Good Schools In Isaan

aletta

I know that there are some schools of distinction in Bangkok,Korat and Khon Kaen,but are there any further up in say Nong Khai and Udon Thani.

Are we talking private as being the only choice or are there any state schools of merit.(Nong Khai specifically)

I know that there are some schools of distinction in Bangkok,Korat and Khon Kaen,but are there any further up in say Nong Khai and Udon Thani.

Are we talking private as being the only choice or are there any state schools of merit.(Nong Khai specifically)

Yes there are several in Udon. Somtimes they are very hard to get into because class sizes are controlled.

Don Boscoe, is supposed to be the best.

St Mary's for girls.

And I believe there are others.

Several Univeresities and trade schools are located here as well.

Cheers Ray.

I see there are not many people in the area with children to educate.

I am sponsoring a couple of relatives through school and even though they are not mine i would like to give them a decent education for a good start in life.

Cheers Ray.

I see there are not many people in the area with children to educate.

I am sponsoring a couple of relatives through school and even though they are not mine i would like to give them a decent education for a good start in life.

The only resaon I know about the school here is beecause of the friends that I have who do have children. Isn't there a University in Ning Kia on the same road as immigrations, seems like I remember one there, but it's been awhile since I was there.

I'll P.M. with a contact who might be able to help you in your search nice lady.

Ray,i seem to remember reading that you are sponsoring a relative through school,is that in Udon and if so what is the school like?

I've seen many state schools now over the years and not impressed.My first conversation i had with a Thai English teacher and i did not have a clue what he was saying. :o Then i knew something was not right.

Ray,i seem to remember reading that you are sponsoring a relative through school,is that in Udon and if so what is the school like?

I've seen many state schools now over the years and not impressed.My first conversation i had with a Thai English teacher and i did not have a clue what he was saying. :o Then i knew something was not right.

No just friends who have children in private schools here and are happy with what they have.

• 3 months later...
Hi - I would appreciate also the names of any Isaan schools as I need to go north to teach.  I am TEFL qualified, experienced and have a B.A... No not a bad attitude  :o

Udon, Don Basco, St Mary's, Ratchapat University those are the ones that come to mind at the moment including many more that I don't know the names of.

The best school in Udon,kindergarden,primary and secondary level,is the Don Bosco,the most expensive too,of course.They tell me it's not easy to enroll besause they have a waiting list of three years old children!

Two other private schools are St.Mary(not only for girls anymore) and Marie Pithak,both have catholic nuns.

The former Rajabhat Institute(college)has now the status of University,but teachers,programs,etc. are the same as before.

The University in Khon Kaen has a good reputation amongst Thais,the brightest children in Udon try to go there to study.

The level of english teaching in every school in Udon is appalling!

Good luck. :o

the answer is short...no !! look at the average education level of young peolpe in and around Surin for example ... :o

Aletta, your last few posts seem to indicate that you are looking for a school with decent English instruction...you might try FGCC (First Global Community College) in Nong Khai in the old provincial hall.....they may have shortcomings but they do have all native English speaking teachers (well....mostly all) and my experience is that a motivated student will learn to speak English fairly well there.....but other aspects of their program are probably not up to your expectation....also, they are not expensive. Also, in Phon Pisai there is some kind of emerging computer classes taught by traveling foreigners....I think the organization is called Travel to Teach....have you heard of them? Chownah

Hi - I would appreciate also the names of any Isaan schools as I need to go north to teach.  I am TEFL qualified, experienced and have a B.A... No not a bad attitude  :o

Irish, if it is of any use to you there is an all girls school (THAI) in Udornthani. Approx 3,900 girls there, mainly 90% ISSAN. The name of the school is SATREERACHINUTID SCHOOL, Sri Suk Road. Don't ask me what the phone number is as I have lost it. I believe there is an English guy teaching English there now, according to my Thai gf. Give it a go, nothing to lose. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...