Bringing A Sex Toy In To Thailand....

Longbow212

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are they illegal here? I knew they aren't easy to get here, but I had no idea that they might be illegal!

Oops. I brought multiple sex toys (including a vibrator) into Thailand last year. I had it in my checked baggage, and no one mentioned it. And yes, no batteries is a great recommendation!

I'm curious to hear if anyone else has had any experiences with this, as I was planning to bring another one or two back this year. Don't know if I want to do it if it's illegal, though. :)

Edited by tonititan

My understanding is such things are technically illegal in Thailand, hence their absence from the mainstream stores... And their presence in some shops in Chinatown and elsewhere usually is on the sly....like any number of other things around these parts...

That said, I'm not sure what the customs folks would do if they were to uncover one (or more) in passenger baggage coming into the BKK Airport... Probably confiscate and give as a gift to their favorite mia noi...]

My understanding is such things are technically illegal in Thailand, hence their absence from the mainstream stores... And their presence in some shops in Chinatown and elsewhere usually is on the sly....like any number of other things around these parts...

Any idea if it's "technically illegal" only to purchase them here, or to possess them here as well?

No need to bring one as they are sold here

I don't think I'd trust the quality of vibrators sold in Chinatown. :) I'd rather buy from home.

From Thai custom website: http://www.customs.go.th/Customs-Eng/Trave...?menuNme=Travel

2. Prohibited items

They are goods for which either the import into or export out of the Kingdom is prohibited, e.g.,

Narcotics

Obscene items, and publications

Counterfeit goods and pirated items

Counterfeit notes and coins

Protected wild lives

Violators of laws related to illicit drugs, .e.g., having and holding for use, or being a producer, seller, or transporter are subject to the death sentence.

From Thai custom website: http://www.customs.go.th/Customs-Eng/Trave...?menuNme=Travel

2. Prohibited items

They are goods for which either the import into or export out of the Kingdom is prohibited, e.g.,

Narcotics

Protected wild lives

Violators of laws related to illicit drugs, .e.g., having and holding for use, or being a producer, seller, or transporter are subject to the death sentence.

Is a vibrator an "obscene item"?

2. Prohibited items

Narcotics

Protected wild lives

Is a vibrator an "obscene item"?

Good question. I wonder if there is an actual definition of "obscene items" anywhere, or if it's just up the judgment of individual police/customs officers. Anyone have more info?

Also, I know that there probably isn't an answer for this question, but I'm still wondering - would it make a difference if it's a man or a woman bringing the item into the country for personal use? I don't mean it would affect whether it's an "obscene" and therefore illegal item, but perhaps it may affect what is done about it. I can't imagine the customs guys looking a woman in the eye and telling her she can't bring her vibrator into the country. :) Who knows, maybe it would be opposite though.

If she needs her pleasures to come from a nine vault battery then what's wrong with you? :)

Seriously my friend. The chances of you being stopped/searched at customs are so minimal that it is not worth worrying about.

Take the batteries out. Put it in your main luggage not your hand bag.

I really think they have bigger fish to catch than a vibrator smuggler.

If she needs her pleasures to come from a nine vault battery then what's wrong with you? :)

Seriously my friend. The chances of you being stopped/searched at customs are so minimal that it is not worth worrying about.

I think you should ask this question on the ladies forum. You are in need of some serious education.

Isn't this a country that actually worships Phallic symbols on some occasions with statues and statuettes? Given that it seems that a generic vibrator could hardly be classed as obscene in it's given form and yet even a vibrator representing a Phallus in such a case is still not considered obscene... It seems to be like most things here and it is left open to interpretation by the immediate powers that be..

No need to bring one as they are sold here

I don't think I'd trust the quality of vibrators sold in Chinatown. :D I'd rather buy from home.

You're kidding right??? Whether you bought it at home or not it was probably made in China anyway... :):D Besides never known any battery powered vibrator to do serious harm to the owner...

^^ No I don't...Phallic symbols of Thailand Some reading material for you..

This is especially funny, and I'm not going to touch this

The provincial flower is the Golden Shower Tree (Cassia fistula), and the provincial tree is
I couldn't make this up!!
Wat Chedi Luang (วัดเจดีย์หลวง) This ancient community still shows numerous traces of mounds, ponds, stones from a sanctuary, statue bases, and phallic symbols.
Edited by WarpSpeed

Isn't this a country that actually worships Phallic symbols on some occasions with statues and statuettes? Given that it seems that a generic vibrator could hardly be classed as obscene in it's given form and yet even a vibrator representing a Phallus in such a case is still not considered obscene... It seems to be like most things here and it is left open to interpretation by the immediate powers that be..

Warpy, you are comparing 'now' with 'then'...two very different periods in time:

Khao Kha Archaeological Site (แหล่งโบราณคดีเขาคา) Khao Kha is a sacred religious place of the Saiwanikai sect which worships Shiva as its highest god. Many artifacts used in rites have been found here including phallic symbols, holy water pipes, ruins, and an ancient pond.
Wat Chedi Luang (วัดเจดีย์หลวง) This ancient community still shows numerous traces of mounds, ponds, stones from a sanctuary, statue bases, and phallic symbols.
Wat Nantharam (วัดนันทาราม) used to be called Wat Tai and currently houses Luang Pho Phut, a red sandstone Buddha image from the Ayutthaya period. In addition, the temple houses a giant phallic symbol found at Khao Kha archaeological site and is believed to be around 1,200 years old and from the 12th-14th Buddhist century.

Your comparison is not really a comparison since modern Thais seem to have taken a 'moralistic stance' against many things sexual.

There is absolutely no point in risking smuggling sex toys into Thailand. Customs officials are a law unto themselves and will probably invent a big 'fine'.

All variety of the said toys can be bought illegally within Thailand at erotic lingerie shops or markets. They won't be on display but are available 'under-the-counter'.

2 Nights ago i put a Big Green one in a Girl in Pattaya opposite the Angel Witch! Also didn't use a Glass for my Beer if you understand what i mean. :D

Ooooopssss... Is this allowed to post here???? :)

:D

Edited by Lammbock

Warpy, you are comparing 'now' with 'then'...two very different periods in time:

Your comparison is not really a comparison since modern Thais seem to have taken a 'moralistic stance' against many things sexual.

Yeah your all knowing.... :D:D So by your understanding and definition they no longer worship Buddha either?? :)

And just take a walk down "walking street" in Pattaya and see how morally indignant and progressive they are..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Warpy, from the 'discussion' you & transam had, I really don't feel like playing with you. As I previously said, your debating skills are woeful. Just look at what you are now saying, which is that worshipping Buddha is also worshipping phallic symbols.

You really ought to read what you post, before posting.

Edited by elkangorito

I think you should ask this question on the ladies forum. You are in need of some serious education.

IS that so? You are a wise individual it seems. Self proclaimed, but wise.