A Sick Freind!

brianmarinus

Oh please get real!

First of all: I think about-he have to stamp-the latest is today-what happend if we dont do this fore him??

If you are a few days late you never will be fined and if you are, 500 per day and most of the times when longer than 3 days 2.000. And it is possible to get that stamp through somebody else as long as you have the original passport with you. Without a Fine!

Next: I was at the immigration office and make him a new one,which gives him permit to stay until June d.6.-

When were you at immigration? On april 6th? And if so, they stamp for THREE months! So till July 6th!

Please stop making up these stories. Again... get real.

There are more discrepancies in your story! Like Mumbo Jumbo already wrote, you can fool me once.... etc.

Edited by cmjantje

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And to those who might have problems similar the ones Brian is describing:

if you are a Scandinavian you are in nine out of ten cases insured to the extent

that also the SOS-service, repatriation, is included. In many cases a Scandinavian

doctor, most often a Swede, will come and pick you up.

Limbo :)

The information above about Scandinavians is totally wrong when it comes to expats living here. If you are a Scandinavian tourist you probably have an insurance that will take care of you. But for us living here if we would like an insurance that cover what you say that will cost us both arms and probably a leg each year.

I thought my estimates to be rather modest by mentioning '9 out of 10'.

I think that actually more than 90 % of the Scandinavians still live in Scandinavia

and if not, will at least be registered there.

I don't have to go into detail about the compulsary health insurance, as you

certainly know everything about it.

The reason that the SOS-service is part of the standard package (or otherwise part of

the related travel insurance) has been mentioned by Kandahar: nobody should be sick

away from family and friends. Certainly not when things get bad.

The company of family and friends is not only necessary to comfort the person who

is sick, it is also seen as a factor that contributes to recovery.

That's why every Scandinavian pays a little bit more each year to help those who

find themselves in this situation.

Scandinavians who are not living in Scandinavia, among these the diaspora of Trollhaettan,

where as we all know the trolls come from, might belong to the less than ten percent group.

Because this thread follows exactly the same pattern as the 'house-buying' thread,

I simply think that Brian is a troll. There are simply too many inconsistencies in his stories.

Like for instance the Danish Embassy telling him that the patient can't fly.

So they must be involved already, have been looking at the situation and came to their conclusion.

They are on stand by I suppose.

Dear Sven, why don't you visit the regional hospital today? If the patient indeed is a brain product

of Tove, then say hello to the British gentleman who had this very sad motorcycle accident ten days ago.

If the patient really exists and would for any reason be 'falling between two stools', then report on

it and we can see what can be done.

There are some who have announced to be willing to help, if help should be needed.

If this would be the case you can count on me as well, but so far I belong to those who think that Brian is a troll.

If not, he would be the perfect impersonation of it.

Do your best!

Limbo :D

Hi!

I am sorry if you realy think this is just something I send out fore fun.maby thinks look like s,but I am confused-I am not that god to write in English,and I am afraid fore my freind,and I am frustreted becourse I try evry thing and nothing goes the rigth way fore the moment.

This is maby why you think so-and I am sorry about that.

Eny one are welcome on the hospital to see things fore them self-and then I also can show the passport which is stamped until the 6. off June-and it was done in Mae sai yesterday.

I am sorry if I have make mistake but I am in a very pressed situation rigth now-realy hope you understand this.

Today they will do a litle operation on him to make some test of the cancer, I think.

Talk to his brothers wife eysterday-they can not come and help him home-and only complain about him and so-and they just ask me,to ask Carsten where he wont to be,when he is dead-so I stopped the conversatiom whit her.

Hope you understand all this is a very frusrating and pressed situation,rigth now.

Brian

PS!

Eny one-feel free to phone me or mail me if you have some questions about this.

tlf:0811820552

Oh please get real!

First of all: I think about-he have to stamp-the latest is today-what happend if we dont do this fore him??

