Mrs. Balbir's Opens At Robinson Food Court(asoke)

mauiguy90

Had a nice Indian set meal at Mrs. Balbir's food stall at the Robinson Food Court(Top's Asoke). They sell veggie sets for 100 baht and non veggie sets for 120 baht. Non veggie set included naan, butter chicken, dahl, a dish made with Indian cheese, rice and another dish. It was quite good and although not huge servings, filled me up nicely. It was a bit spicy so make sure you have lots of water. Best price for real Indian food I've seen in Bkk!

Edited by mauiguy90

Pretty good value/good food,

But what is the deal with the buttered nan that comes with it? I mean it's half oil already. dousing it in ghee or butter and then basically frying it and then brushing on more butter is too much for me......but I guess that's what folks like!

the man that ran the corner shop where I lived in Derby was called Balbir...he was a sikh and very handsome...but his wife was the most beautiful woman in the neighborhood; she was awkward with this knowledge and didn't go out much...I was much older than her and stammered when in her presence; I couldn't believe that such a beautiful woman existed, at least not in our corner of the East Midlands...

a friend from London came up and we went to get fags...when we left the shop he looked at me meaningfully and just went 'whew'...