Where Is The Best Dorado Fishing In Thailand?

tuffy

Where have you had the best luck fishing for Dorado? I recently got back from a fishing trip and now am hooked on Dorado and would like some suggestions on the best plaxces to catch more of these. Any suggestions or advise will be greatly appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

Managed to catch a good few on the 16th. Fairly average day if dorado are the target, although when the water is dirty in oct-december it can be much harder. Heres a pic of a part of our haul for that day.

Agree about the eating qualities. My favourite for fish n chips. Needs to be kept cool after catching it, Ive noticed some fish left out for a few hours have totally changed meat.

Wish we could get some of the big ones like they get in the Andaman.

post-13458-1271675669_thumb.jpg

• 11 months later...

Am new to the forum, and also just setting up in Koh Samui-nakhon area. I have fished for Droado in the Gulf coast of the US and know the methods there. Primary opportunity was usually under a weedline. These tend to build up where two different currents meet, one of cooler water than the other. When the opposing currents meet, one goes under the other, trapping weeds and trash along a lint. I think the shade is part of the draw for the dorado, as well as the water temperature change that tends to hold more bait.

Also had luck behind shrimpers cleaning there nets, but am not sure how that works here.

I will be bringing in a 28 foot power cat and plan to learn a lot more about the offshore fishing opportunities between Kho Tao and Nakhorn Si Tamarat?? as soon as I can, as well as further offshore to the rigs that are in the G of T.