Australian Teacher Held For Sex Abuse In Phuket

webfact

How did he get into the country? How did he leave Aust? I know this guy and have had dealings with him in Aust and he is on a register. Ok not getting personal and say no more.......

22 yrs policing

I live in the San Sai area and most I speak with are very pro red but I must also say not pro thaskin. They loved what his party did for them in regards to education and health but do not support the man himself.

maybe this why you have nothing more to say?

What has support or non support for thaskin got to do with this man??? What has thai politics got to do with it??? That comment was views of thais on politics not my views. Still trying to put the 2 together pls help me thai politics and an aussie ped?????

OK, my fault saw it too late.

But one thing's interesting. You're accusing this man for something without giving details or your credentials. I do understand from your posts that you have worked in an University in a liaison office, but that doesn't prove your accusations.

What do you know of how the system works here?

Have you had contact with him lately?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of screening process do these guys get before landing a teaching job in this country?

what sort of screening did the catholic priests ,

who were found giuilty of child sex abuse have ???.

three hail marie,s

and back to it ...

if guity ,, hang or crucify them ..

To say that something wasn't right in this case could have been anything. Most teachers who are fired in Thailand are fired for being lousy teachers, or for having attendence issues, or just being a lush. It is a big jump from "something not right" to being a child molester>

"It should be noted that Mr Clements was dismissed from the school in December 2009. There is absolutely no connection between his dismissal from the school and the criminal charge which he now faces.

They must have had some idea somethig was not right.

Edited by NTGuy

What happened to innocent until proven guilty? If he did it then nothing would be too horrible to do to him but so far we don't know!

charged for something that the kid could not supply information about the date of the offence and the kids 4.... what!!!!!

“It should be noted that Mr Clements was dismissed from the school in December 2009. There is absolutely no connection between his dismissal from the school and the criminal charge which he now faces.

They must have had some idea somethig was not right.

It was also said that at the same time more than 50% from their staff have been dismissed.

How did he get into the country? How did he leave Aust? I know this guy and have had dealings with him in Aust and he is on a register. Ok not getting personal and say no more.......

22 yrs policing

Moe town .

Thank you.

The first bit of circumstantial I have seen so far.

No smoke without fire.

Lets hope that the Thais get every bit of info from Aus.

It may just help them come to the right decision.

Elcent....

I do not have a good knowledge of the Thai system but I do have some knowledge of the Aussie system and a little thing called the sex offenders register which is public knowledge. I have not had recent dealings with this person but I did a few yrs ago during an arrest. My questions were how did he get into Thailand and out of Aust

What happened to innocent until proven guilty? If he did it then nothing would be too horrible to do to him but so far we don't know!

Interesting this is actually a farang legal concept popularised in Hollywood movies and drama. If you check Thai law I think you will find it doesn't rely on the same premise. Sometimes some farangs forget where they are that really this is not yet a developed country and is a completely different culture with a different legal and moral system. Know what you are saying but hmmm not the best place to be accused of this type of crime!!! :)

Why I'm concerned?

Well it happened to me quite some time ago when I got hijacked and kidnapped ended up in jail for an illegal gun which I took from the kidnappers after getting over their attempt to kill me, because the Mafia thought I was police first. I showed it to my Embassy, told them the story and I got arrested days later.

People were told that I have been moved when I was not. Local news reported on first page, headlines, that I committed suicide when I did not. I went through hel_l and I sensed that there was a cover up in the making.

A good local friend with highest connection managed to get me out then. Long story.

The vice counselor and a few liaison officers lost their job too.

come on guys / girls do you really think I am that stupid? This is the internet and I am not going to broadcast a persons prior convictions on here whilst he is still under investigation. Due you know how the law works? When the case is resolved maybe I will tell you more.

As for the troll thing, I simply asked a question how did he get into the country and out of Aust.....

Sorry won't be baited....

come on guys / girls do you really think I am that stupid? This is the internet and I am not going to broadcast a persons prior convictions on here whilst he is still under investigation. Due you know how the law works? When the case is resolved maybe I will tell you more.

