george

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Red-shirts Declare War against Govt

BANGKOK: -- The red-shirt group has declared war against the government after a state of emergency was announced.

It encouraged supporters nationwide to lay siege to provincial town halls.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2010-04-07

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

However, this endeavor has not been successful. The rally has led to a violation of the law and the Constitution and has caused great inconvenience for the people, the economy, and foreign confidence in Thailand.

Nothing like the county's prime minister painting a picture to the newsrooms and lowering foreign confidence even further ...

Richard

I think if nothing else, if Anupong doesn't act, a lot of people who had no idea at all will start to realise that in reality the PM is not actually running the army.

That in itself will be quite an eye opener for a lot of people and will cause quite a bit of head scratching.

It's about time! Totally justified for all the world to see.

A message to the good people of Thailand.

I can tell you with confidence the vast majority of foreigners support your honorable PM Abhisit in his valiant effort to fight anarchic red shirt's illegal attempt at revolution and the rule of a violent mob. Good luck to and best hopes for a PEACEFUL resolution.

And how would you know"the vast majority" of foreigners support Abbisit? And with confidence? Have you personally polled all foreigners living in thailand? What a dumb post that is

However, this endeavor has not been successful. The rally has led to a violation of the law and the Constitution and has caused great inconvenience for the people, the economy, and foreign confidence in Thailand.

Nothing like the county's prime minister painting a picture to the newsrooms and lowering foreign confidence even further ...

Richard

It had to be said. The views or opinions of the Falang rarely count for a jot but, there is an impact on the external view from this protest. Some rural Thais are concerned by Thailand's overseas image - many are not.

Red-shirts Declare War against Govt

BANGKOK: -- The red-shirt group has declared war against the government after a state of emergency was announced.

It encouraged supporters nationwide to lay siege to provincial town halls.

The Red shirt leaders are really proving that they are out of their minds, by making statements like this.

Cheers, Rick

>>>Action ! >>> :)

As I expected. But you can bet your last dime that the three stooges will not be leading the charge like Teddy Roosevelt did at San-Jaun hill. They will be directing the sheep to slaughter from the confines of their five star hotel suite.

I can tell you with confidence the vast majority of foreigners support your honorable PM Abhisit in his valiant effort to fight anarchic red shirt's illegal attempt at revolution and the rule of a violent mob. Good luck to and best hopes for a PEACEFUL resolution.

What do you consider "the vast Majority of foreigners" ? I guess you think people sould not have a say in how their country is run. Why don't you go back to ................ what ever country you are from.

Given that we're foreigners and guests of Thailand, I don't think we support anyone. Hypothetically though, if the military took over my elected home government, I'd probably protest too.

Mixed feelings. Just sent my wife to Nonthaburi but she's driving my new truck.

and WHY the mixed feelings? are u more scared for your truck or your wifie? :)

...hope they both return back unharmed and without any scratches

OMG. Is this civil war?

I need to fly out asap.

@ nuchanart HURRY,

tickets will get more expensive with Thaiairways from tomorrow :D :D :D

the yellows were much luckier with the state of emergency when they blocked the airports and the whole Bangkok city :D

Nothing like the country's prime minister painting a picture to the newsrooms and lowering foreign confidence even further ...

Richard

Gee! I guess taking over both airports and the government house were all legal? Constitutional?

so now u have taken up speaking for the vast majority of farang - well sunshine count me out of your vast majority - would u like to qoute what percentage u claim is the vast majority --- sounds like another yellow shirt supporter - illegal - what part is illegial - the illegal government in place or the reds who just claim equal justice and recognition -

What do you consider "the vast Majority of foreigners" ? I guess you think people sould not have a say in how their country is run. Why don't you go back to ................ what ever country you are from.

Based on MANY polls over many months here, the hub of foreigner in Thailand communication, there have been CONSISTENT results of about 2/3 being opposed to the red shirt revolutionaries, and 1/3 being in favor of the insurgents. Insurgent is the correct word. They have declared WAR.

Edited by Jingthing

I second this 100%

It is well overdue. Now I am still waiting to see if a curfew will be announced.

Yes it will hurt tourism but only for a short time.

opalhort

So what will be the difference?? The state of emergency was declared under really elected governments too. Soldiers did nothing. Anupong does not have the stomach to act now either. He has learned his lesson. He will not become the pawn in Suthep's and his bellboy Abhisit's game.

Declaration of a State of Emergency places full control in the hands of the Army, which theoretically is under the control of Defense Minister and Deputy PM Suthep Thuagsuban.

Essentially it clears the way for the government to use the means which it deems necessary to restore order. In practice, the gives the government the legal authority to do whatever it wants, in the name of the public interest.

Declaration of a State of Emergency does not necessarily mean that the tanks will "roll out", but instead means that the government has the legal authority to deploy them, if it feels that will be in the public interest.

Relative to the protests, I speculate that the government will try and clear the protest sites around Bangkok, forcibly, if the protesters refuse to leave voluntarily.

TAN Network: red-shirts announce war against govt after state of emergency announced; ask supporters nationwide to lay seige to provincial town halls

That is a specific announcement of civil war, obviously a foolish thing to say

if you don't have the troupes to carry it out. So are they planning hand to hand combat in the streets?

Obviously this makes it easier for the government to take stronger actions,

because the Reds have made the move to call it war. Civil war is never good,

no matter if it's a 3 day street battle or actual army factions fighting each other.

Sad business no matter how you slice it.

Chockdee Thailand. :)

Edited by animatic

The overwhelming majority of Thais should support the government in taking any action to restore order and furthermore the Police and Army need to do their job without their personal views influencing their actions otherwise Thailand and its economy will end up like other basket case countries in the world.

Richard

I think if nothing else, if Anupong doesn't act, a lot of people who had no idea at all will start to realise that in reality the PM is not actually running the army.

That in itself will be quite an eye opener for a lot of people and will cause quite a bit of head scratching.

Well the truth is the PM does not actually run the army - it's completely independent. One of the major problem's that Thailand has IMHO.

:)

Well, it looks like the fecal matter has impacted upon the rotating air displacement device.

Will, this be the "night of the APCs"?

Frankly, I have no idea.

If the state of emergency is declared and the Reds are NOT dispersed....the government will lose all credability.

If the army refuses to act...the show is over and the Reds have won.

All we can do is wait and see what happens.

:D

Edited by IMA_FARANG

Now it is done. Time to arrest all of their leadership as soon as possible. They have declared war. Enough of the sham that they were EVER a non-violent movement.

Let me ask this. Who has the guns? So I guess it will be a onesided war. The only people that will die will be these poor people in RED. Do any of you remember 1992????

In purely practical terms, what does this mean?

another piece of bla bla demonstrating that the actual Government and Abhisit in particular is scared to ENFORCE the law although he has every legal support on his side and furthermore the means to do so. If the red shirts continue to violate the law and the constitution, they should take the consequences as well: somnamna...

The immobility of the Government has taken long enough, bla bla is not working, reason and common sense even less: the red shirts WANT VIOLENCE. Give them what they want and proceed with governing this country... Abhisit: you have the law and the means and the support from the silent majority!

Or is it loyalty from your surrounding that frightens you?

Edited by dude007