Australian Teacher Held For Sex Abuse In Phuket

webfact

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The "smirk" on his face is from a previous photo, probably a work permit or school id. are you that naive??

Dude, i don't know about you but my WP photo didn't involve a height meter behind me and me holding a sign that had my name and DOB on it.

Yes thats not a work permit or passport photo......definately a police mugshot.

Its true that this guy has not been convicted before a court yet & I guess I am generally blessed in the country that I come from, as the Police don't go around arresting too many people without having a prima facie case.

Mr Lister Hannah was appointed to the position of Executive Chairman of the Board for PIA Day School in mid 2009, to oversee the strengthening of the present governance and management of the school, and also clarifying and consolidating the strategic direction for developing PIADS as a world-class International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum school. He will be working closely with Len Peters, Acting Head of School.

In 2000 he became the Founding President of the highly regarded Prem Tinsulanonda Centre for International Education (Prem Centre) in Chiang Mai. He retired from this position in 2006 but retains close ties with the Prem Centre, and is also a consultant with a number of schools and projects in Asia.

Lister has been involved with all three IB Programmes (the Diploma, Middle Years and Primary Years) since the mid-1970s, and has been instrumental in also founding two now fully-IB schools, the Bavarian International School, Germany, and the Prem Tinsulanonda International School, Prem Centre. He has also participated in and led many teams accrediting international schools world-wide.

http://www.phuketinternationalacademy.com/...p#exec-chairman

hmm, now things getting clearer, don't they?

And you have to ask yourself - would you entrust your toddlers to a 51 year old man working in a day school - a kindergarden? That would set off an alarm bell immediately in my opinion. This guy is going to teach my toddler nursery rhymes?! I'm sorry, that doesn't compute well.

Would you entrust you kids to a 51 y.o. female teacher? If so, then why not a 51 y.o. male teacher? Are men more intrinsically evil than women? We sure are treated that way - and it's about time it stopped.

I expect this whole forum will be people damning this man before anything has been proven, how can they take the word of a 4 year old and say the man is guilty. The boy could have easily been coached by the mother who could stand to gain financially by this perhaps someone found out he was gay and figured he would make a good target?

We don't know until he is proven guilty, and that will be very hard to prove.

After this forum has become out of control and filled up with bigoted slander, abuse and hearsay it will be taken down and none will know the truth as this forum never follows up.

You accuse others of being damming yet you throw up ridiculous hypothetical statements the other way????

I am not going to apologise for playing devil's advocate here, so don't ask me to do so after reading my post.

Why are so many people assuming that this man is guilty before even going to trial? This could be a case of "that teacher gave my son "F" grade, even though i offered a bribe for an "A" grade - which he refused. I'll show the b@stard".

So what if he had been fired before this accusation came to the attention of the police? The reason he was fired COULD or COULD NOT be linked to this case. If it was linked, why was the school not more reactive in bringing it out in the open? The school were maybe worried that they would suffer damages: -

a) damage to their reputation

:) financial damages in court

c) damages to staff morale

d) damages gross income

e) damages by needing to recruit and train more staff that leave as a result of this case

f) damages realised as a result of reduced productivity

Did the school try to sweep this one under the rug? Were they worried about becoming an accessory to the fact, being implicated by contributing to this offence? They come out and speak now, knowing full well that their name will be dragged through the mud anyway.

According to what i have so far read, i would also say that there is no solid reliable evidence here of this man committing this offence. It is one boy's word against one man's word. What in the World is going on if a people can accuse each other of wrongdoing if no evidence is submitted? You cannot convict this man beyond all reasonable doubt. It is ludicrous. Hey but why let lack of solid evidence get int he way of the truth?

In addition to this, how can a 4 year old (who was approximately 3 at the time of the alleged offence) boy's testimony be reliable? Plus, he cannot remember the date so how can the alleged offence be pinpointed and how can the accused be given fair opportunity to defend himself if the date of the alleged offence is non existent!

A four year old boy is not legally responsible when commiting an offence so why should a 4 year old boy be legally responsible to offer evidence.....i am assuming there were no witnesses? Awfully convenient if you ask me.

So it all boils down to "his word against mine" - who would you believe? a 4 year old (who's parents COULD have alterior motives)..... or a teacher?

If there is evidence then let's see it or hear about it. If the evidence is irrefutable and conclusive then he will be justly convicted.

I personally don't see the logic in hammering this guy (or any other guy, regardless of the nature of the aleged offence) and jumping to conclusions before opening statements in a court of law have been given.

