BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
orang37

The Fate Of "left Behind" Half-thai, Half-farang Babies ?

Sawasdee Khrup, TV CM Friends,

A long time ago we wrote here of our (sad) observations of a young Thai woman, so hugely pregnant with the child of an older Dutch father, and we think we wrote later of what a charming whopper of a brown-haired, blue-eyed, (but with Thai shaped eyes) big fat roly-poly baby boy he turned out to be.

Believe we expressed our puzzlement as to why this quite powerful and attractive "strapping young farm girl," (not from Chiang Mai, but working in Chiang Mai) who was NOT working as a prostitute, but as a foot-massager, would be crazy enough to have unprotected sex with some old Dutch guy over fifty who disappeared the moment she became pregnant.

So now, near 18 months (?) after the birth of this prodigy, our thoughts turn to the future of this baby. Mainly the question : does he have any future outside Thailand.

Assuming the father is not locatable in Holland, will this baby ever have any legal right to apply for any form of Dutch citizenship ? We assume not, but are curious to ask your thoughts, anyway.

Is it possible there's some NGO that helps Thai women find absconded fathers in "socially advanced" countries in Europe ? We doubt it.

In this case we don't think the young woman herself has even thought of the possibility of trying to track down "daddy."

Meanwhile, we are happy to report, this super-baby is getting taken of by a very loving Thai extended family, and, while we see him rarely, remains a happy ever-curious prodigy. The son of the sister of the baby's mother, who's about seven, and a hyper-kinetic ball of moving energy, seems to be very protective of the baby and to really enjoying playing with him.

thanks, ~o:37;

> Assuming the father is not locatable in Holland, will this baby ever have any legal right to apply for any form of Dutch citizenship ?

Not unless he can be tracked down, DNA tests performed, etc. Would be hard to even pin-point the father.. if she did it once it's not unlikely she did it more often. My guess is that if it was feasibly to track him down she would have done so already. Babies don't appear overnight. Is she Thai by the way (ID card, etc.)?

Meanwhile, we are happy to report, this super-baby is getting taken of by a very loving Thai extended family, and, while we see him rarely, remains a happy ever-curious prodigy. The son of the sister of the baby's mother, who's about seven, and a hyper-kinetic ball of moving energy, seems to be very protective of the baby and to really enjoying playing with him.

And that is really the most encouraging thing I read so far today!!

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Not unless he can be tracked down, DNA tests performed, etc. Would be hard to even pin-point the father.. if she did it once it's not unlikely she did it more often. My guess is that if it was feasibly to track him down she would have done so already. Babies don't appear overnight. Is she Thai by the way (ID card, etc.)?

Sawasdee Khrup Khun Winnie the Khwai,

You are so right about "babies not appearing over-night" :) We had noticed that before, actually.

We realize that this is probably a "no hope" case, and that it's probably even foolish to think about it, but when we see that baby (with his now still under twenty years old, I believe, mother), he pulls on our heart-strings.

It makes us want to do something like finding a picture of the father, and paying for an ad in a major newspaper in Holland with the father's picture, and the baby's picture, with (translated into Dutch) : "did you forget something in Thailand ?"

This wasn't a short-time affair that produced the pregnancy, but the pregnancy definitely terminated the affiar, whatever it was. "Daddy" never called, never sent a letter, never sent a penny after "decamping."

In any case it's the mother's business to pursue something like this, and, while "smart," she's not highly educated. Obviously the mother chose to have the child, not to have an abortion, a choice we, of course, respect.

In spite of Orang's gloom who knows what wonderful future this child with his unique genes and super-jumbo body is going to grow up to ?

best, ~o:37;

Edited by orang37

At this year's Toy Ride, some of the kids from the orphanages/poor schools seemed to look rather... luuk-kreung. They seemed happy as clams to be pulling out their toys though!

The sad news is that, no, I am afraid, he will never be given any rights to the Netherlands.

UNLESS.... his biological father recognizes him as his son...

Had the same case some ten years ago, Dutch "father", French mother (a stewardess)....

He never ever admitted he could be the father, he always refused all DNA testing....the mother is taking care of her son alone.

And the Dutch guy.... well, I won't tell you what I think of him, but you may guess...

The sad news is that, no, I am afraid, he will never be given any rights to the Netherlands.

UNLESS.... his biological father recognizes him as his son...

Had the same case some ten years ago, Dutch "father", French mother (a stewardess)....

He never ever admitted he could be the father, he always refused all DNA testing....the mother is taking care of her son alone.

And the Dutch guy.... well, I won't tell you what I think of him, but you may guess...

You can go to court over that.. my French cousin was legally 'recognised' by Austrian father.. and dosh duly handed over.

