BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
webfact

Australian Teacher Held For Sex Abuse In Phuket

How did he get into the country? How did he leave Aust? I know this guy and have had dealings with him in Aust and he is on a register. Ok not getting personal and say no more.......

22 yrs policing

I live in the San Sai area and most I speak with are very pro red but I must also say not pro thaskin. They loved what his party did for them in regards to education and health but do not support the man himself.

maybe this why you have nothing more to say?

What has support or non support for thaskin got to do with this man??? What has thai politics got to do with it??? That comment was views of thais on politics not my views. Still trying to put the 2 together pls help me thai politics and an aussie ped?????

OK, my fault saw it too late.

But one thing's interesting. You're accusing this man for something without giving details or your credentials. I do understand from your posts that you have worked in an University in a liaison office, but that doesn't prove your accusations.

What do you know of how the system works here?

Have you had contact with him lately?

What kind of screening process do these guys get before landing a teaching job in this country?

what sort of screening did the catholic priests ,

who were found giuilty of child sex abuse have ???.

three hail marie,s

and back to it ...

if guity ,, hang or crucify them ..

To say that something wasn't right in this case could have been anything. Most teachers who are fired in Thailand are fired for being lousy teachers, or for having attendence issues, or just being a lush. It is a big jump from "something not right" to being a child molester>

"It should be noted that Mr Clements was dismissed from the school in December 2009. There is absolutely no connection between his dismissal from the school and the criminal charge which he now faces.

They must have had some idea somethig was not right.

Edited by NTGuy

What happened to innocent until proven guilty? If he did it then nothing would be too horrible to do to him but so far we don't know!

charged for something that the kid could not supply information about the date of the offence and the kids 4.... what!!!!!

“It should be noted that Mr Clements was dismissed from the school in December 2009. There is absolutely no connection between his dismissal from the school and the criminal charge which he now faces.

They must have had some idea somethig was not right.

It was also said that at the same time more than 50% from their staff have been dismissed.

How did he get into the country? How did he leave Aust? I know this guy and have had dealings with him in Aust and he is on a register. Ok not getting personal and say no more.......

22 yrs policing

Moe town .

Thank you.

The first bit of circumstantial I have seen so far.

No smoke without fire.

Lets hope that the Thais get every bit of info from Aus.

It may just help them come to the right decision.

Elcent....

I do not have a good knowledge of the Thai system but I do have some knowledge of the Aussie system and a little thing called the sex offenders register which is public knowledge. I have not had recent dealings with this person but I did a few yrs ago during an arrest. My questions were how did he get into Thailand and out of Aust

What happened to innocent until proven guilty? If he did it then nothing would be too horrible to do to him but so far we don't know!

Interesting this is actually a farang legal concept popularised in Hollywood movies and drama. If you check Thai law I think you will find it doesn't rely on the same premise. Sometimes some farangs forget where they are that really this is not yet a developed country and is a completely different culture with a different legal and moral system. Know what you are saying but hmmm not the best place to be accused of this type of crime!!! :)

Why I'm concerned?

Well it happened to me quite some time ago when I got hijacked and kidnapped ended up in jail for an illegal gun which I took from the kidnappers after getting over their attempt to kill me, because the Mafia thought I was police first. I showed it to my Embassy, told them the story and I got arrested days later.

People were told that I have been moved when I was not. Local news reported on first page, headlines, that I committed suicide when I did not. I went through hel_l and I sensed that there was a cover up in the making.

A good local friend with highest connection managed to get me out then. Long story.

The vice counselor and a few liaison officers lost their job too.

come on guys / girls do you really think I am that stupid? This is the internet and I am not going to broadcast a persons prior convictions on here whilst he is still under investigation. Due you know how the law works? When the case is resolved maybe I will tell you more.

As for the troll thing, I simply asked a question how did he get into the country and out of Aust.....

Sorry won't be baited....

come on guys / girls do you really think I am that stupid? This is the internet and I am not going to broadcast a persons prior convictions on here whilst he is still under investigation. Due you know how the law works? When the case is resolved maybe I will tell you more.

As for the troll thing, I simply asked a question how did he get into the country and out of Aust.....

Sure you will tell us the sudden disappearance on P Gazette and the link from that school to it then too. :)

22 yrs policing

Moe town .

Thank you.

The first bit of circumstantial I have seen so far.

No smoke without fire.

Lets hope that the Thais get every bit of info from Aus.

It may just help them come to the right decision.

Great. Somebody on an anonymous forum says he knows something and so it must be true. Not saying it isn't, but come on. Hopefully the Aussie Embassy will be given the info, let them release it, if its true. The guy may be guilty, maybe not. Its not for us to decide, especially based on "evidence" given out on an internet forum.

Sure you will tell us the sudden disappearance on P Gazette and the link from that school to it then too. :D

No because I know nothing of it :) sorry still not working

i truly hope this is not founded, and if the boy was truly abused, my heart goes out to him and his family, but i am so tired of seeing this kind of thing going on the world. My best wishes go out to all who might be innocent, or having been a victim in what is yet, another horrible thing that happens in this rapidly declining world! may everybody hope for justice in this case.