A Sick Freind!

brianmarinus

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there, I am now back online for the first time since I left hospital on the 21st of last month so I thought I would give you an update on my situation. But, first of all I would like to say a big thank you to all of you who gave me your support by visiting me in the hospital, too many to name on here. However a special mention to a few who went out their way to visit me without really knowing me, Kandahar, Jubby, and Brittastic and their respective wives, thanks guys ‘n’ gals you really helped to boost me.

My medical situation has improved immensely, however, I still have some damage to my hip, a loss of a lot of cartilage in the hip joint, consequently I still have considerable pain. Despite this, the surgeon has given me his permission to fly and is currently preparing a letter for the airline just in case they need some authorization.

I have rearranged my flights and my wife and I will travel to the UK at the end of this month, sadly she will have to return alone after only three weeks as she has a prearranged seminar to attend in Jakarta, Indonesia at the end of July. I will remain in the UK until everything is fixed and healed.

I would encourage any of you that doesn’t have health insurance (I have) to get some, as the total bill for my hospitalization was in excess of 300 thousand baht.

Anyway people, once again folks THANK YOU, you all contributed in some way to my speedy recovery.

ImageDude :)

glad to hear you're out of hospital I D it was a pleasure to meet you if only briefly. I don't get to spend as much time as i'd like in chang rai and am now back in london. The mrs always asks about you when i speak to her on the phone and i will tell her you're out and improving. Sorry to hear you'll be apart from your wife and i hope your treatment in the uk goes well and you can be reunited with your wife quickly. All the best. Biff

Carsten is due to be transferred to the home in CM at 10:00 this morning. I just saw him at the hospital and wished him luck. They were packing his things, getting ready for the move.

He is very near the end. I have hopes that the home in CM will provide the IV and nutrition that is needed to get him back from the brink. I believe it is fully possible that he can be walking and enjoying life again if he gets the right care. I hope it isn't too late for such care.

So many things have happened, and have not happened, that I have not written about. Nothing to be gained by writing about it. I can only hope that all of those bad decisions and fighting will not be a part of Carsten's future. Suffice to say, that the hel_l of his predicament was enough in itself and yet others chose to add to that hel_l, mostly through lack of common sense. So much of what he has been through was unnecessary.

Brian has tried to shield Carsten from the worst of it, succeeding sometimes and sometimes not. It has been a difficult time for Brian, as well as for Carsten. Many times, Brian was the only thing standing between Carsten and the street. Brian never gave up that fight.

I have promised Carsten that I will visit him within a month. I wish the best for him.

For those in CM, please know that visits and caring do a lot of good for his well-being. Two friends will meet him at the home today upon his arrival. Hopefully, others will make an occasional visit to him throughout his time there. My thanks to all who do.

Brian can now get his life sorted and discover married life. It has been a long time coming. I wish him the best future and hope to stay in contact with him.

I had mentioned in the past that perhaps we TV folks could put together a getaway weekend for Brian and Su when the time came. Since then, one man has offered a 100 percent payed vacation for the two of them. I'll leave it at that and thanks to that contributor.

kandahar

Carsten is due to be transferred to the home in CM at 10:00 this morning. I just saw him at the hospital and wished him luck. They were packing his things, getting ready for the move.

He is very near the end. I have hopes that the home in CM will provide the IV and nutrition that is needed to get him back from the brink. I believe it is fully possible that he can be walking and enjoying life again if he gets the right care. I hope it isn't too late for such care.

So many things have happened, and have not happened, that I have not written about. Nothing to be gained by writing about it. I can only hope that all of those bad decisions and fighting will not be a part of Carsten's future. Suffice to say, that the hel_l of his predicament was enough in itself and yet others chose to add to that hel_l, mostly through lack of common sense. So much of what he has been through was unnecessary.

Brian has tried to shield Carsten from the worst of it, succeeding sometimes and sometimes not. It has been a difficult time for Brian, as well as for Carsten. Many times, Brian was the only thing standing between Carsten and the street. Brian never gave up that fight.

