Humor At It's Best

Forethat

I read a post today that made me reconsider my decision to spend a couple of bucks on my deteriorated golf swing. Apparently, one of the members of this forum is also a golf pro. However, in addition to this he also a braggart that complains about grammar and the requirement of being a native English speaker.

Sadly, I may not qualify for a lesson with this linguistic phantom. I am not a native English speaker, I cant spell and I couldn't bother less.

Nevertheless, I have to give the man credit for the biggest laugh of the weekend; I mention that based on the fact that despite whining and moaning about MS Word spell checkers, he included a spelling error in his post, something that in my world qualifies as a pretty good sense of humor. Mind you, it's not often you get to hear an American set the standards when it comes to English language.

So, raise a glass everyone, you got to witness an occurrence (for those of you who doesn't know how to spell "occurrence", be sure to choose your teacher wisely on this forum... :) ) of linguistic acrobatics sprinkled with this level of humor and self distance.

PS.

ถ้านี้เป็นเว็บบอร์ดไทยเราไม่ควรเขียนในไทย

DS.

Edited by Forethat

a rai na?

Seconded.

Something about "If this was a Thai web board, we shouldn't write in Thai". Which is obviously a poor translation as it doesn't make sense.

Back to the original post, I read the closed thread about the English language and thought it made a lot of sense. Non-native speakers have no idea of the mental gymnastics native English speakers go through trying to decipher the nonsense written by both native and non-native English speakers who can't express themselves clearly.

As for the original poster, he has clearly had a much better education than a lot of the native English speakers on this forum.

Edited by JetsetBkk

a rai na?

This is about the senseless humor displayed by the author who rants about other peoples spelling and grammar, only to include a few errors of his own.

"If you cannot write English, correct English, literate English, then your ideas do not belong in an English language forum, period.

"And this is not about isolated occurances. It is the rule, not the exception. Even native English speakers often write and spell very poorly. Is it laziness? There is a spell-check feature. If you don't know how to write, then use MS Word, for crying out loud, and correct spelling and grammatical errors instead of dumping them in forums like you are writing on a bathroom stall partition."

I'd say there's every chance in the book the author in question ever rants about spelling here... :):D:D

Edited by Forethat

I must say if I was going to post about people's incorrect use of the English language or poor spelling I would cover my arse completely about my own post's accuracy before hitting that " Add Reply" button.

"And this is not about isolated occurances. It is the rule, not the exception. Even native English speakers often write and spell very poorly. Is it laziness? There is a spell-check feature. If you don't know how to write, then use MS Word, for crying out loud, and correct spelling and grammatical errors instead of dumping them in forums like you are writing on a bathroom stall partition."

Well apart from " occurances " it seems the poster is a big fan of superfluous commas.