If you are a few days late you never will be fined and if you are, 500 per day and most of the times when longer than 3 days 2.000. And it is possible to get that stamp through somebody else as long as you have the original passport with you. Without a Fine!

Next: I was at the immigration office and make him a new one,which gives him permit to stay until June d.6.-

When were you at immigration? On april 6th? And if so, they stamp for THREE months! So till July 6th!

Please stop making up these stories. Again... get real.

There are more discrepancies in your story! Like Mumbo Jumbo already wrote, you can fool me once.... etc.

Wow! There is some good news in this post. Apparently, all of the stories I have read of people being fined for being late at immigration were lies. Now I discover you will never be fined. NEVER!!! I guess I'll start taking my sweet time and going for my updates when it is convenient for me. Those "report by" dates just became meaningless with this new, valuable knowledge. Oh, and if you are fined (what happened to never?), then it is only an amount that is of no consequence to some people. And what is of no consequence to some people really ought to be of no consequence to EVERYONE.

If you had these quality answers concerning being late at immigration for this man, why did you not post them when he was asking originally? If you have questions as to the accuracy of this man's account of his friend's situation, why don't you go to the hospital and visit his friend? You know, it is just as easy in life to do something about your suspicions as it is to conclude that you are correct and then publicly hammer someone that you may well be wrong about. You can’t take back your deeds once you find that you were wrong.

Concerning the visas that require 400,00 and 800,00 baht, I'll say this. I know a dude that I see, unfortunately, every single day. While I have the type of visa that requires a good sum of money in the bank, he has a different type that requires him to have no money in the bank and to do periodic runs to the border for updating. He is from Europe and his visa was issued in his home country. There are many types of visas out there and what type one of us has isn't necessarily THE type to have. This guy I know doesn't have enough money to feed his family. He can't afford a bicycle. He can't afford his rent and it is cheap. He has a new baby to raise and there is no way he can do it without begging help from his people at home. If he broke a finger, he couldn't take care of the bill. He's an idiot. Those kinds of people are out there. It sounds like Brian's friend is a genius, compared to the dude I see and listen to every day. At least Brian's friend started out with some money.

I have to say, it is pretty easy to put someone down with the old keyboard. Usually, most of the posters refrain from that here. It seems to me that I remember this poster being so happy to get away from CM and coming to stay at CR because CR has nicer people. I seem to remember this poster writing about how the CR forum was populated by much nicer, more helpful people than the CM forum and writing about the CR forum NOT having the same bad people dominating it. It looks like someone has gotten settled in a nice routine here in Niceville and has started missing the hateful forum that he referenced in the past. It is still there, man. You can go visit it any time you like. No need to poison this one.

Brian has put himself out there for his fellow human in more ways than one. How many of us would give up several days and lots of baht to run back and forth to Mae Sai for this guy? How much time and baht has Brian given to trying to resolve the sick man's crisis? Does he deserve no credit for this? Does he deserve criticism for his actions? I don't think so. But if you're convinced that he does deserve this criticism, then you REALLY ought to jump on your motorcycle and go see the dude in the hospital and find out for yourself if the story is true. You need to KNOW that you are right before unleashing such an attack. I'm sure the sick guy would appreciate a visitor that has an interest in his story. Maybe the reality of his suffering and his situation would put all of this in perspective for you.

Someone else mentioned "beer fueled rants" on the ol' forum. I hate to accuse anyone of that and I'm not accusing anyone of that. But I certainly see from some of the posts that the possibility exists. That would account for some of posts that just don't seem to have any value or redeeming qualities whatsoever. I wonder if this quoted post is "beer fueled".

What Brian writes here is a representation of who he is. While English is not his first language, he understands that he runs the risk of leaving himself open to snipers who would choose to misinterpret his words or meanings. He has a good heart and disregards that risk to help another. He doesn't deserve to be called a liar. I am not following why anyone would see his postings first as a means to get attention for himself. Who has such a life experience that to pounce on errors in expressing one's self is a better way to go than to see the good that one is doing? I get the feeling that some have led an awful cushy life. Must be nice for them but I wouldn't trade my experiences for theirs. Scars are knowledge.