My gut feeling is that there is a lot more to this case than meets the eye. But if he's guilty, he'll be punished!

Lets also remember that children in the UK start school as young as 4 years old. Are we suggesting that they won't retain anything taught to them, as they have no concept of time/date??

Ask the next kid near you about time and date now and you shall find out.

Are times and dates really important. Events is what matters, sadly because we dont listen to chidren enough so many episodes of abuse go unrecognised and swept under the carpet. You only have to look at the last few legal cases in the UK.

I doubt the boys in brown would have allowed his name and mug be plastered in public if there was any doubt that he was not guilty or at least had a track record.

Hard to believe that a man like this gets to either 51 or is it 57 without arousing suspicions. I would think that perhaps the school removed him from his position for a related reason. If the school was negligent which seems likely they are equally guilty in my eyes of betraying the trust of the family and more importantly the child. I have to say that in the past 12 months there seems to be an influx of scum bags in the Chalong, Kata and Karon areas abusing young women. As the girls are working girls they dont report the crimes which allows the bast*rds to move about freely. That all said I have met quite a few teachers who claimed to have secured their qualifications on the internet.

So all grand fathers over the age of 50 should also arouse suspicions in regards to their young grand children :D ... Please !!! Age has nothing to do with this.. :)

Are times and dates really important. Events is what matters, sadly because we dont listen to chidren enough so many episodes of abuse go unrecognised and swept under the carpet. You only have to look at the last few legal cases in the UK.

I have enough reasons to believe that stories have been made up for more or less political reasons like you can find here.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=3437733

I am not going to apologise for playing devil's advocate here, so don't ask me to do so after reading my post.

Why are so many people assuming that this man is guilty before even going to trial? This could be a case of "that teacher gave my son "F" grade, even though i offered a bribe for an "A" grade - which he refused. I'll show the b@stard".

So what if he had been fired before this accusation came to the attention of the police? The reason he was fired COULD or COULD NOT be linked to this case. If it was linked, why was the school not more reactive in bringing it out in the open? The school were maybe worried that they would suffer damages: -

d) damages gross income

e) damages by needing to recruit and train more staff that leave as a result of this case

Did the school try to sweep this one under the rug? Were they worried about becoming an accessory to the fact, being implicated by contributing to this offence? They come out and speak now, knowing full well that their name will be dragged through the mud anyway.

According to what i have so far read, i would also say that there is no solid reliable evidence here of this man committing this offence. It is one boy's word against one man's word. What in the World is going on if a people can accuse each other of wrongdoing if no evidence is submitted? You cannot convict this man beyond all reasonable doubt. It is ludicrous. Hey but why let lack of solid evidence get int he way of the truth?

In addition to this, how can a 4 year old (who was approximately 3 at the time of the alleged offence) boy's testimony be reliable? Plus, he cannot remember the date so how can the alleged offence be pinpointed and how can the accused be given fair opportunity to defend himself if the date of the alleged offence is non existent!

A four year old boy is not legally responsible when commiting an offence so why should a 4 year old boy be legally responsible to offer evidence.....i am assuming there were no witnesses? Awfully convenient if you ask me.

So it all boils down to "his word against mine" - who would you believe? a 4 year old (who's parents COULD have alterior motives)..... or a teacher?

If there is evidence then let's see it or hear about it. If the evidence is irrefutable and conclusive then he will be justly convicted.

I personally don't see the logic in hammering this guy (or any other guy, regardless of the nature of the aleged offence) and jumping to conclusions before opening statements in a court of law have been given.

My gut feeling is that there is a lot more to this case than meets the eye. But if he's guilty, he'll be punished!

I SOOOO TOTALLY AGREE!!! Well said !!!

There has been a lot of research to testimony of children. Children are reliable witnesses and can distinguish between real and fantasy. There is however 1 thing that needs to be taken into consideration. Children can easily be influenced by what they think the person questioning him wants to hear. The way children are interviewed is extremely important. One must take care as to not to lead a child, once that happens the testimony becomes unreliable.

Example are there more than enough of incest cases being found out not true, all because the therapist started to ask questions about repressed memories and leading the client into believing something that ever happened.

Mr Lister Hannah was appointed to the position of Executive Chairman of the Board for PIA Day School in mid 2009, to oversee the strengthening of the present governance and management of the school, and also clarifying and consolidating the strategic direction for developing PIADS as a world-class International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum school. He will be working closely with Len Peters, Acting Head of School.

