Gardening On The Islands

Portulaca, easy to grow! Great in pots or as an edging plant in the ground...

Blooms only in the morning, then they close in the afternoon...

Ah Finally got it! Duh! :) Except seem to have double up on one!

Hi

Do you recommend and decent place to buy seeds / nice variety of flowering plants.

For that matter vegetable seeds as well.

Thanks for help

Nirvana

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi

Do you recommend and decent place to buy seeds / nice variety of flowering plants.

For that matter vegetable seeds as well.

Thanks for help

Nirvana

Hi Nirvana,

Well, I asume you mean on Samui.... Most of the nurseries I've seen usually have seed, certainly the one in Maenam & Ban Tai (Owners the same) ...

Some of the small Thai shops, carry them, you just need to watch out for the seed racks... I pointed out earlier don't buy seed if the racks are sitting in full sun... they just don't seem to germinate!

If you are on Koh Phengnan, the "Garage" in Tongsala usually has a good selection, (at least they did two years ago, when I lived there) even seed trays, & the only place I have ever seen on any of the Islands...

My Thai neighours, seem to find seed in bulk for veggies, I think from the store next to 7-11 (near the traffic light) in Maenam (I'll check on that, & add if different) ... but that is one store that keeps their packet seed racks in the sun.... never had luck with them.

Tesco have some seeds too, but I think most not good for this area... in the hardware section usually...

Many plants here are really quite easy to take cuttings of.... Coleus, Impatiens, Cosmos...Portulaca, and lots of other plants too.

Hope that helps!

Jim

Sumee's gas station on the main road out from the pier is the place samuijimmy is thinking of, gas pump just past the fresh market before the intersection with the chaloklum road. They do have an excellent selection of vegetable and flower seeds. Its also a good place to buy fertilizer and garden hand tools

Hi Nirvana,

Well, I asume you mean on Samui.... Most of the nurseries I've seen usually have seed, certainly the one in Maenam & Ban Tai (Owners the same) ...

Some of the small Thai shops, carry them, you just need to watch out for the seed racks... I pointed out earlier don't buy seed if the racks are sitting in full sun... they just don't seem to germinate!

If you are on Koh Phengnan, the "Garage" in Tongsala usually has a good selection, (at least they did two years ago, when I lived there) even seed trays, & the only place I have ever seen on any of the Islands...

My Thai neighours, seem to find seed in bulk for veggies, I think from the store next to 7-11 (near the traffic light) in Maenam (I'll check on that, & add if different) ... but that is one store that keeps their packet seed racks in the sun.... never had luck with them.

Tesco have some seeds too, but I think most not good for this area... in the hardware section usually...

Many plants here are really quite easy to take cuttings of.... Coleus, Impatiens, Cosmos...Portulaca, and lots of other plants too.

Hope that helps!

Jim

Hi Jim

Thanks for that, yes on Samui.

Just another thing i wanted to check on. Do you knw a place where I can buy turf "Malay grass" . I have a big area to do and last time for a smaller area I used a contractor, who said he sourced from BKK. From what i saw it was really nothing to it, Coconut fibre down after leveling the land, some fertilizer and then the turf down. I am looking to save some coins and maybe source directly. Any Ideas ?

Thanks again

Nirvana

Hi Nirvana,

I am not 100% sure whether Malay Grass is the wide bladed grass or the fine one... But both can be purchased through any of the Nurseries... Certainly the nursery in Maenam & Ban Tai...

You just tell them how many square meters you want & they will bring it in. I think it comes from Suratthani, some where .... But the nurseries won't say where for obvious reasons!

I think unless you are heading over to the mainland in a pickup, anyway, it may not save you anything.

But the "young guys" will come and prep the soil & help you plant it... for a "tip" I am never sure what a tip should be, but base it on how many hours they spend.... & perhaps give them some thing to drink!

I have tried sourcing seed, with no luck, here, so far.... I've heard the Golf courses may have it... but You need to know someone in management, I think to get it...?.

To go "Cheap" route on laying sod /turf for the lawn, you could order less than what you need & cut it into plugs & plant, about 6 to 9 inches apart (about 6"- 9" squares) ... but it is a little tedious. You'll find the sod here, has no or very little soil with it...

I moved a lawn last year in my garden... ended up with three or four times the area, but it took days to do! :) It was filled in within about two months, since I did it around October. I think if you try to do now, you will spend your life watering it down to keep it moist... Using a shade cloth on small areas would help. but not too practical for larger areas.

Your best time to do this would be just before the rainy season, perhaps October, unless you are one of the lucky ones on Samui, who has plenty of water, to keep the new planting reasonable moist while it roots in, for several weeks.