If you, or anyone else is in doubt about the truth of Brain's story, then you need to go verify it yourself/yourselves for it is you that is/are making accusations of the man being a liar. So easy to find out the truth if you have doubts but it requires getting off of your duff and being sober enough to drive and function in public. It is up to you to know for certain that you are correct before you show the rest of us just how lazy and hateful you can be.

I'm meeting Brain at the hospital at approximately 10:30 this morning. I'm not going because I want to verify his story. I'm going because I know he is a good person and I like meeting good people, wherever I go in the world. I'm also going to meet his friend, who I would like to wish, in person, good luck in getting home. Much better to offer a good wish now, one that the person can appreciate, than a RIP later. If anyone wants to join me, I'm easy to identify- I'll be wearing worn Levis, desert-style military boots, a green T-shirt, mirrored Ray Bans on my head and five days (at least, but I can't remember for sure) worth of beard stubble on my face.

I'm meeting Brain at the hospital at approximately 10:30 this morning. I'm not going because I want to verify his story. I'm going because I know he is a good person and I like meeting good people, wherever I go in the world. I'm also going to meet his friend, who I would like to wish, in person, good luck in getting home. Much better to offer a good wish now, one that the person can appreciate, than a RIP later. If anyone wants to join me, I'm easy to identify- I'll be wearing worn Levis, desert-style military boots, a green T-shirt, mirrored Ray Bans on my head and five days (at least, but I can't remember for sure) worth of beard stubble on my face.

Wish his friend the best from me. I know what it is like to lie there struggling for breath.

At least this forum has shown me who I want to meet when I move to CR , and who I do not. Hope to meet you soon kandahar.

Wish his friend the best from me. I know what it is like to lie there struggling for breath.

At least this forum has shown me who I want to meet when I move to CR , and who I do not. Hope to meet you soon kandahar.

Harry, I will extend your good wishes to the unfortunate fellow.

@ Kandahar:

" Wow! There is some good news in this post. Apparently, all of the stories I have read of people being fined for being late at immigration were lies. Now I discover you will never be fined. NEVER!!! I guess I'll start taking my sweet time and going for my updates when it is convenient for me. Those "report by" dates just became meaningless with this new, valuable knowledge. Oh, and if you are fined (what happened to never?), then it is only an amount that is of no consequence to some people. And what is of no consequence to some people really ought to be of no consequence to EVERYONE."

It would be really helpfull if you read my story, not look at it.

If anyone wants to join me, I'm easy to identify- I'll be wearing worn Levis, desert-style military boots, a green T-shirt, mirrored Ray Bans on my head and five days (at least, but I can't remember for sure) worth of beard stubble on my face.

Great Kandahar! I am sure you will be up to your task!

For those who want to back up Kandahar:

The hour is 10.30 gentlemen!

Concerning your little controversy with Jantje I just would like to say that Jantje clearly

got the impression that the patient has a 'year visum' (more precisely a yearly extension of a

non-immigrant visum), that only obliges to a notification of stay every three months and can be

extended every year.

You can do the notification the week before the specified date or until a week after.

So in that case a couple of days 'late' don't harm.

It is probably this kind of visum you have as well.

For this type of visum you have to prove that you finances are in order.

A multiple entry visum, valuable for one year, thus enabling a stay of roughly 15 months, is different.

You have to leave the country every three monts, before or on the day the embedded three months

visum expires. If you come later it's up to the discretion of the officer to decide if your reason for

doing so is valid, otherwise you get a fine.

These visa can not be extended but they can be used in a traject leading to the earlier mentioned 'year visum'.

