3-magnitude Quake Hits Chiang Rai

webfact

3-magnitude quake hits Chiang Rai

CHIANG RAI: -- An earthquake with a magnitude of 3 on the Richter scale hit this northern province Monday morning, the Chiang Rai Meteorological Office reported.

Sompol Suprakarn, the director of the Chiang Rai Meteorological Office, said the quake with epicenter in Muang district happened at 6.45 am and lasted about 5 to 10 seconds.

He said most people in the province could feel the quake. Many people living on high buildings reportedly ran outside.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-04-05

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

I was awake (don´t know why :D ), I heard a noice and then a slow and short tremble in the bed, like a good fart :D !

My wife was up in the kitchen, she did not notice anything.

:):D:D

That's probably why I missed it, I was in the hong naam at that time.

My results of my current brown rice and broccoli diet would override any piddling 3 magnitude earthquake.

Lannaman was in the air on route for England. Sounds as if he got out just in time. One day there just could be a big one, we built our house with more than the recommended grade of steel just in case.

Suffering brass monkeys here! Up early with jet-lag

All I felt and heard was a rumble and a big bang which is very similar to the open pit blue metal mine near our home when they do a blast. I live in Hong Au about 7 klm from Chiangrai town centre. My wife who has lived here all her life said she has felt hundreds of small quakes here since she was born.