Quiet Places At Bkk ?

AsiaWolfie

JOKERS AND NONSENSE-POSTERS BEWARE....THANK YOU.....TERIMA KASIH......MERCI......DANKE.......KHOP KHOON KRAB......

are there any quiet places to find at BKK ? I still didnt find.....sometimes I need to write some letters in complicated cases and really need a quiet area to sit and relax and concentrate on what I am doing.....cannot do that at home as I am kinda "hyperactive" :o and will not be able to concentrate on my duty....I rather head to the COMP and check THAIVISA for.ex.

so, I was looking for a nice Cafe, Park, or whatever place, for that.....but still didnt find.....everywhere its noisy, crowded a.s.o. too many people everywhere.....

I rather would prefer a nice Cafe where there is 1) no music 2) no TV 3) no screaming kids 4) no yelling stuff.....ermmmm......yes a cemetary might be okay, I know...but then I am sure not even this is a silent area in Thailand....the ghosts may show up and ask "u want massaggggeeeeeee ?" or "you need T-shirt?" or something like that

any recommendations for such a VERY QUIET PLACE ? not too far from downtown ? Lumpinee in the late morning before lunch break ? or maybe I have to go to the mountains of Mae Hong Son.....

Last time I was in BKK, my wife and I went to the park at Chatuchak. You can exit the Subway right into the park.

It was nice for an hour walking around, even went on the lake in one of the peddalos shaped like a swan.

It was peaceful, even with the dull roar of the traffic in the background.

But apparently you shouldn't accept drinks from strangers (so the sign said). :o

totster :D

Restaurant/Cafe in Panthip Court (upscale serviced apartment) in Sathorn soi 1 (Soi JUSMAG).

Occasional live piano performance but very quiet and relaxing (and not expensive). Every time I go I end up spending 2 - 3 hours there.

hmmmm......some interesting hints.....will check those places soon....but defenitely NOT Chatuchak....I lived 2 km from there until 2 weeks ago, and Chatuchak park is exactly the CONTRARY from a quiet, peaceful place.....its a tpypical noisy Bangkok place I want to avoid......

Oh, and the Dusit Zoo away from the main zoo area is pretty quiet as can be corners of Lumpini Park.

Chulalongkorn University also has nice quiet areas during the evening and even during the day but you can get students who want to chat coming over.

If you have a serious amount to do and really need a break from BKK, hop on a train or bus to Ayutthya. There have been times when I have been so Bangkoked out that just by arriving in Ayutthya was a tonic in itself. A day or two in the peace and quiet there can do wonders for the soul!

NOISE pollution always was and is and will be my no1 bkk problem. I do very well understand your question as I CANNOT concentrate on my work if any kinda noise is close (btw, you forgot to mention traffic noise, esp. tuk-tuk). I am back europe at the moment and incredibly enjoying the silence here. Regarding silence in bkk the only place i agree so far is...Dusit Zoo (not on weekend though). Whenever you have found even more silent places ... PM appreciated!!! Good luck.

You can't beat the coffee shop in the Landmark, great air con, quiet, free high bandwidth hot-zone,

I've occasionally turned it into a little business office and never once got anything thing but a smile and my coffee cup refilled, great place and accessible. :o