I think the 'dude' you are talking about will have this one (as you mention a visum and not a waiver).

And I think the 'patient' has a similar.

So the 'dude' and the 'patient' were not required to give proof of their financial position and we have to

assume that they both run out of money.

It's great that there are people like you who spontaneously help people like 'the dude' and 'the patient'

when they, on top of their general miserable financial situation, are confronted by illness.

Many others would say that they caused their own problems and thus also should solve them by themselves.

You sounded a little bit aggressive in your last postings. I really hope you didn't yell at the doctors and nurses

because they work very hard under very difficult circumstances. By now you will know how overcrowded

the hospital is.

I think everything has passed the revue here now.

This thread has already more postings than the 'house buying' thread, so maybe a final (and friendly) word from

you would be a worthy conclusion.

Harry, I extended your wishes to the man.

He is real. His circumstances are real. I have doubts as to whether or not he will make it to his homeland. Perhaps, the surgeries and medicines will improve him enough to make that last trip.

At times like these, I wish I had more to offer those in need. I will stop in and see him again. That isn't much of an offering but it is something I can do. I wish I could have known him in better times. He seems like a man to be taken seriously in his lifetime. I'm pretty fond of the serious friends I have in this world. A guy can't have too many; only too few.

Brian was diverted to another hospital to pick up medicine. I didn't get to meet him. I will this afternoon.

If anyone wants to join me, I'm easy to identify- I'll be wearing worn Levis, desert-style military boots, a green T-shirt, mirrored Ray Bans on my head and five days (at least, but I can't remember for sure) worth of beard stubble on my face.

Great Kandahar! I am sure you will be up to your task!

For those who want to back up Kandahar:

The hour is 10.30 gentlemen!

Concerning your little controversy with Jantje I just would like to say that Jantje clearly

got the impression that the patient has a 'year visum' (more precisely a yearly extension of a

non-immigrant visum), that only obliges to a notification of stay every three months and can be

extended every year.

You can do the notification the week before the specified date or until a week after.

So in that case a couple of days 'late' don't harm.

It is probably this kind of visum you have as well.

For this type of visum you have to prove that you finances are in order.

A multiple entry visum, valuable for one year, thus enabling a stay of roughly 15 months, is different.

You have to leave the country every three monts, before or on the day the embedded three months

visum expires. If you come later it's up to the discretion of the officer to decide if your reason for

doing so is valid, otherwise you get a fine.

These visa can not be extended but they can be used in a traject leading to the earlier mentioned 'year visum'.

I think the 'dude' you are talking about will have this one (as you mention a visum and not a waiver).

And I think the 'patient' has a similar.

So the 'dude' and the 'patient' were not required to give proof of their financial position and we have to

assume that they both run out of money.

It's great that there are people like you who spontaneously help people like 'the dude' and 'the patient'

when they, on top of their general miserable financial situation, are confronted by illness.

Many others would say that they caused their own problems and thus also should solve them by themselves.

You sounded a little bit aggressive in your last postings. I really hope you didn't yell at the doctors and nurses

because they work very hard under very difficult circumstances. By now you will know how overcrowded

the hospital is.

I think everything has passed the revue here now.

This thread has already more postings than the 'house buying' thread, so maybe a final (and friendly) word from

you would be a worthy conclusion.

Limbo, that is good info on the visa thing and it would have been even better info had it been posted to Brian's question in a timely manner. A berating after the fact isn't helpful. Gentle information is a good thing in most of these cases.

I didn't yell at any nurses or doctors. I don't yell much. I didn't know where the dude was but I asked a few of the staff where they would keep a Farang that can't breathe properly and was in the process of dying. The third person I asked, a female doctor, led me to his bed on the second floor.