I also suggest with the coconut fibre (good idea BTW) that you work it into the existing soil a little, while raking if you just place it on top, it may dry out too quickly, & you need to help the roots, go down! If there are rocks in the soil, get them out!

Water the planting area a few times to settle the soil, before planting & re rake it out.... I've not seen rollers here! So you will need to use your feet to firm the grass into the soil...

If you do bring in Sod/turf, spread it out, if it takes a few days to lay it all, it will decompose quickly if staked up..

Hope that helps!

Jim

Hi Nirvana,

I am not 100% sure whether Malay Grass is the wide bladed grass or the fine one... But both can be purchased through any of the Nurseries... Certainly the nursery in Maenam & Ban Tai...

You just tell them how many square meters you want & they will bring it in. I think it comes from Suratthani, some where .... But the nurseries won't say where for obvious reasons!

I think unless you are heading over to the mainland in a pickup, anyway, it may not save you anything.

But the "young guys" will come and prep the soil & help you plant it... for a "tip" I am never sure what a tip should be, but base it on how many hours they spend.... & perhaps give them some thing to drink!

I have tried sourcing seed, with no luck, here, so far.... I've heard the Golf courses may have it... but You need to know someone in management, I think to get it...?.

To go "Cheap" route on laying sod /turf for the lawn, you could order less than what you need & cut it into plugs & plant, about 6 to 9 inches apart (about 6"- 9" squares) ... but it is a little tedious. You'll find the sod here, has no or very little soil with it...

I moved a lawn last year in my garden... ended up with three or four times the area, but it took days to do! :) It was filled in within about two months, since I did it around October. I think if you try to do now, you will spend your life watering it down to keep it moist... Using a shade cloth on small areas would help. but not too practical for larger areas.

Your best time to do this would be just before the rainy season, perhaps October, unless you are one of the lucky ones on Samui, who has plenty of water, to keep the new planting reasonable moist while it roots in, for several weeks.

I also suggest with the coconut fibre (good idea BTW) that you work it into the existing soil a little, while raking if you just place it on top, it may dry out too quickly, & you need to help the roots, go down! If there are rocks in the soil, get them out!

Water the planting area a few times to settle the soil, before planting & re rake it out.... I've not seen rollers here! So you will need to use your feet to firm the grass into the soil...

If you do bring in Sod/turf, spread it out, if it takes a few days to lay it all, it will decompose quickly if staked up..

Hope that helps!

Jim

Great, Cheers Jim.

We have water but not enough to even think of this project until its getting a little wetter shall we say than now.

It does take alot of time and water but it took pretty quick.

Yes its the thicker bladed grass. The fine one i find tends to burn easier and not so strong as the thin bladed but it does look and feel nicer.

Nirvana

Great, Cheers Jim.

We have water but not enough to even think of this project until its getting a little wetter shall we say than now.

It does take alot of time and water but it took pretty quick.

Yes its the thicker bladed grass. The fine one i find tends to burn easier and not so strong as the thin bladed but it does look and feel nicer.

Nirvana

I thought it might be the wider bladed one, Nirvana.

I have both & to conserve water, I been avoiding watering, but both seem to be holding up reasonably well, except the wider blade one is worn down, since it gets more traffic...in one spot, I suspect it will come back... when we do get some rain... please.... soon!

They both seem to only need cutting / mowing at about the same time... about every 6 weeks, I find... so that's a plus!

I am sure many of us gardeners are exhausted from the heat at the moment, not to mention the plants ....

A good rain would be more than welcome... & a few degrees cooler!

Most plants that are established will be fine, as their roots will pick up moisture well below ground level, (those that have been planted for a year or more)... but newly planted or plants in pots will need a little more attention watering, to keep them going... I generally find watering after 4 pm is good.

I came across a plant in the back garden, today, I long thought a weed tree , but low & behold it is a Mulberry.... with fruit, which admittedly is not really sweet or sour, but certainly not a bad taste... black when ripe, red before ripe....

post-85461-1272034783_thumb.jpg

planted sunflower seeds,about 30 in all.went well for 3 weeks,grew about 4 inches.now half have died,only thing i can thick why is too much water or too much heat.chili plants doing well, but then they're local so i guess they should be ok.The heat has been really bad this year,no respite,humidity too.

Hi Green Fingered people, a Friend of mine has asked me to try & get him some Giant Moso Bamboo Seeds, are they availbale on Samui does anyone know & if so, would they be in Packets & what kind of $$ would i be looking at & for how many ??