I have promised Carsten that I will visit him within a month. I wish the best for him.

For those in CM, please know that visits and caring do a lot of good for his well-being. Two friends will meet him at the home today upon his arrival. Hopefully, others will make an occasional visit to him throughout his time there. My thanks to all who do.

Brian can now get his life sorted and discover married life. It has been a long time coming. I wish him the best future and hope to stay in contact with him.

I had mentioned in the past that perhaps we TV folks could put together a getaway weekend for Brian and Su when the time came. Since then, one man has offered a 100 percent payed vacation for the two of them. I'll leave it at that and thanks to that contributor and those who initially offered to kick in some baht for that vacation.

kandahar

Edited by kandahar

Hi.!

First of all, I will say-THANK YOU, for all your support and kindness,through all this about my friend,Carsten.

Kandahar says that it have been hard, some time-and yes, it have-but in the other hand-I have get so much out of it-new friends-alot of new friend,and I have learn, that helping somebody who needs it, like Carsten-gives alot back-I-and I think my wife to-wood not have miss it.

I have learn alot about my self, that I diddent know.

Carsten is arrived in Chiang Mai,and the good man Poul, who bring Carsten danish food,for a while ago, was there together whit another danish guy-Hugo,who lives in Chiang Mai.

Poul give me a phone call,and told me, that the doctors and nurces,have ask them to leave,and come back tomorrow-and when they leave, there was 7 doctors and nurces, around Carsten -so no doubht, about they will take good care of him.

I am so happy,that he is there,becourse-I really belive, that this is the best place for him,right now.

You know,that I have a page on facebook.dk for Carsten,where I can tell hi s family and friends about,how things are going-and I think he have 865 menbers, right now,so thats cool-and they have ask me, to continue this page,since they want to follow Carsten, to the end-and need a place to talk about everything, about Carsten and there feelings about all this-so ofcourse,I will go on.

Then to more serius things, about you guys-I remember when Su and I start up, about buying this house-we talk about a house warming party.

I just told Suphaphon about it,and she likes the idea-and we will welcome you-this Saturday at clock 16.00-then we will have some good food-a beer or two, a litle whiskye and some good music-and then we can say Hello, to each other-those of you I havent seen yet.

You can come to:

Sinthanee City Home Project 8-Moo 24, 279/54,Robwiang.AMP.Muang.Chiang Rai.57000.Thailand.

Suphaphon Thawong and Brian M Sørensen.

It is beheind the old airport-if you drive into the front of the old airport, you will see a temple infront of you-drive to this temple,and then go left-into the first crossroad, you turn right-follow the road to the end,and then left again-then it will come on your left hand, some 3-400 meters away-when you come in here-you drive right away, to the road on your right hand, before the road ends-then you come right to our house-and we will look after you-so you will find it, I think.

We hope you will show up, so we can have a good day together all of us.

Suphaphon and Brian.

Brian, I hope you have a nice turnout for your party. I won't be able to make it. I have a previous engagement. The Chiang Rai Hash House Harriers meet at 16:00 on Saturday at CR Beach and I have a role in this one that I cannot avoid. If not for that, I would attend.

Good luck.

kandahar

Brian, I hope you have a nice turnout for your party. I won't be able to make it. I have a previous engagement. The Chiang Rai Hash House Harriers meet at 16:00 on Saturday at CR Beach and I have a role in this one that I cannot avoid. If not for that, I would attend.

Good luck.

kandahar

Hi Kandahar.!

Thats just ok-sorry you cant come-but Su and I, will see you and your wife later.

This is the place where Carsten is now-buityfull and nice, I think.!

Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Hi.!

First of all, I will say-THANK YOU, for all your support and kindness,through all this about my friend,Carsten.

Kandahar says that it have been hard, some time-and yes, it have-but in the other hand-I have get so much out of it-new friends-alot of new friend,and I have learn, that helping somebody who needs it, like Carsten-gives alot back-I-and I think my wife to-wood not have miss it.