I'm not ashamed about being aggressive in that post. I learned years ago that when it is right, it is right and when it is something you will regret, it is best left alone. I guess I learned that a few years ahead of some others on here but there is still time for those people and here is one example of how the lessons are learned. Better this way than some of the more violent lessons that I am unfortunate enough to have under my belt from a not so pleasant past. Those still haunt me and will until I'm gone. I'm certainly no angel but I do learn from mistakes. I wonder if these smaller lessons in this thread will haunt any of the guilty parties. Maybe the lessons aren't powerful enough to stay with a person very long. We will see. As I said, scars are knowledge. Valuable knowledge.

Editing here because I missed your words about a final, friendly post from me. I'll do my best but an ass-chewing still seems to be in order. Brian didn't deserve any of this crap and it could have been prevented so easily. Operating in an unfamiliar language should be given LOTS of consideration. So, there is one more step for those parties to make. We will see if it happens on here, in person with an extended hand or not at all.

Friendly. Yeah. It is a friendly forum, usually. And when it isn't, it shouldn't be too difficult to clean up the small messes we make. Overall, I think we do a pretty good job. Just need to work on avoiding them in the first place. And while we aren't perfect, the CR forum does a pretty good job of that as well.

See you all at Brian's housewarming party in a few months. I'll be the guy staying to himself and drinking coffee no matter how hot the day.

Edited by kandahar

So, there is one more step for those parties to make.

You are right Kandahar!

Dear Brian,

I took you for a troll, even a bad one, as I thought you were using

the sad fate of an imaginary fellow foreigner to stir up the forum.

I thought wrong and I apologize!

Also I know what COPD is. I will go and see Carsten tomorrow morning.

Thanks Kandahar for going there and for your report!

Reason for editing:

Forgot to ask which building. If I don't see you there tomorrow Brian,

I will see you another time. Take care!

Edited by Limbo

You are right Kandahar!

Dear Brian,

Reason for editing:

BRAVO KANDAHAR! It is obvious that if Brian had the supreme command of the English language as Kandahar has then things would have been much different. Being a natural born skeptic my inital reaction was doubtful as well. Bravo to Limbo as well for steping up to the plate. Restores my faith in the CR Expat community.

You are right Kandahar!

Dear Brian,

Reason for editing:

BRAVO KANDAHAR! It is obvious that if Brian had the supreme command of the English language as Kandahar has then things would have been much different. Being a natural born skeptic my inital reaction was doubtful as well. Bravo to Limbo as well for steping up to the plate. Restores my faith in the CR Expat community.

I wish I had a supreme command of the English language. I don't. Just enough to get by. I walked out of school when I turned 16, left home and went into the bigger world and bigger lessons. Of all the things they teach in school, the English language, written and spoken, is the one thing that would have served me well to stick with. Oh, well. My choice, my decisions, my losses. Sadly, what you see here, is as good as it will ever be for me. I'm too old and too busy to try to improve these skills.

But Limbo did step up, didn't he? Good man.

Edited by kandahar

My life has been filled with coincidences. I am used to it to the point where none of it surprises me these days.

My wife's sister-in-law (SIL) works at that hospital and has for years. She works in food-service. A few days ago, she asked me how to tell a Farang, in English "Wake up sir. It is time to eat". I told her the proper way to accomplish this and I didn't think of it again. She came home from work after lunch today and said she heard that a Farang had been to see her patient and, based on the description of the visitor, she thought it was probably me. Her Farang patient is the friend of Brian, the unfortunate subject of this thread. This strange life just keeps being strange.

I'm in the doghouse with her and the wife for not letting them know what I was doing so they could help me find the guy more easily. I'm just so used to doing for myself that it doesn't occur to ask. It never occurred to me to ask the SIL for help when I realized that Brian hadn't arrived at the hospital. That is no excuse, according to these two. But I probably found the patient more easily than I could have found the SIL had I thought to enlist her help.

Anyway, the SIL has been fussing with the patient for quite some time and talking about her work with him and it never dawned on me that her patient and the subject here were the same guy. Apparently, they don't get too many Farang at that hospital. I wouldn't know. Today was the first time I ever visited that place.

