University Work --- How To?

I have a PhD in Science and Mathematics et al and would like to know what the forum thinks is the best way to get a lecturing job at a Thai uni. Is it best to simply approach the uni oneself or go through an agency or ?????? And whom to approach? faculty head etc?

thanks

gt

Sorry I can't offer any advice in your subject area.

However can I suggest that you read this thread:

"AVERAGE SALARY FOR UNIVERSITY TEACHING IN THAILAND"

It doesn't answer your specific question but there's a lot of info in this thread which is probably good background information.

Good luck.

I would like to add that you should look at university/program websites because there may be more job postings for foreign Ph.Ds than you think. When I was doing my job search last year I found two lecturer positions and one research position that fit my interests and expertise from university websites. In fact, I found my current position through my department's "employment opportunities" page. Best of luck!

Look at the universities website to find out if they have international programs. This usually means they offer degrees that are totally taught in English. Then see if those degrees relate to your training. Then contact the department head and let them know you are looking for work and ask if they have something avaliable.

At my university, lectures with a PhD can teach in either the undergrad or the graduate programs.

I hope you brought your transcripts with you to prove you have the skills you say you have. They will ask for that.

Good luck!