Ayutthaya

bino

It looks like I might be having to spend a fair amount of time in Ayutthaya over the next few months while our company sets up a new operation there. I've been up there today and had a look around, and it seems ok in a small town kinda way.

I'm wondering if any TV members have ever spent any time there, and can offer me any insight...

Hotels- which are decent / clean and good value.

Restaurants- Western / International fare for when I've had enough Thai food and wanting something else.

Bars- Nice place for unwinding to a cold one!

Entertainment / Diversions- anything interesting or worthwhile in the area.

Apartments- If there are any reasonable / comfortable furnished places to stay that will offer month to month or short term lease- to save the cost of hotel and be able to feel a little bit more "at home".

Any recommendations / advice / insight greatly appreciated! :o

I'm wondering if any TV members have ever spent any time there, and can offer me any insight...

Almost this exact same question came up around 6 or 7 months ago IIRC and there were many responses. It may be easier to just do a search for something with Ayutthaya in the title.

Almost this exact same question came up around 6 or 7 months ago IIRC and there were many responses. It may be easier to just do a search for something with Ayutthaya in the title.

I did find the excellent thread with replies from Professor Fart and Kan Win after posting this. (Story of my life.) :o

Perhaps anyone has more current / latest info or something to add?

Hotel - I don't know if anybody else mentioned in the other thread, but Krungsri River Hotel looked clean and cozy and the food quite OK (thought I can only speak for the Chinese restaurant there). I'm sure they serve western menu too.

Bars - There are some along the street full of guest houses, I think it was Narasuan Rd., not far from the historical park.

Apartment - A Japanese real estate agency based in BKK built an apartment for long and short term lease aimed at Japanese businessmen working in the Rojana Industrial Park. I forgot which agent it was but I can look it up for you if you want (and if you don't mind living with Japanese around). It's either inside or near the Rojana Industrial Park.

Edited by Nordlys

I lived in Ayutthaya for two years - leaving in 2003. It is a pretty quiet place. If you are looking for expat info head for a guest house called Sherwood house (or 'MM' - old name) and speak to Steve (British) who has run it for a few years, he knows what is going on and speaks good Thai. A lot of other expats hang out there, and like a lot of thailand some of them are a bit odd! The moon cafe bar on the popular guest house street used to be popular despite the total arrogance of the owner! Sai tong restaurant on the river is one of the best places i have found to eat in the whole of Thailand.

Hope this is of help!

• 4 months later...
It looks like I might be having to spend a fair amount of time in Ayutthaya over the next few months while our company sets up a new operation there. I've been up there today and had a look around, and it seems ok in a small town kinda way.

Hotels- which are decent / clean and good value.

Restaurants- Western / International fare for when I've had enough Thai food and wanting something else.

Bars- Nice place for unwinding to a cold one!

Entertainment / Diversions- anything interesting or worthwhile in the area.

Apartments- If there are any reasonable / comfortable furnished places to stay that will offer month to month or short term lease- to save the cost of hotel and be able to feel a little bit more "at home".

Any recommendations / advice / insight greatly appreciated!  :o

LUXURY HOUSE FOR RENT in AYUTTHAYA THAILAND

I hope you are still working in Ayutthaya. I do have a nice house with verry nice garden for rent per day / week / month if you wish with maid and gardener., very comfortable and reasonable., next to U-THONG INN HOTEL. I was born in Ayutthaya but have been living in France so the house is vacant...if you or anyone eles are intereste please contact me at [email protected] or visit my website at ayutthaya-house.com. for detail and photos. Reception with full Thai hospitality....

à trés bientôt .....