Hi!

First off all-thank you,Kandahar,for showing up,at the hospital-and I am sorry I not was there,but as I told you,I needed to get some medicin to my self,at Overbrooke and it took longer then expectet-sorry for that.

Then I can tell you that my woman and I came just after you leave,and at that time Carsten as in the operation room,so we must wait a few ours to see him,in intencive care unit-and one of the first thing he told me,was that you have been there,and how happy he was fore this-I told him ofcourse about this forum and all that so he have a chance to realise who you was and where you came from.

It make hes day,fore sure.!

He looked not so good I must say-strugling to get some air and whit wires all over.

When we was there,going down to have some water the Ambasy lady call me and told me,that Carsten must have this operation and after that,they think they have an answer in about 3 weeks-it is a long time to go whit out knowing enything-but so it is.

We go again tomorrow to see how he is and what to do fore him,but I am realy consirned about all this-the days operation alone cost 50.000 baht-and it seams that my try to make a collect in Denmark faild-there is not coming eny mony yet.

My consirn goes on-what to do later-fore the moment we have told the doctor and so how it is,and they agree,that we paid between 30-50.000 baht tomorrow when he will get a single room,becourse he cant stay in this big 30 mans room,when he just operated they say-about the infection risk,I think. And then he can pay again the o1.05-and that is ok,whit the hospital.

But I cant stop thinking about what happend and what to do,becourse the mony ends very fast,and we are not in a position to help him more then we do now-and then what? The hospital let him go-then he die-fore sure-sorry,but it is so frustrating fore me.

I will like to say thanks to you all-also those who diddent belive me-I cant use it-but anyway,you stand up here and show your face,like a man-,and I respect that very much-thanks fore doing that!

I am a tired man today,so I will stop this fore now and wish you all a good day and evening-and take care.!

Hope to meet some of you guys a day-atleast to our house warming-was there today and must pick the type of floor we wont,and it goes forward.

Brian

Hi!

First off all-thank you,Kandahar,for showing up,at the hospital-and I am sorry I not was there,but as I told you,I needed to get some medicin to my self,at Overbrooke and it took longer then expectet-sorry for that.

Then I can tell you that my woman and I came just after you leave,and at that time Carsten as in the operation room,so we must wait a few ours to see him,in intencive care unit-and one of the first thing he told me,was that you have been there,and how happy he was fore this-I told him ofcourse about this forum and all that so he have a chance to realise who you was and where you came from.

It make hes day,fore sure.!

He looked not so good I must say-strugling to get some air and whit wires all over.

When we was there,going down to have some water the Ambasy lady call me and told me,that Carsten must have this operation and after that,they think they have an answer in about 3 weeks-it is a long time to go whit out knowing enything-but so it is.

We go again tomorrow to see how he is and what to do fore him,but I am realy consirned about all this-the days operation alone cost 50.000 baht-and it seams that my try to make a collect in Denmark faild-there is not coming eny mony yet.

My consirn goes on-what to do later-fore the moment we have told the doctor and so how it is,and they agree,that we paid between 30-50.000 baht tomorrow when he will get a single room,becourse he cant stay in this big 30 mans room,when he just operated they say-about the infection risk,I think. And then he can pay again the o1.05-and that is ok,whit the hospital.

But I cant stop thinking about what happend and what to do,becourse the mony ends very fast,and we are not in a position to help him more then we do now-and then what? The hospital let him go-then he die-fore sure-sorry,but it is so frustrating fore me.

I will like to say thanks to you all-also those who diddent belive me-I cant use it-but anyway,you stand up here and show your face,like a man-,and I respect that very much-thanks fore doing that!

I am a tired man today,so I will stop this fore now and wish you all a good day and evening-and take care.!

Hope to meet some of you guys a day-atleast to our house warming-was there today and must pick the type of floor we wont,and it goes forward.

