Visa Run. Where?

Sir Burr

For those people living in and around Khon Kaen and Udon Thani. Where do you go for your visa run? Nong Khai? Is it hassle free?

Yes very hassle free,had no problems earlier this month.Plenty off visa shops that prepares everything, takes about an hour,plenty off restuarants at the rear while your waiting,I drove up there from Maha sarakham,they looked after the car while i swaned around Loa for the day.

The nearest is Nong Khai and did the visa run many times before getting married.Easy but a lot of waiting at the Laos border.

The Nong Khai immigration guys are very much by the book and you need all the proper documents for extentions.They let in Hambali and got their arse slapped.A lot of personnel changes in recent times.

The nearest is Nong Khai and did the visa run many times before getting married.Easy but a lot of waiting at the Laos border.

The Nong Khai immigration guys are very much by the book and you need all the proper documents for extentions.They let in Hambali and got their arse slapped.A lot of personnel changes in recent times.

Just a little additional information the Nong Kia office comes to Udon three days a week Monday, Wenesday and Friday, they haev a small office on the lowest floor in AEK Udon hospital. By the book is very accurate, they have a new commander there a well. Not hard to deal with if you have everythign you are supposed to have.

The visa run to Lao is not a bad experience at all, somewhere arounf $30.00 to go across. You have to be Vientien before 11:00 and I would try for earlier. Give them the paperwork and pick it up the next afternoon and then back home.

A fun night can be had, just don't get silly it is communist country, that being said I never had a problem one in the runs I made. It has been awhile since I made one but a I remember a few years back no ATM's available in Lao. I never used any of the services it was not that difficult. Right next to immigartion there is a place for photos of you forget and making copies that you might need.

There are taxis right at the border crossing after you go over, bargain wiht them you will be qouted high, they all know where the immigration office is. There are several hotels alnf g the river and not to expensive a I recall. Lots of good places to eat, farrand and Lao food.

Actually I kind of miss the break, but I can't get the wife to buy on a visa run these days LOL

You could go to Mukdahan, If you go by taxi it can be done in a day... friend of mine did it from Kalasin ( should be able to do it in a day from Khon Kaen as well ) not so long back and it cost him bt1000 I think (for the taxi) and then the visa on top of course.

totster :o

If you live in nakon nowhere, maybe you are married to a Thai? Why not get a married "O" visa. It's easy and you only need 400,000 in your bank account, then you can spend it till next year. You never have to leave Thailand if you don't want to.

Yes Nongkhai is basically hassle free, but make sure you have the proper paperwork or they won't give you a visa in Laos.

Just a reminder, the Udaon Thani office closes next week for 'good'.

Udon operation is closing?

So we are back to Nong Kia runs?

Where do you do you do your 90 day check-in if you live there ray?is that Nong Kai also?

checked at one of the shops last week,2000 bt and 45minute wait for all the paperwork, the T/W 30 bt using her ID or 10 bt using her passport and that gives her a 30 day visa.

Oh well some of the best bacon in Thialand can be bought in Nong Kia

Where's that Ray?

Not to far from the trian station, an American guy ha taught his wife how to smoke bacon and ham. I have to to my 90 day report in this month in Nong Kia. If you want we can meet at immigration adn I'll take you there.

Yep Ozzi Nong Kia

Where's that Ray?

Not to far from the trian station, an American guy ha taught his wife how to smoke bacon and ham. I have to to my 90 day report in this month in Nong Kia. If you want we can meet at immigration adn I'll take you there.

Yep Ozzi Nong Kia

Ray,

I use the same American guy for my bacon and cold ham, you had better call him first to order. He was sold out last week. If you need his phone number PM me and I will give it to you.

Lastly, are you sure the Udon Immigration Office is closing. I stay on the Nong Khai road outside Udon. I reported to Nong Khai for my 90 days last week and I was told I could report to either Udon or Nong Khai. No mention of Udon closing last week.

Wee Jimmy.

For those people living in and around Khon Kaen and Udon Thani. Where do you go for your visa run? Nong Khai? Is it hassle free?

Guys, its possible I will be doing my next visa run via Nong Kai, tied in with a visit to the gals folks.

As I will likely to be stripped of what cash I have by the vulture in laws (im about 2 years in arrears) I wont be staying in Vientiane and will be an "in & out" job. This is my 2nd time I have done the Nong Kai run, last time I obtained a visa from the Laos Consulate in Khon Kaen, im not so sure that I actually needed to do this, especially for my TG ?

Could anyone share any recent experience in this area ?

Where's that Ray?

Yep Ozzi Nong Kia

Ray,

I use the same American guy for my bacon and cold ham, you had better call him first to order. He was sold out last week. If you need his phone number PM me and I will give it to you.

Lastly, are you sure the Udon Immigration Office is closing. I stay on the Nong Khai road outside Udon. I reported to Nong Khai for my 90 days last week and I was told I could report to either Udon or Nong Khai. No mention of Udon closing last week.

Wee Jimmy.

Yes it's closed

http://www.thaiimmigration.com/

Guys, its possible I will be doing my next visa run via Nong Kai, tied in with a visit to the gals folks.

As I will likely to be stripped of what cash I have by the vulture in laws (im about 2 years in arrears) I wont be staying in Vientiane and will be an "in & out" job. This is my 2nd time I have done the Nong Kai run, last time I obtained a visa from the Laos Consulate in Khon Kaen, im not so sure that I actually needed to do this, especially for my TG ?

If you live in or around KK then it a quick and convenient 15 mins at the Laos Consulate for a visa...I find this easier than messing around in Nong Khai or at the border. TG needs only a photo and form for a border pass....or just a Thai passport (no visa needed}

If you live in or around KK then it a quick and convenient 15 mins at the Laos Consulate for a visa...I find this easier than messing around in Nong Khai or at the border. TG needs only a photo and form for a border pass....or just a Thai passport (no visa needed}

Bugger !! I kinda knew that I didnt require one for the TG :o

Do you think if I ask (nicely) will I get my money back for the visa that I didnt need last time round for the TG ? :D

Bugger !! I kinda knew that I didnt require one for the TG :D

Do you think if I ask (nicely) will I get my money back for the visa that I didnt need last time round for the TG ? :D

I doubt it... suprised they didn't tell you though.. :o

totster :D