I have learn alot about my self, that I diddent know.

Carsten is arrived in Chiang Mai,and the good man Poul, who bring Carsten danish food,for a while ago, was there together whit another danish guy-Hugo,who lives in Chiang Mai.

Poul give me a phone call,and told me, that the doctors and nurces,have ask them to leave,and come back tomorrow-and when they leave, there was 7 doctors and nurces, around Carsten -so no doubht, about they will take good care of him.

I am so happy,that he is there,becourse-I really belive, that this is the best place for him,right now.

You know,that I have a page on facebook.dk for Carsten,where I can tell hi s family and friends about,how things are going-and I think he have 865 menbers, right now,so thats cool-and they have ask me, to continue this page,since they want to follow Carsten, to the end-and need a place to talk about everything, about Carsten and there feelings about all this-so ofcourse,I will go on.

Then to more serius things, about you guys-I remember when Su and I start up, about buying this house-we talk about a house warming party.

I just told Suphaphon about it,and she likes the idea-and we will welcome you-this Saturday at clock 16.00-then we will have some good food-a beer or two, a litle whiskye and some good music-and then we can say Hello, to each other-those of you I havent seen yet.

You can come to:

Sinthanee City Home Project 8-Moo 24, 279/54,Robwiang.AMP.Muang.Chiang Rai.57000.Thailand.

Suphaphon Thawong and Brian M Sørensen.

It is beheind the old airport-if you drive into the front of the old airport, you will see a temple infront of you-drive to this temple,and then go left-into the first crossroad, you turn right-follow the road to the end,and then left again-then it will come on your left hand, some 3-400 meters away-when you come in here-you drive right away, to the road on your right hand, before the road ends-then you come right to our house-and we will look after you-so you will find it, I think.

We hope you will show up, so we can have a good day together all of us.

Suphaphon and Brian.

Hi.!

It wood be nice, if you wood send me a message-just so we know ca. how many there is coming, and can order food and drinks, after that.Thanks.!

I saw Carsten at the home in CM today. He was tired but smiled when he saw us. He said he wass much hapier here than in the hospital.

he has a nice room with a view of the trees and sky and grass. I hope he has some to enjoy them. The staff seem very friendly however I am sure he will value seing others he knows.

Edited by harrry

I'm happy to hear that Carsten is in a nicer place, although having heard bad things about public hospitals in Thailand, I have to say I didn't think the hospital in Chiang Rai was bad at all. Anyway, best wishes to Carsten from myself and my girlfriend. I just spoke to her and she asked how he's doing. Thanks to everybody here, I can tell her he's in good hands. Cheers, Biff

I'm happy to hear that Carsten is in a nicer place, although having heard bad things about public hospitals in Thailand, I have to say I didn't think the hospital in Chiang Rai was bad at all. Anyway, best wishes to Carsten from myself and my girlfriend. I just spoke to her and she asked how he's doing. Thanks to everybody here, I can tell her he's in good hands. Cheers, Biff

Hi.!

I just want to tell you all, that Carsten have some good days now, in Chiang Mai.

Poul, the Danish guy-did the trip up here agaian, whit alot of Danish food, to Carsten-and another Dane-Hugo-who lives in Chiang Mai...just 5 min. from Dok Kaew, viisit Carsten every day, and bring him, home- cooked Danish food.

Carsten have ordered a video machine-becourse Hugo have, alot of old Danish movie, he will like to see.

I think, that this is the best we have done to Carsten-getting im there-they take really good care of Carsten, and everything, is so buityfull in the area.

I have some pics from when Carsten arrived to this place, and Carsten was not ok. that time-so I will warn you-it is hard stuff, to look at.

One s again, thanks to aal you guys for help, support and kindness, in all this about Carsten.

Have a really good day-and take care.!

Brian.

Incompatible Browser | Facebook

arch.php?oid=116350295066131&view=all

Edited by brianmarinus