Fresh Water Fishing Comp Phuket

69690jay

:) Hello fellow fishermen,

just went out this afternoon to the Phuket Fishing Park and made arrangements to organize a fishing comp.

Once i have enough interest i will set the date.

500 Baht Entry fee includes buffet lunch.

All equipement included or bring your own. There are hook and bait restrictions.

Rawai Beach Fishing Club will sponsor the event and if the turn out is good we will do it every month.

Prizes will be according to attendance but do not worry there will be some excellent prizes.

Those of you who are interested please reply.

Tight lines and screaming reels

Jay

Hey what you doing up at the lake thought you were going out on Ocean Hunter Today???????????

See who can beat the 40KG Arapaima I caught out of there a year or so ago.

Tight Lines Good Idea the Fresh Water Stints especially when the Monsoons arrive.

The Stellas would prove effective there

McFarang

Hey Jay,

How are the numbers coming for the Fresh Water Comp I see Big Guy wont be back in Phuket for another Month I will be back 21st April.

I know that the Rawai Beach Fishing Club is having a big Party on Sat May 1st so will the Comp be after that? I will have to head back to Angola 16th April.

Cheers

Neill

RBFC

Just to keep everyone in the loop: I am busy with Songkran coming up, we have a big party at the fishing club on the 13th and may go north to visit mum for a week, so after Neill arrives on April 21st we can pick a date, good for me are one of these days; monday 26th, tuesday 27th, wednesday 28th. Or early May mid week.

Edited by 69690jay

Arrived back into phuket yesterday, unsure of when I fly out again so keep me posted on the fishing comp, I will try to get down to rawai on the 13th, first day of songkran so should be a terror for driving. let us know what time things are organised for.

Warren.

Arrived back into phuket yesterday, unsure of when I fly out again so keep me posted on the fishing comp, I will try to get down to rawai on the 13th, first day of songkran so should be a terror for driving. let us know what time things are organised for.

Warren.

we start songkran early morning in front of the Fishing Club, lots of fun all day long as it is the main drag on Rawai beach road, there will be some bbq ribs and chicken, to keep everyone some what sober.....

Warren.

we start songkran early morning in front of the Fishing Club, lots of fun all day long as it is the main drag on Rawai beach road, there will be some bbq ribs and chicken, to keep everyone some what sober.....

Have a good Sonkran although tinged with sadness and anger after watching the News in Bangkok unfold sad day and more to come I am afraid.

See you all on the 21st

Neill

President

Rawai Beach IGFA Fishing Club

(In Angola at the moment)

• 2 months later...

We never got it togther.....

For those who are still interested send me a private message and or leave details here when you can go. How about Wednesday July 14th or there abouts.

If there 6 + fishos interested we can put something on.

see pics of some action.

post-69690-087357600 1277629682_thumb.jp

post-69690-030887200 1277629786_thumb.jp

post-69690-006390500 1277629859_thumb.jp

post-69690-052297900 1277630116_thumb.jp

post-69690-014903900 1277630219_thumb.jp

post-69690-057790400 1277630314_thumb.jp

post-69690-020320400 1277630423_thumb.jp

Edited by 69690jay

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would not make this an Araprima comp on Sawai Lake

Only 1 left in it now.....sadly the other was deephooked a wk and half ago and died.

Yes and I think the reason for it dyeing is because Farang who are fishing for it leave the rods unattended, I was there recently and saw a man fishing then dissaperaing for over an hour leaving the rods in the water, no wonder it was deep hooked and susequently died.

The so called guiding at this lake is poor to say the least....