In 2000 he became the Founding President of the highly regarded Prem Tinsulanonda Centre for International Education (Prem Centre) in Chiang Mai. He retired from this position in 2006 but retains close ties with the Prem Centre, and is also a consultant with a number of schools and projects in Asia.

Lister has been involved with all three IB Programmes (the Diploma, Middle Years and Primary Years) since the mid-1970s, and has been instrumental in also founding two now fully-IB schools, the Bavarian International School, Germany, and the Prem Tinsulanonda International School, Prem Centre. He has also participated in and led many teams accrediting international schools world-wide.

http://www.phuketinternationalacademy.com/...p#exec-chairman

hmm, now things getting clearer, don't they?

A hel_l of a lot clearer //// ... Pffff...! so sickening what people resort to, to just hurt each other ... !

You accuse others of being damming yet you throw up ridiculous hypothetical statements the other way????

I was only pointing out that there could be any and many reasons why this man was accused, I agree with you you are correct, I should not have given any examples or hypotheses of my own. I just hope justice is carried out whichever way it goes.

Why dont the people in this thread who state firstly that the man is innocent until proven guilty let justice take its course and wait and see

instead of making insinuations about frame ups, lack of credibility of the child as a witness, the mother 'may' have put the child up to it, there is a lawsuit but cant put details on here, etc, etc

Hypocritical at best, I wont say what at worst is

Let it play out and hopefully justice will prevail

Why dont the people in this thread who state firstly that the man is innocent until proven guilty let justice take its course and wait and see

instead of making insinuations about frame ups, lack of credibility of the child as a witness, the mother 'may' have put the child up to it, there is a lawsuit but cant put details on here, etc, etc

Hypocritical at best, I wont say what at worst is

Let it play out and hopefully justice will prevail

OK, lets look at the facts as they have emerged within hours.

Phuket Gazette posts this incident and webfact placed it here with P Gazette as source. Phuket Gazette had a link to its website until 2 - 3 hours ago see footer, cached page. Phuket Gazette removed the story. PIA the link in the footer.

Mysterious posters gave hints so I got even more curious and did my own search, just to find out strange connection to a person which is the target enemy in the current political unrest.

Want me to say more?

I just say, let this guy if he's really arrested go.

PIA is a big advertiser in the Gazette. Half page ads. Probably was part of the reason it was removed.

So are some of you suggesting this is a red shirt yellow shirt issue because of Lister Hannah's involvement with a school named after General Prem the former Prime Minister?

Pity as i have personally met Lister Hannah and was always impressed with his genuine efforts to educate.

By the way isn't PIA expensive? how many Thai parents are sending their kids there?

d) damages gross income

Quite right.

At the moment it is all very vague.

Let's not forget he is innocent until proven guilty.

Quite right.

At the moment it is all very vague.

Let's not forget he is innocent until proven guilty.

Not so in Thailand. You're accused and considered guilty until you can prove you're innocent. It's against international human rights declaration.

There isn't a punishment strong enough for crimes like this

Yes there is.....the Thai prison system, what do you think hardened thai criminals think of child molesters? :)

If he is convicted his life will be a living h^ll

Edited by ThaiPauly

I really urge all the Aussies here to get in contact with the Embassy and Medias to follow up. It seems to be a big cover up going on.

I know what I'm talking about.

I don't want to see a suicide note when it was likely not then.

Edited by elcent

How did he get into the country? How did he leave Aust? I know this guy and have had dealings with him in Aust and he is on a register. Ok not getting personal and say no more.......

22 yrs policing

I live in the San Sai area and most I speak with are very pro red but I must also say not pro thaskin. They loved what his party did for them in regards to education and health but do not support the man himself.

maybe this why you have nothing more to say?

How did he get into the country? How did he leave Aust? I know this guy and have had dealings with him in Aust and he is on a register. Ok not getting personal and say no more.......

22 yrs policing

I live in the San Sai area and most I speak with are very pro red but I must also say not pro thaskin. They loved what his party did for them in regards to education and health but do not support the man himself.

maybe this why you have nothing more to say?

What has support or non support for thaskin got to do with this man??? What has thai politics got to do with it??? That comment was views of thais on politics not my views. Still trying to put the 2 together pls help me thai politics and an aussie ped?????

I really urge all the Aussies here to get in contact with the Embassy and Medias to follow up. It seems to be a big cover up going on.

I know what I'm talking about.

I don't want to see a suicide note when it was likely not then.

You know what you are talking about. Really??? I think you know just as much as anyone here, which is nothing.