Visa

...but as adults, we can make our own decisions about what is "responsible".  Thanks for your concern though.

Hawaii-Guy, apologies to intrude into this. Before I put me 20 Baht-'worse' in here, I checked your profile and realized you do live in Hawaii. Lovely place.

Now, the Dr., I am very sure, can explain himself, but what I really worried about the previous posting was the effect it might have onto somebody. You just cannot come and tell the whole world, or at least the members here, it is ok to overstay, "I did it and nobody caught me".

Yes, we are all adults in here, albeit I wonder sometimes, and that is the reason I believe the board should list the legal facts and leave it to the members to circumvent the law, if necessary.

Aloha (no joke) :o

Thank you for protecting us from considering the experiences/opinons of other members by censoring and deleting Nitro's remarks. Quite like the Thai Govt I'd say!

Would it be too much to ask to allow forum members to use their own judgement in reviewing the postings by others instead of leaving that burdensome task solely to you?

A two and a half year overstay is kinda over the top. It is better to delete such piffle lest it be misinterpreted by people on here. Burdensome tasks are what admins do.

It was the boast factor that mainly irked me Axel. No matter what your Aloha buddy thinks, we cannot have people on here giving such dangerous advice.

Dr. Pat Pong,

Have you read my last posting on page two of this thread? There was no boast. I was NOT advising others to overstay. (Holy deja vu, Batman! I swear we've been here before.) My point was that clearing up an overstay is straightforward; the authorities are not going to arrest you when you pay the fine at the airport.

Considering that you can be locked up and deported for being just one day over, doesn't it make sense to take care of your overstay and come back legal? How do you consider this "dangerous advice"?

Your concern to keep things responsible is justified. However, if you're not sure what a poster's intention is, you should give him the chance to clarify a statement before deleting him.

Well, Dr. PP, nobody "has to come here". We're just here to exchange and evaluate differing opinions. You may think of yourself as the final authority on these matters, but as adults, we can make our own decisions about what is "responsible". Thanks for your concern though.

Thank you "Hawaiiguy" for defending free speech (and common sense). This website/forum could really fill a niche. Unfortunately, much of the advice is of the "I-once-sat-next-to-a-guy-in-a-bar-who-had-a-friend-who-had-heard-of-a-guy..." variety. When someone like myself comes up with first-hand experience, we're deleted. What's the deal?

TWO AND A HALF YEARS OVERSTAY IS GROSS IRRESPONSIBILITY NITRO.

There's no counterargument for that one. Ouch!

But previous posters on this thread had asked if they would be blacklisted for max overstay, and what the maximum overstay is. My original post was meant to answer those questions.

The reason I had overstayed for so long was that I was under the mistaken impression that I would be blacklisted as soon as I paid the fine. I'm sure there are others who have similar worries and they've come here for answers.

Now they're "in the know". 'Twas all I intended.

Hi all,

I'm sorry I've caused this thread to become unpleasant. I left my job due to a Cockney a**wipe that was being racist to me for 14 months, I couldnt take it any more so the last time he was abusive to me I blew my lid and let it all out to him and walked out. Problem is, he was my head teacher and I couldnt do much about the bull that he gave me in his sly and crafty way. Anycase, I got peeeed off and quit, bad idea of course as seen as I hadnt got a new job lined up. So, I've finally got a new job, but I've overstayed about 18 days, I'm a bit scared to go to Poi Pet on Saturday but thats the plan, get it outta the way. I'm scared that they wont let me back now coz I've overstayed and its Poi Pet! So, I was thinking about another option a few weeks ago when I was breaking down " what about max overstay? can I do that and pay at the airport and get the f$*k outta here. I was panicking and still am, I would still like some advice about what would happen if I go to Poi Pet.....sorry if this thread has turned sour because of my situation, please, lets make up and somebody help me from panicking...!!!!!

:o

You can cross a border and simply pay 200 baht per day overstay fine. Overstaying to the maximum is not the way to go. It is way too risky, and unless jail and deportation appeals to you ( with a declaration of Persona Non Grata ) forget the idea. If you are now in overstay, it seems that you are without a visa as well. Working without the appropriate visa has bad outcomes too.

All sorted,

Got there and they told me to go and sit next to this woman who does the overstays, she calculated it, was very quiet and I paid, got the receipt and they let me go through. When coming back in, nothing was said and they stamped me another 30 day visa. So, its not worth the anxiety overstaying, trust me anyone who needs to sort it out, not knowing what may happen is the worst feeling, so follow what the advice the lads who have been giving GOOD advice and get it sorted!

Cheers guys.

:o