Australian Teacher Held For Sex Abuse In Phuket

webfact

then not than

Questions to be asked:

"Why was he dismissed for?"

And than:

"Is that little boy - btw... 4 years old now... - the only one?

And than:

"Is the (smiling) accused the only one involved?"

and than... when the truth will be known, and if he is the culprit... I hope they'll keep him in one of their jails for a long long time...

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets also remember that children in the UK start school as young as 4 years old. Are we suggesting that they won't retain anything taught to them, as they have no concept of time/date??

Ask the next kid near you about time and date now and you shall find out.

Several Points to make

What kind of screening process do these guys get before landing a teaching job in this country?

The people i know who have gone into this industry tell me they had no screening at all, they were very surprised.

Unfortunately not all schools do it the same way. I know that PIA, like British and many other international schools receive the teaching credentials, a Thai police report and a police report form the teacher's home county for all new teachers.

He's been arrested. He's denied the charges. He's not been proven guilty.

However, If it's true, absolutely revolting.

What is it about people in positions of trust and kids - clergy, teachers etc.

It's about time that more thorough back-ground checks were made by the appropriate authorities, but especially by these schools that families entrust their children to. And you have to ask yourself - would you entrust your toddlers to a 51 year old man working in a day school - a kindergarden? That would set off an alarm bell immediately in my opinion. This guy is going to teach my toddler nursery rhymes?! I'm sorry, that doesn't compute well.

The school, I hope, is also held responsible if this case is proven in a court of law. It will be a lesson that all schools should be doing more thorough back-ground checks on people they employ to 'teach' children - regardless of their age.

This Teacher was not a teacher for this age group. He was a middle school teacher (think 10-12 yr olds)

Agreed the school needs some investigation into how the teacher had access to the child.

I don't know but the majority of those that would "abuse" are not going to be caught by background checks (sorry to say). I would prefer all those that go after kids (especially teachers, since they are suppose to be held to a higher standard) - be kept in Thai prisons, not transferred back to their home country to serve the sentence.

Cacruden Brings up a very good point Background checks do not uncover every thing, especially if it's a first time.

Lets all remember that Michael Jackson was accused. Found innocent. Then the father of the "victim" kills himslef. The "victim" goes on to say that "he's not sure if anything ever really happened or not, he was listening to what his parents said".

The boy may have mentioned that he was in the toilet and the teacher came in and used the toilet too. Since the teacher had already been dismissed the child was probably asked questions that he didin't fully understand and the ramifications of his answers.

BUT AS A TEACHER!!. I protect myself and all teachers should do the same. I do not use restrooms that students are allowed to use. I will walk the 150 meters to where the teachers restroom is AND I never never never allow myself to be left alone in a room with a student with a student there must be 2 or more students. If I need a student to come to my room and talk with me after school, I instruct them to bring a friend with him/her. Better safe, than falsely accused.

The infants toilets at PIA are tiny children toilets that could not be used by an adult. The infants are always accompanied by a teacher and usually go to the toilet in groups. If a child needs to go during class, a teacher always accompanies them. And this teacher was in a different building with nothing to do with the infant classes.

This one has a very bad smell. He may or may not be guilty, but if he ends up with a long jail term based on the information from the 4 year old boy and noting else, I don't believe this offence is the real reason. As many have stated above: there must be much more to this case; either more evidence or something completely different, like money.

It's important also to remember that children will often tell adults what they expect the adult would like to hear. There was a big case in Norway some 20 years ago, the "Bjugn Incident", where many people, particularly teachers and others children knew about, were sent to jail for child abuse based on testimonies from children. Later, it was dicovered that the testimonies mostly were based on what therapists and police had asked if the children could confirm. The whole thing boiled down to nothing, but many people's lives were destroyed, and life in the little community in Bjugn was changed forever.

Edited by zakk9

wow ohh wow...

If he's guilty I hope they fry him,.... But this seems suspect.

My cynical side finds this whole thing a little odd…

He is let go in DEC, then 2.5 months later accused of this. I really wonder if there is more to this story like a contract fight. I hope that he really is guilty and it’s not him being falsely accused to settle a score or something sinister as such.

The smirk on his face is strange, guilty or falsely accused, you would think he would be in a state of panic not smirking?

The "smirk" on his face is from a previous photo, probably a work permit or school id. are you that naive??

The Original Posting on the Phuket Gazette has been removed off their web site

I think that they might have been a little to giving with details as regarding the case.

I'm not saying it's bad journalism but i'm saying some privacy boundaries have been crossed for both parties involved.

The infants toilets at PIA are tiny children toilets that could not be used by an adult. The infants are always accompanied by a teacher and usually go to the toilet in groups. If a child needs to go during class, a teacher always accompanies them. And this teacher was in a different building with nothing to do with the infant classes.

more ... more, you seem to know more ... pleeeeease

The "smirk" on his face is from a previous photo, probably a work permit or school id. are you that naive??

Dude, i don't know about you but my WP photo didn't involve a height meter behind me and me holding a sign that had my name and DOB on it.

more ... more, you seem to know more ... pleeeeease

Don't do it thaifry. I know too, but i want to let this be handled by the professionals and not contaminate the case.

several "hang 'em high" posts deleted

Please note the Australian is not convicted by a court of law yet!

Thank you

Correct.