Brian

Brain, try to relax a little and see how this thing goes. Lots of good things can turn up in the future.

I returned twice to the hospital after my initial visit. On the first return, he was in surgery. One the second, he was in ICU. As I waited around just in case, I happened across another Expat being wheeled by me in his bed. He smiled, spoke and gave me the thumbs up. I followed him, watched them put him in bed in a room and then went into his room to say "Hi". Stayed about 20 minutes. Nice guy, a little older than me, from England, lost his leg in a motorcycle accident two weeks ago, name is Glen. I'll stop in and check on him tomorrow. Any English folks around might want to stop in and say "Hi". Any other folks might want to do the same. He seems like a really nice fellow and has a terrific outlook. He's a CR guy.

Sorry if it's mentioned in previous posts but I can't see it anywhere, which hospital are these guys in? Any idea about visiting hours?

Both gentlemen are in the CR hospital, otherwise known to some as the "free" hospital. I doubt you will be able to see Brian's friend until he is released from ICU.

Edited by kandahar

A lot of good vibes coming off this thread now,lets hope the support that seems to have prevailed fom all of you gives the Gentleman the will to pull through. :)

Kandahar...a lot of respect to you man!

Truly, a lot of respect to all. Pretty good group out there and and I firmly believe that the ones that do not post, the silent majority, probably have more to offer than all of us mouthy ones. NADTATIDA1, the bad news is, it often takes bad news, bad manners of others and bad judgement of others to bring out the best in all of us. All of us see the plight of others but it often takes a negative occurrence to push us into action. And the worst news to me is, sometimes I am the guy that steps in it and gets everyone else galvanized into action. I can be the guilty one sometimes myself. That is a hurtful truth.

I appreciate your respect. Thank you. I have that much respect for everyone on here that I have dealt with. We all have those bad days and, for the most part, that is just what they are- bad days or bad calls. I don't hold anything against anyone here. It seems for every bad day a guy has, he later redeems himself with an outstanding post that proves he isn't what I thought.

Edited by kandahar

Sorry if it's mentioned in previous posts but I can't see it anywhere, which hospital are these guys in? Any idea about visiting hours?

Sorry guy. I forgot to comment on the hours. I don't know what the visiting hours are but it really looks like a free-for-all there so I don't think you'll have any trouble at any hour. And to consolidate the reply, here is the hospital info again-

Both gentlemen are in the CR hospital, otherwise known to some as the "free" hospital. I doubt you will be able to see Brian's friend until he is released from ICU.

You are right Kandahar!

Dear Brian,

Reason for editing:

I wish I had a supreme command of the English language. I don't. Just enough to get by. I walked out of school when I turned 16, left home and went into the bigger world and bigger lessons. Of all the things they teach in school, the English language, written and spoken, is the one thing that would have served me well to stick with. Oh, well. My choice, my decisions, my losses. Sadly, what you see here, is as good as it will ever be for me. I'm too old and too busy to try to improve these skills.

But Limbo did step up, didn't he? Good man.

Ah! modest also. I have 2 engineering degrees and an MBA and you write circles around me.

Perhaps Brian will post an update on Carsten tonight but in the meantime, I'll submit this much. I saw and spoke with Carsten today and the surgery was an apparent success. He looked so much better than yesterday morning and greeted me with a large smile. He said he feels MUCH better and it shows. My confidence has risen immensely. It appears that if he can find a way home, he may well be healthy enough to make the trip.

I also saw Glen, the U.K. guy. He had a little setback during the night but he didn't appear to be letting it get him down. He says he will be online with a wireless connection on his laptop tomorrow and he may well post here. We'll see.

Stop in and have a visit, guys. Both fellows exude pleasantness. You won't be sorry to make their acquaintance. There aren't too many Farangs in that place so they are both pretty easy to find. It seems many of the workers there know of both men and where they are located.

