BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
Forethat

1 Week Old Car Ruined Outside Bangkok Golf Club

I have had two conversations with Bangkok Golf Club. They have checked with the people performing the work in the area in question (garden in direct relation to the entrance) and can confirm that no chemicals were used. Furthermore, they fail completely to accept any type of responsibility and say they are "sorry" for ruining a brand new car.

I would inform them you intend to make a formal claim - see what happens - in Thailand it is always the fault of the customer irst - but this attitude can change in the face of a mounting legal action ................. unless they have you killed!

If you told the insurance company you know where it happened (the golf course), then they might ask you to pursue the golf course management for compensation. I had the same problem with my car - our relatives dog took a liking to the rear mudflap and skirt on my car. We had to tell them it was some unidentified dog that did it - otherwise we were asked to pursue my relatives for compensation. Perhaps its best to say to your insurance company you don't know where the damage occured?

I wonder if the golf course uses recycled water (that may have salts or other waste) that is beneficial to growth of grass. My village does that when they water the grass around here - it smells sometimes so I assume the water is not all that clean. Would it be possible to sneak a sample of water from their sprinklers and get it tested?

"ruined the car completely"????

Seems to be just the paint. At least the rest of the car is still OK. Good luck getting a new paint job from the golf company or insurance company.

Edited by Paul123456

'T Cut' is what I used back in UK to restore car paint work.

I do not know if it's available in Thailand but would imagine so or a local equivalent.

john

Another poster made a great (and proper, in my opinion) suggestion:

Contact your insurance company and tell them what happened and let them photograph the car,

the damage, and then go after the people responsible.

I have AXA First Class insurance and they have been really good to me. I would not hesitate

to contact them if my car was damaged. Once I was having dinner and returned to my car

to find key scratches on all four doors and two other panels. (Apparently some drunk person

ran a key around the car). AXA told me to file a police report (which I did) and they paid

100% to have the car repainted. Great service!!

So, I also suggest to you, to be complete, file a police report. This makes it much easier

for your insurance company (or you) in the future. It is free and it is good to have a copy

of the report.

Good luck and keep smiling !

Edited by silkroadasia

To remove hard water spots on glass, Use 1 part vineger with 3 parts baking powder (sodium bicarbonate) mix into a paste and apply with a sponge then was off...does work...

Even if it is resprayed by the insurance company the quality of the finish will be nowhere near that of the original paint from the factory, especially in black. I would insist that it is at least painted by the Mitsubishi dealer - don't let them outsource it to a private contractor.

Cheers