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Hi Green Fingered people, a Friend of mine has asked me to try & get him some Giant Moso Bamboo Seeds, are they availbale on Samui does anyone know & if so, would they be in Packets & what kind of $$ would i be looking at & for how many ??

Wow,what a tree.

Moso bamboo (Phyllostachys pubescens) is the largest temperate bamboo species on earth. 'Moso' can grow to over 75 feet in height and 7 + inches in diameter, at maturity. These Moso seedlings have shown exceptional vigor and promise to give you a great start on your own Moso grove.

What is a Moso grove?

planted sunflower seeds,about 30 in all.went well for 3 weeks,grew about 4 inches.now half have died,only thing i can thick why is too much water or too much heat.chili plants doing well, but then they're local so i guess they should be ok.The heat has been really bad this year,no respite,humidity too.

I must admit, I've had no luck with sunflowers, either, although have seen them growing here... so it can be done. I'm trying to remember what time of year I've seen them.

Have you checked to see if some little creatures are chewing on the stems at the base? That could be a problem too... or perhaps, damping off, in which case you'll need to check at the garden shops for a fungicide... if close by to a shop & can do, take a sample with you... perhaps in a small ice pack....

If insect, you may need to use something, like BS 2 which is from Neem tree Oil (Seddow, the Thai's call it..) or something like that. It comes in little bottles... I know the garden shop, in Maenam has it, I think I have seen at Home Pro & Tesco as well.

I did try making the Neem oil last year, without much success, so better to just buy it! I think about 60 or 80 baht.

I think too this relentless heat, is not making for happy campers of man or garden! :)

Wow,what a tree.

Moso bamboo (Phyllostachys pubescens) is the largest temperate bamboo species on earth. 'Moso' can grow to over 75 feet in height and 7 + inches in diameter, at maturity. These Moso seedlings have shown exceptional vigor and promise to give you a great start on your own Moso grove.

What is a Moso grove?

Well, just doing a quick web search, it sure looks like the giant timber bamboo, that grows in many places on the Island, certainly near me anyway...

My neighbours & I cut many stems for trellises etc, last year... some where a good 6" at the base... & grow to a good height... 60 to 70 feet. These clumps are well established. The worst thing is when cutting you get an itch from the Bamboo when cutting... so be warned of that.... :)

Silly me, actually brought one from the local garden shop in Maenam, 100 baht I think, but it is now huge, I tried unsuccessfully to move it...earlier this year, guess it is there for good now!

I would very much doubt if you will find seed on the Samui..... ?? But ask at the local garden centres, for "Moso Bamboo", plants...

It may be too, a case of sticking 3 foot, stems in the ground... that's the way they are done in pots.... (assuming that is the variety you are looking for, and ask permission from landowner, if you can cut some to try that....).

I generally do a "plant swap" when a Thai or anyone actually, .... gives me a plant, that always works well!

Sure hope you have a large piece of property to do this.... not a plant to put close to the house, I don't think!

Jim

Wow,what a tree.

What is a Moso grove?

Well, just doing a quick web search, it sure looks like the giant timber bamboo, that grows in many places on the Island, certainly near me anyway...

My neighbours & I cut many stems for trellises etc, last year... some where a good 6" at the base... & grow to a good height... 60 to 70 feet. These clumps are well established. The worst thing is when cutting you get an itch from the Bamboo when cutting... so be warned of that.... :)

Silly me, actually brought one from the local garden shop in Maenam, 100 baht I think, but it is now huge, I tried unsuccessfully to move it...earlier this year, guess it is there for good now!

I would very much doubt if you will find seed on the Samui..... ?? But ask at the local garden centres, for "Moso Bamboo", plants...

It may be too, a case of sticking 3 foot, stems in the ground... that's the way they are done in pots.... (assuming that is the variety you are looking for, and ask permission from landowner, if you can cut some to try that....).

I generally do a "plant swap" when a Thai or anyone actually, .... gives me a plant, that always works well!

Sure hope you have a large piece of property to do this.... not a plant to put close to the house, I don't think!

Jim

Thanks Jim, i'll ask & fingers crossed..

Roo, sort your quoting out please.. :D

my wife has asked me to start a garden, thus far i have dug a trench and am now thinking of filling it with elephant and cow droppings mixed and soil from the nursery. My question is, would i have too much akoline, or is there a down side to doing this? if not what would be a suggested ratio dirt to dung? should i mix sand or gravel into the mix as well? thanks in advance.

Question about watering.

I water my younge Papaya's daily. (the eldest is 6 months)

Pomergranate's almost daily.

Banana's every other day.

The things that I note are, surface roots growing.

Should I mound earth over these roots, or am I just watering too often?

Chilli plants are in a bit of a limbo at present.

