60-year-old Irish Man Found Dead In Khon Kaen

webfact

60-year-old Irish man found dead in Khon Kaen

KHON KAEN - A 60-year-old Irish man was found dead in a rented room in this northeastern province Monday.

Police said the bloated body of Alan Byrne was found in a rented room on the second floor of Iam Inn dorm in Chum Pae district at 10 am.

Police believe the man died five days ago. His body was sent to the Srinakharin Hospital for an autopsy.

The man rented the room since January 27.

The video record of the security camera showed the man walking into the dorm on March 24 without and without leaving again.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-03-29

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

R.I.P Al,

Had a couple of beers with him a few days before. Funny little bloke :)

No security guards there, Al was the sort of guy who wouldn't show up for a few days at a time. Last seen celebrating his 60th birthday with a few buddies and apparently died that night after returning home as much as anyone can tell.

Hope you finish your book upstairs pal.

He is a security guard, not a social worker.

bizarre comment :)

A sarcastic comment was made about why the security guard had not checked up on this person. I simply stated the fact that security guards are expected to secure the premises not worry about individual guests and their movements. It has since been noted that the apartment in question doesn't even have any security guards.

Nothing bizarre about it at all.

He is a security guard, not a social worker.

bizarre comment :)

A sarcastic comment was made about why the security guard had not checked up on this person. I simply stated the fact that security guards are expected to secure the premises not worry about individual guests and their movements. It has since been noted that the apartment in question doesn't even have any security guards.

Nothing bizarre about it at all.

I got what you meant

I stumbled upon this topic by accident and it seems strange for that people would debate it and even make some silly comments on it without knowing the facts. Anyway if anyone has or wants to share any information with me about Alan they are quite welcome to get in touch..

I stumbled upon this topic by accident and it seems strange for that people would debate it and even make some silly comments on it without knowing the facts. Anyway if anyone has or wants to share any information with me about Alan they are quite welcome to get in touch..

My deepest sympathy to the entire family Bren. I was Alan's next door neighbour and was the one that raised the alrm by informing the landlord of not having seen Alan for a while coupled with the fact that by Monday there was a tench in my room which in fact was from his room. He was very strong the last time we chatted, no signs of any ailment. here is my e-mail address <email deleted as per forum rules>. Drop mem a line with your address so that I can brief u with the details. Take heart.

Jude

My deepest sympathy to the entire family Bren. I was Alan's next door neighbour and was the one that raised the alrm by informing the landlord of not having seen Alan for a while coupled with the fact that by Monday there was a tench in my room which in fact was from his room. He was very strong the last time we chatted, no signs of any ailment. here is my e-mail address [email protected]. Drop mem a line with your address so that I can brief u with the details. Take heart.

Jude

RIP Alan

• 2 weeks later...
did any of you guy's ever talk or meet him ,i think not

Whats your point??

Just a simple question ?,with no answere's.A old irish saying "They never buried a bad man" :)

Although I understand the sentiment, I have never heard it as an Irish saying.

Rest in Peace

for what i have read he was here writeing a book sad to here. rip watching the late late at the moment and Gerry Ryan dead at 54 we never know when it will come.

miss your avatar moss must call in to Finns corner and say hello to mossy.