Australian Teacher Held For Sex Abuse In Phuket

webfact

Who really is the victim here... whether it be a real abuse by this dude or the mother trying to get someone in trouble for whatever reason... the poor child is abused either way... I don't know but I think he's most likely ruined for life.

Another thing, I agree that the school has to have some responsibility. I feel the schools here (perhaps other countries as well) have very poor security measures. There needs to be more serious level prevention than just screening the teachers. I know there are a few International schools here in BKK where almost anyone can get in and walk freely in the campus. Many students walking around without passes. Who's to know what is happening in what corner or toilets. I think just recently CCTVs are being widely used but I just dont think it is enough, when we entrust our children's lives in the school's hand.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who really is the victim here... whether it be a real abuse by this dude or the mother trying to get someone in trouble for whatever reason... the poor child is abused either way... I don't know but I think he's most likely ruined for life.

<snip>

"Ruined for life" because his mother may be lying? You've got to be joking.

I think the poor kid would be just a tad more "ruined" if he had been abused by the man rather than his mum telling lies.

There has been a lot of research to testimony of children. Children are reliable witnesses and can distinguish between real and fantasy. There is however 1 thing that needs to be taken into consideration. Children can easily be influenced by what they think the person questioning him wants to hear. The way children are interviewed is extremely important. One must take care as to not to lead a child, once that happens the testimony becomes unreliable.

Example are there more than enough of incest cases being found out not true, all because the therapist started to ask questions about repressed memories and leading the client into believing something that ever happened.

That's right. Kids up to seven years learn seven times faster than an adult, so does the memory. But as you mentioned, they can be influenced and present it as given, since they are in a taking in stage of their life, or forming a character.

Yep and many paedophiles have worked in asia as teachers

Neither is a fact in this case until fully investigated

Why do you try and discredit the child yet insinuate the arrested person is framed

Why dont you just say you know sweet fa about the facts and wait and see the outcome

AN anonymous poster says he knows the inside story and the guy has been set up ( and you jump straight on the bandwagon)

Another anonymous poster syas that the guy is on the paedo register in Australia (and you try and flame him)

You wouldnt happen to be a teacher would you???

he looks downright creepy...

It's well known that "creepy" looking people must be guilty, so take him out and hang him then!!!!!!

Give me strength.

If the only evidence against him is the word of a 4 year old, no physical evidence, no prior behavioural problems etc, the "reasonable doubt" defence would surely come into play, or is that not a defence in LOS?

Whatever the truth in this case, the societal distrust of men in general, which verges on hysteria in the west, is disuading men from teaching, and will eventually lead to a very distorted society when there are no male role models in schools.

Is anyone else confused by the date on the paper that the accused is holding in the picture?

The date is 19th August 2553, so 5 months in the future ??

I thought that it may be 19th August 1953, maybe his date of birth, but that would make him 56 now, not 51 as reported.

The other writing is too much of a scrawl for me to make out - anybody know what it says?

The height board behind tells us that the photo was taken at the Police Station at Thalang, but if they don't know what month this is, what hope is there that they can conduct an investigation ?

Is anyone else confused by the date on the paper that the accused is holding in the picture?

I thought that it may be 19th August 1953, maybe his date of birth, but that would make him 56 now, not 51 as reported.

The other writing is too much of a scrawl for me to make out - anybody know what it says?

The height board behind tells us that the photo was taken at the Police Station at Thalang, but if they don't know what month this is, what hope is there that they can conduct an investigation ?

The date is 19 March 2010, the arrest date

The 'other writing' you refer to is the arrest warrant detail.

The date is 19 ส.ค. 53, which is short for 19 สิงหาคม 2553 which is August

March is มีนาคม or มี.ค. for short

Edited by loong

The date is 19 ส.ค. 53, which is short for 19 สิงหาคม 2553 which is August

March is มีนาคม or มี.ค. for short

Are you looking at a different picture to me?

I'm relying on my wife, who is Thai. The date, (according to a native Thai) referred to translates to 19 March 2010. I don't read Thai, I rely on an expert.

I apologise, I am wrong. I looked at the picture again and see that you are right. That is terrible writing though

No need to apologize, I cannot read Thai, or for that matter, speak more than very basic terms, and very poorly at that.

accusations like this, and the subsequently rapid media coverage and statements by police make me very nervous about the Thai justice system. Everybody on this thread should just sloooow down! We all know what everybody thinks about child molesters and the punishments that should be handed out, so lets not have another thread full of 'chop his nuts off' let him rot in jail' etc etc. What concerns me here on the face of it is that a four year old child claims some form of abuse in the toilets, 'last year'! but cannot give a date (obviously). I am inclined to agree with the poster whose initial thoughts are that the guy is being set up. The rights of the family to privacy are important, but so are the rights of the accused until they are proven beyond doubt, guilty!

The kids of my ex went to a private boarding school in the UK. It was very good and very exclusive. One 9 year old girl at the school laid a claim of abuse against the Headmaster. The shock that went around was incredible, parents meetings were called and the Headmasters wife and kids who lived at the school faced a public inquisition, it was sick. The Headmaster was immediately suspended by the board. 14 months and untold family trauma later at the court case the now 10 year old suddenly admitted under questioning that her mother had put her up to it as 'she didn't like the headmaster' &lt;deleted&gt;! There never was any abuse, the Headmaster ended up divorced prior to the court case and he lost his Job as it was for a teacher with a 'Family' to live in at the school. The teacher, his wife and their two lovely children had their entire lives wrecked by some vindictive cow twisting the mind of her 9 year old daughter. I don't know what happened to the cow of a mother that started it, but even if she got 2 years inside, it was nothing compared to the lost lifetime of a destroyed family.

Don't be too hasty now!

Think its to late...the mans photo,name, details have been posted on the net and the papers,if hes innocent it doesn't really matter because things like that

don't go away and im sure the ozzie papers have heard of this too!!

My feeling is people who make false claims like this should be punished as much as someone who did the crime for reasons in your above story...the mans life is ruined because the mother "didn't like him"

It could just be someone with a grudge,or it could be something innocent (maybe the kid caught himself in his zipper or couldn't close his zipper),think its very sad the thai media and police hang someone before getting the facts (but in thailand your guilty until proven innocent)

If hes guilty i hope he gets what he deserves...and if innocent hes going to pay anyway :)