----

There is a sweet - abandonded - loog krung out in San K area, the other kids call her 'kinock'

oh well, she will probably bag a rich Thai husband one day.

or..

lets not go there.

Edited by whiterussian

Surely the person who chooses to have the child should be the one who has to pay for it?

Nobody is forcing these ladies to conceive or give birth!

Contraception is free, a five-year implant is no bother at all.

Edited by sarahsbloke

A good many loog krung actually do well in Thai society, either through good looks or if the father sticks around for long enough, fluent English skills or just hrough being tenacious and battling against the odds. Tongchai 'Bird' McIntyre springs to mind as a second generation loog krung who made it to the top in the music business. Our very own Pim would be another successful 'loog krung' I'm sure old stagers here will know others. These kids are now recognised as full members of Thai society, whereas a generation or so ago they were treated as freaks at best. God willing, by the time my own loog krung son grows up, Thailand will have fully recognised that mixed race kids are a valuable asset and integral part of Thai society with a lot to contribute.

Surely the person who chooses to have the child should be the one who has to pay for it?

If it is FREE the lady was not informed of this. Where is it free.

The only bother would be the cash to pay for it, a bit hard when you only have enough to feed yourself with a handfull of rice and then share that as well.

However if he was to have had an op which he obviously can afford, it would stop him having kids all over the place and leaving these ladies in distress and who are not that well educated in these matters pregnant.

Who is at fault? HE IS. :)

A good many loog krung actually do well in Thai society, either through good looks or if the father sticks around for long enough, fluent English skills or just hrough being tenacious and battling against the odds. Tongchai 'Bird' McIntyre springs to mind as a second generation loog krung who made it to the top in the music business. Our very own Pim would be another successful 'loog krung' I'm sure old stagers here will know others. These kids are now recognised as full members of Thai society, whereas a generation or so ago they were treated as freaks at best. God willing, by the time my own loog krung son grows up, Thailand will have fully recognised that mixed race kids are a valuable asset and integral part of Thai society with a lot to contribute.

:) lets hope so

Condoms are free. Have been free for over a decade. Any government health station will issue you a couple boxes full if you just ask. :)

They're not the most refined examples of ultra-thin engineering, but they do however work. :D

Wait a few more years and the bars of Pattaya will be overflowing with Luk Kreung hostesses.. Once their dead beat Dad's run out of cash and have to head home.. Or worse the older Dad's pass away and the ex BG mother's family squander the inheritance..

Like has been said already in the past Luk Kreung kids were seen as unusual and a rare event.. But anyone walking around Carrefour or visiting a kindergarten here will see dozens of LK kids.. Seems that half the divorced population of Europe/US/Etc arrived here in the last 10 years and few bothered with contraception..Not all farangs are rich and not all provide a future for their kids.. Though I'm sure most of the Dad's love their offspring the fact that they are often in their 60's means their kid will most likely be fatherless by the time the child reaches it's teens..

The only bother would be the cash to pay for it, a bit hard when you only have enough to feed yourself with a handful of rice and then share that as well.

However if he was to have had an op which he obviously can afford, it would stop him having kids all over the place and leaving these ladies in distress and who are not that well-educated in these matters pregnant.

Who is at fault? HE IS. mad.gif

You can get the 5 year implant for free as well, most hospitals from the king will provide the service to a Thai lady.

Men don't have kids 'all over the place', but some women seek to trap men with a child and then use the man as an ATM.

It's about time feminists took responsibility for their actions and met their own financial obligations.

Wait a few more years and the bars of Pattaya will be overflowing with Luk Kreung hostesses..

Oh.. stop!!! :)

That'd be $*)#*@# AWESOME, but I'll believe it when I see it. :D

anyone walking around Carrefour or visiting a kindergarten here will see dozens of LK kids.. Seems that half the divorced population of Europe/US/Etc arrived here in the last 10 years and few bothered with contraception..Not all farangs are rich and not all provide a future for their kids.. Though I'm sure most of the Dad's love their offspring the fact that they are often in their 60's means their kid will most likely be fatherless by the time the child reaches it's teens..

True deadbeats are probably a minority though. So most LK kids at least won't be at a disadvantage compared to any other kids.

also no one can force a woman to have an abortion. 'conceiving' means two persons are involved and responsible. the (thai) mother takes her responsability by raising the child and paying for it. The bloody farang runs away and doesnot bother to share any responsability I would be happy to see these guys when they re-entry Thailand DNA-examined and obliged to pay there share in the costs of upbringing their child. Since Thai society is also paying (in terms of education, health etc) it would be fair when running away from paternal obiligations was considered to be a crime punishable by law. I do not see all Thai (women) as angels and all farang as sinners. But sadly enough there are far too many farang men who treat Thai citizens like shit and the above mentioned comment ishows for me the same mentality.