[trip] Bangkok - Kalasin

singa-traz

Hi,

I'm planning a road trip from Bangkok to Kalasin with the kids (two boys around 10) for a few days after Songkran.

Yep, I'm ready to drive there to see the Dinosaurs and any other cultural attractions.

On the way, we might stop at Pimai.

Any recommendation for attraction/restaurant/accommodation around Kalasin or on the way from Bangkok.

I like for the family to have a good time and learn a few things along the way.

What's your recommendation (beside a few red t-shirts ...) ?

Thanks

Singa-traz

Can highly recommend the dinosaur museum, very well organized. For accommodation I recommend Rimpao Hotel in Kalasin. Their restaurant/coffee shop is very good (in my opinion) and the hotel has a large swimming pool. Furthermore the price is very reasonable. Have a nice trip.

Can highly recommend the dinosaur museum, very well organized. For accommodation I recommend Rimpao Hotel in Kalasin. Their restaurant/coffee shop is very good (in my opinion) and the hotel has a large swimming pool. Furthermore the price is very reasonable. Have a nice trip.

I will 2nd the statements above.... The Rim Pao Hotel is a bit old and worn, but still the best that Kalasin has to offer, and 10 year olds should Love the big Pool.... The City Park (and lake) is just a short walk from the hotel, a nice place to walk around and a decent restaurant that offers both Thai and Semi-Farang foods (Cafe Frozen)... And there is a nice little place that offers good Coffee Drinks, Smoothies and Ice Cream (Kalifare)....

Also a trip out to the Lam Pao Reservoir is a nice (in a Thai way) of spending an afternoon of eating, relaxing and watching the kids cool off in the water... You can rent swim tubes, and there are jet ski's that pull the Banana Boats around dumping all into the water on a regular basis...

Pianoman