As for the troll thing, I simply asked a question how did he get into the country and out of Aust.....

Sure you will tell us the sudden disappearance on P Gazette and the link from that school to it then too. :)

22 yrs policing

Moe town .

Thank you.

The first bit of circumstantial I have seen so far.

No smoke without fire.

Lets hope that the Thais get every bit of info from Aus.

It may just help them come to the right decision.

Great. Somebody on an anonymous forum says he knows something and so it must be true. Not saying it isn't, but come on. Hopefully the Aussie Embassy will be given the info, let them release it, if its true. The guy may be guilty, maybe not. Its not for us to decide, especially based on "evidence" given out on an internet forum.

Sure you will tell us the sudden disappearance on P Gazette and the link from that school to it then too. :D

No because I know nothing of it :) sorry still not working

i truly hope this is not founded, and if the boy was truly abused, my heart goes out to him and his family, but i am so tired of seeing this kind of thing going on the world. My best wishes go out to all who might be innocent, or having been a victim in what is yet, another horrible thing that happens in this rapidly declining world! may everybody hope for justice in this case.

Mmm ...this surely sounds a fishy story about this man's guilt and as pointed out ...he ain't convicted yet. Be nice to see the outcome of this as everytime something like this comes up concerning farang teachers, the heat is turned up by the authorities, which in turn affects all farang teachers here (remember the Silom teacher incident around 2 to 4 years ago in which he was proven to be a nutbag confessing to a murder that he didn't actually commit; not a murderer).

Yup I agree with the many here that if he is guilty then I hope hope he does serious bird, but if he is not guilty (and he could possibly be so) then the guys life has been wrecked here in Thailand and maybe beyond, by having his picture plastered on this site and just the accusations alone will always give others suspicion about him; IMHO ...not fair for him before going to court eh.

Me thinks the MOE and their 'penpushers' will be busy of finding more new ways to make it a pain in the arse to renew yer TL and WP ... and i'm up for it next month :)

P.S. It'd be nice to hear some more opinon from the likes of 'Thaifry' etc. as to what they personally reckon about this situation. C'mon give us some insight as this just ain't a 'clearcut' story.

There has been a lot of research to testimony of children. Children are reliable witnesses and can distinguish between real and fantasy. There is however 1 thing that needs to be taken into consideration. Children can easily be influenced by what they think the person questioning him wants to hear. The way children are interviewed is extremely important. One must take care as to not to lead a child, once that happens the testimony becomes unreliable.

Example are there more than enough of incest cases being found out not true, all because the therapist started to ask questions about repressed memories and leading the client into believing something that ever happened.

That's right. Kids up to seven years learn seven times faster than an adult, so does the memory. But as you mentioned, they can be influenced and present it as given, since they are in a taking in stage of their life, or forming a character.

In case P Gazette goes into denial, images.google.com has caught the image to the article http://images.google.com/images?um=1&h...966&ndsp=21

Mmm, the plot thickens. Why would the Phuket Gazette remove this article from thier own website? Do they now have the realisation that maybe it's not fair to produce such an article before a trial in a court of law/ or they are completely wrong and botched their story ... Mmmmmmmm :)

Edited by YouYouYou

I am no medical expert but surely any abuse to certain regions of a 4 year old child will be visible (assuming the assault is based on a certain part of the body)

I hope for his sake he is innocent, but even so with his name and photo displayed for the world to see he could have a hard future.

More than half the teachers were asked to leave last year because a new director came in and felt that a lot of the teachers werent qualified enough. He was one of that group. It had nothing to do with these allegations. The unfair dismissal claim had absolutely nothing to do with this.

A few things that need to be kept in mind. A billionaire started this school. There is a lot of money to be made if the school is sued. There is a LOT more to this story that cannot be spoken about here. He was (and still is) a wonderful teacher and no one can believe that he would have done this. The saddest thing is, if this is just a spiteful attempt to cause problems, things like this stick forever.

People please dont assume guilt based on the arrest. Foreigners are often remanded because of fear that they will leave the country. Fingers crossed that the thai legal system lets justice prevail. Those of us that know all the facts doubt that any jury in Australia would find him guilty.