Carsten is still in ICU and they do have visiting hours for him. I'm sorry, but I didn't make a note of them except the lunchtime and night time hours, which are 12:00 to 12:30 and 6:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. I am told by the SIL that the morning visiting hours are 7:00 a.m. to 7:30 a.m.. She works there and should know. I missed the time hack for Carsten but the staff ladies told me I could have five minutes to visit him anyway, even when I made it clear that I would be happy to return at the proper time. They said the off-hour visit would help more than it would hurt. Whether it helped him or not, his big smile sure made my day.

Edited by kandahar

G. told me that he would stay inside during the Songkran and not go out

to throw water...

He flew seventy meters over the street, his leg was shattered, the recently redone

tattoes of his arms coloured the asphalt, the ones on his destroyed leg got mashed

and he simply takes the mobile out of his pocket:

"My dear, I am lying in front of the temple at Ban Pun. Please call an ambulance and the police".

He didn't loose his consciousness for a second and arranged everything himself.

Any suggestions that he would have been drinking are absolutely absurd.

I was with him at the Swiss one hour before it happened and he didn't.

He intended to have a glass at Sea-one, but didn't find his good English friend there,

so he drove home.

G. was one of the local expat photographers, who participated in the "Chiang Rai

through Foreign Eyes" exhibition, so his work was exhibited at the National Museum of

Chiang Saen and later at the Rai Mae Fah Luang in Chiang Rai.

He is a brilliant and passionate photographer, who knows exactly when the right moment

is there. He sees and registers. He not only sees with his eyes, but with his heart as well.

He has been sailing all seas of the world.

"Que sera, sera!", he simply said. Impressive, very impressive!

Danish Carsten feels better because he is in the intensive care now. It's more quite as there

are less patients than in the big rooms. His voice sounded stable and he was alert.

It's very well possible that his general condition will stabilize as well.

The Danish Embassy is monitoring the situation and is in direct contact with his doctors, so

one might expect that everything possible will be done to help Carsten.

My compliments for Brian for having managed to mobilize moral support as well.

Because at the end that is the most shining side of the medal!

Polish it well!

Hi!

First of all, I wont to say,thanks to you guys-you are great, and make the day fore Carsten-he was so happy and pleased about your visit-as he told me-people who even dont know me,came to visit me-fore sure,this make his day...thanks!!!

Carstens son have a freind who is married to a Thai lady,so they have phoned the hospital today-and fore a few minutes ago,I read at facebook,that he even had spoken to Carsten-so I guess that Carsten is a happy man today.

I was just sorry,that we have to leave in a hurry becourse we must fix something in the new house-so we was both sorry that we diddent meet mr. Kandahar and wife,which we have looked forward to-but we talk to mr. Limbo in there,so that was great-so my woman and I, look forward to meet you and wife later.

I talk whit the doctor on monday and then I will here about this,that the nurse told us last nigth-that the doctor will send some papers to Denmark,and when they return and if everything is ok,then they will send Carsten home to denmark-I am not sure about it,becourse my Thai is not so good that I understan it all,but that was what I get out of it yesterday-but as told-I talk whit the doctor monday and then we will know for sure.

I am a tired man now,so I will whish you all a good evening and nigth-god bless you all.!!!

Brian

Onse again,thanks fore the way, you have showing up into this-also thanks from my woman-she is pretty impressed over you and your behavior-I dont think she ever have seen something like this before.

See you soon or later.!

I stopped in to check on our two patients this evening. The UK guy is improving and seems to be in good spirits. He says he can eat any type of food I might bring so if any of you show up, keep that in mind.

Brian's friend is holding steady and looking good. He says he feels much better. Again, he had a heck of a smile on when he saw myself and the wife standing there next to him. I'm not sure what all he cannot eat, if anything, but he seemed tickled with the cookies and fruit yogurt that the wife brought. He can eat that, for sure.

Edited by kandahar