I get the location/ID wrong I'm sure someone will correct me. :) These are not as interesting though.

post-566-1269255517_thumb.jpg

1969 - Lumpini? Park

post-566-1269255584_thumb.jpg

1969 - Wot Po?

post-566-1269255619_thumb.jpg

1968 - Top of the steps of Wat Arun (Temple of Dawn)

post-566-1269255694_thumb.jpg

1989 - Bangkok river

Great stuff. I was 8 at the time.

I was there, and Worked in an office building on Soi Asoke and rented a house on Soi 18. I was 28 then.

I have to say, besides all pictures it is also very interesting the stories of some users here when they was in the age of (...) and writing here

what had they doing that time. Nice Nice..., really!

Another one in 1968 at the Bangkok Zoo. Not particularly interesting except the style of the era.

post-566-1269186189_thumb.jpg

signed: holy beehive batman!!!

Great pics, wow I would have loved to been able to experience that as a young adult back then. Heh but since I was just Born in 1975 I guess no such luck :D

Thanks for posting :D

I was born 1984 but I would have prefer if i was borne in the year of 1947 :D

Just an idea:

Maybe a Mod could pin this thread and rename the Title into: "Thailand in the Old Days" or something like that????

And the sub title change from "3 pics for u" to something different. Any suggestion here welcome! :D

Hey! Maybe we can work a trade? I was born 1944 - would that work? :)

My first trip to Bangkok was in 1963 at the tender age of 19. I truly wish I had been more a tourist instead of a GI. I used the electric trolleys back then - they were gone when I came back two years later.

Thanks to the posters for the pictures. I really enjoy the old photo's. Polaroid was the latest thing in 1963 and all the pictures I took have deteriorated over the years - another good idea gone bad. A pin of the "old days" is a good idea.