Wouldn’t be surprised if this was just another way to get what had the possibilities to be Phukets best private school and sport centre founded by a well liked foreign billionaire and Phuket resident out of the way forever. :)

Wouldn’t be surprised if this was just another way to get what had the possibilities to be Phukets best private school and sport centre founded by a well liked foreign billionaire and Phuket resident out of the way forever. :)

nah, Mr. Klaus Hebben a kind of hedge fund manager makes him beloved?

Elcent....

I do not have a good knowledge of the Thai system but I do have some knowledge of the Aussie system and a little thing called the sex offenders register which is public knowledge. I have not had recent dealings with this person but I did a few yrs ago during an arrest. My questions were how did he get into Thailand and out of Aust

Are you saying that the existance of the register is public knowledge, or the information on the register is public knowledge?

If there is a register that has information that is in the public domain, then there is no reason why you can't repeat (here) any information that is on that register.

Or newspaper reports etc. If you have had dealings, then you will know what to look for (dates etc). You have intimated that Clements has a history.... You really should elaborate.

Alot of people smell a rat around this story....here's another possibility to add to the pong. If a false accusation is to be made by the boy or his mother for whatever motivation, maybe to extort from the school, maybe to cover for an actual molester....wouldn't the accuser pick on someone that they think has left the country? He has not taught at the school this year....as far as the mother knows, he's gone.

(why cover for an actual molester? If the boy has been damaged by mum's brother (for example), she needs to keep her husband from knowing who did it, so blame someone who she thinks can't defend the accusation....possible.)

I doubt the boys in brown would have allowed his name and mug be plastered in public if there was any doubt that he was not guilty or at least had a track record. Hard to believe that a man like this gets to either 51 or is it 57 without arousing suspicions. I would think that perhaps the school removed him from his position for a related reason. If the school was negligent which seems likely they are equally guilty in my eyes of betraying the trust of the family and more importantly the child. I have to say that in the past 12 months there seems to be an influx of scum bags in the Chalong, Kata and Karon areas abusing young women. As the girls are working girls they dont report the crimes which allows the bast*rds to move about freely. That all said I have met quite a few teachers who claimed to have secured their qualifications on the internet.

So - do you live in Chalong, Kata, or Karon?

You speak for the BIB and girls who have not reported crimes - they only told you? Your vicous attack is more scary than the story.

I do not understand why the blood lusters cannot wait until the full story - hopefully with the truth - comes out.

I imagine the kid woluld have had at least some long tricky questioning by the authorities and kids dont hold up to well under interogation so their must have been a case that was at least beyond reasonable doubt to arrest the man, at least one would hope so

What has "beyond reasonable doubt" got to do with being arrested in Thailand.

follow one simple rule---never be alone with a child in a classroom or office and none of this would happen. I remember a 6 year old girl approaching my desk with her pants unbottoned. She wanted help buttoning them. She was sent to the nurse................

Mmm ...this surely sounds a fishy story about this man's guilt and as pointed out ...he ain't convicted yet. Be nice to see the outcome of this as everytime something like this comes up concerning farang teachers, the heat is turned up by the authorities, which in turn affects all farang teachers here (remember the Silom teacher incident around 2 to 4 years ago in which he was proven to be a nutbag confessing to a murder that he didn't actually commit; not a murderer).

Yup I agree with the many here that if he is guilty then I hope hope he does serious bird, but if he is not guilty (and he could possibly be so) then the guys life has been wrecked here in Thailand and maybe beyond, by having his picture plastered on this site and just the accusations alone will always give others suspicion about him; IMHO ...not fair for him before going to court eh.

Me thinks the MOE and their 'penpushers' will be busy of finding more new ways to make it a pain in the arse to renew yer TL and WP ... and i'm up for it next month :)

P.S. It'd be nice to hear some more opinon from the likes of 'Thaifry' etc. as to what they personally reckon about this situation. C'mon give us some insight as this just ain't a 'clearcut' story.

Actually, it was Sathorn, Bangkok Christian College, 2006.