For example, the guy could have been assisting the child use the toilet or there could be many reasons, including the mother is trying to extort money from an innocent Farang teacher. Just as plausible as the child molester story.

The obvious is not always the fact, so lets wait and see what transpires in the next few weeks.

Correct.

For example, the guy could have been assisting the child use the toilet or there could be many reasons, including the mother is trying to extort money and from an innocent Farang teacher.

The obvious is not always the fact, so lets wait and see what transpires in the next few weeks.

Whatever are you talking about? Thais don't extort money from farangs. HAHA. This is exactly what I am thinking is going on a teacher dismissed, details not released, was in the toilet same time as son, BINGO, PAYDAY, CHA CHING.

...Four year od ? abused ? are we sure the parents not stting up the teacher for a pay-out? All done b4.lets follow up and wait what comes next.

Right, and why the woman waited 5 months with informing the police, the guy made some mistake but they had some financial agreement until the guy got broke so actually thy care more about money then about their kid ?

The guy just helped the boy with peeing, like parents sometimes do, and someone saw it ?

If you ask me the guy does not look very innocent and neither he looks like a teacher, but there's a strange smell on this story.

From Their website, it gets even stranger

Phuket Mind Centre at PIA, currently under construction, will offer training in the cultivation of cognitive and emotional balance. Phuket International Academy Mind Centre (PIAMC) will provide a blend of contemporary psychology and neuroscience alongside ancient Asian contemplative practices. Delivered through residential retreats and weekend seminars PIAMC is open to all. Working in close interaction with the PIA Day School and the PIA Sports, Arts & Wellness Centre, the programmes offered through PIAMC will contribute to everyone's enhanced mental balance and wellbeing.

... more like a sect than a school ...

Edited by elcent

Shocked by the statement made by the school. It practically says he is guilty. And a 4-year-old boy allegedly telling his mother months later?????????? I think the school should at least have said that these were still only charges, not facts.

Or could it be that he was dismissed by the school for something that should have been reported to the authorities, but was hushed up? That scenario is popular these days.

What was he doing in the school since he had already been dismissed in December ? The school should be held responsible for allowing this man to enter it's compound even after he was no longer an employee there.

your information is off: Teacher was Dismissed in DEC 2009. Incident allegedly took place prior to teachers dismissal. Allegations were maid recently. Teacher arrested at his home last Friday Night (19 MAR) Teacher was not wandering around campus of his own accord post dismissal.

Edited by ozymandious

Convicted child molesters should be locked up for life BUT I also agree that this guy is INNOCENT until PROVEN guilty.

Come on guys, a 4 year old tells a story in March about alleged abuse that happened last December...

That is not enough evidence for a conviction and unless there is other evidence we don't know about I'm rather surprised the guy was arrested in the first place...

Always loved the term "Innocent UNTIL proven guilty" instead of " ... UNLESS" proven guilty"

So the article got removed from Phuket Gazette. Hmmm, did he do it himself to blackmail the school or sect? Or was he setup to shut up and not to fight for his rights? The more I read on their website the more suspect the school becomes.

Phuket Mind Centre at PIA, currently under construction, will offer training in the cultivation of cognitive and emotional balance. Phuket International Academy Mind Centre (PIAMC) will provide a blend of contemporary psychology and neuroscience alongside ancient Asian contemplative practices. Delivered through residential retreats and weekend seminars PIAMC is open to all. Working in close interaction with the PIA Day School and the PIA Sports, Arts & Wellness Centre, the programmes offered through PIAMC will contribute to everyone's enhanced mental balance and wellbeing.

It's a sect because it wants to enhance, embrace and educate ones Mind Body and Soul?? :)

Innocent until proven guilty...

Sexual abuse in at oilet..a fairly public and accessible place. probably not the motto of a molester if he is one...

a 4-year witness..could it be the mother put words into the mouth of the abused? her ability of the lack of how to handle a situation like this is really key to whether someone who is innocent (if he is) is falsely accused...

CB

What was he doing in the school since he had already been dismissed in December ? The school should be held responsible for allowing this man to enter it's compound even after he was no longer an employee there.

your information is off: Teacher was Dismissed in DEC 2009. Incident allegedly took place prior to teachers dismissal. Allegations were maid recently. Teacher arrested at his home last Friday Night (19 MAR) Teacher was not wandering around campus of his own accord post dismissal.

Oops sorry, i got it wrong but what was the reason for his dismissal ?

It's a sect because it wants to enhance, embrace and educate ones Mind Body and Soul?? :)

it's truly not an international school with an international curriculum, is it?

I am very fond (not in that way) of kids but could never be a teacher of youngsters because I would let them sit in their soiled pants the entire day before I would go anywhere alone with them let alone an area where a kid is going to expose his genitals. Sex crimes are very serious but some balance in society has to be met ,,,, given the pay, what person would risk being a teacher now-a-days? Hmmm, there I go along with the current culture of mistrusting any adult who wants to work with children but ... seems like a rational person would never choose this course of business given the inherent risk which in the USA means being labeled the rest of your life (because you WILL do this again), not being able to live in most cities or town for the rest of your life, having your name posted publicly and in search engines as a sex offender (regardless of crime) forever ....

Just cannot help but be suspicious of all teachers and coaches now but when you ask a 4 year old 2 or 3 times if something bad happened then at some point he will say yes.