What does not stop growing are those rose like bushes. I never water them, but have to trim them every couple of weeks.

I have malaysian grass, which in some areas has been overtaken by a green, very small leaved weed, which spreads like wild fire, all interlinked.

Can I get the equivalent to 'weed & feed' in Thailand?

my wife has asked me to start a garden, thus far i have dug a trench and am now thinking of filling it with elephant and cow droppings mixed and soil from the nursery. My question is, would i have too much akoline, or is there a down side to doing this? if not what would be a suggested ratio dirt to dung? should i mix sand or gravel into the mix as well? thanks in advance.

Moved to here, as it was being orphaned in the main forum.

Getting me a bit confused here... anyway, I see what happened! :D

I guess your wife has decided you need something to do....? a good weight loss program too :) I lost 20 lbs digging my garden last year...!

To try to answer the questions... although say what you plan to grow might help too... Veggies, or flowers/shrubs????

1. The manure, should be mixed in with existing soil, since you have made the trench already.. that should be easy to do. But generally manure needs to mellow, or maybe too hot & burn the roots... I must say I have never used Elephant poo, so not sure how it does....... but the cow/ buffalo poo should be OK worked into the soil. Perhaps about 20% maximum.... it won't last that long anyway, so you will need to replenish...... again that depends on what you plan to grow...

2. As far as putting sand or gravel, it depends on what the soil conditions are like, generally I would say you don't need to, since most of the soil I have observed is pretty well drained anyway...

I'd get big bags of coconut fibre & work it in, a lot cheaper than buying small bags of soil, which is mostly coconut fibre anyway.... & then mix existing soil, manure together. Soak the soil first before planting (perhaps we will get some well needed rain this week... ?)

I find wet soil here easier to dig... at least at my place, where it is not too gravelly.

There are two kinds of coconut fibre, one is very fine (better for your purpose) the other is about 1/2" to 1" chunks... I know the Maenam or Ban Tai Nurseries usually have.

Be prepared for the weeds to grow too, weed seeds spring to life after a dry period! :D

Hope that helps. Jim

I would think elephant manure would be similar to cow and buffalo, ie not too hot, but really, thats just a guess. Chicken manure is quite a bit hotter than cow and buffalo manure. ie hot as in they actually physically heat up--let it compost a bit before planting or your plants will fry.

I going to try to answer this along side each question you have asked.

Question about watering.

I water my young Papaya's daily. (the eldest is 6 months)

Young ones I would say yes... but from observing my Thai neighbours after they are established, you don't need to do so often... This applies to all the watering questions. Once roots are established they will pick up moisture from below... If you see plants "flagging/ wilting" that a tell tale sign of needing a good drink

I rarely water my established bananas or papayas, they seem to keep producing!

Should I mound earth over these roots, or am I just watering too often? I think a case of water less often, but when you do, give a good soak.... If water runs off, work up the hard soil a little, so it goes down! it won't harm to top up the soil, providing you don't go up the stem on most plants

Chilli plants are in a bit of a limbo at present. Yes!, too hot I think! Some shade cloth may help. I notice the locals do that...or grow them in part shade...

What does not stop growing are those rose like bushes. (huh??? now what are they?) :D I never water them, but have to trim them every couple of weeks. Some plants just send down good roots & become very drought tolerant, once they are established....

I have malaysian grass, which in some areas has been overtaken by a green, very small leaved weed, which spreads like wild fire, all interlinked.

Is it the prickly stuff, that closes it leaves when you touch it? If so, pull out by gloved hand or small troll ... prevent it from seeding... which means cut the grass more often or whack the flower heads off with a weed whacker! (same with all weeds, prevent them from seeding!)

Not that I have seen, Fertilizer yes, but the only weed killer I know of here, is "Gly-Phosphate" (Same pronouncation in Thai) or Round Up. as called in North America... but it kills anything that is green... not useful for weeds about to seed, as it takes 10 days or so to work & the seeds will pop & the cycle starts again.... :)

Hope that helps,

Jim

Is there a similar thread for people in Pattaya?? is the climate really that different?

I don't think there is... but would rather keep questions limited to the southern islands... as although there may not be much of a difference... having not been there I am not sure, how different it is!

Many things when it comes to the garden are much the same, world wide.... One just has to adjust to local conditions & what does or does not do in that area. ..

I know northern Thailand is much different, in that it gets much cooler at night... which makes a difference on how some plants perform... they can grow many more temperate zone plants there, as well as the "tropicals"

I try to base my answers on what I have learned & observed here on the islands... So if you or anyone has general questions... go ahead, but please don't ask for specifics of local stuff if you are not from the islands... thks!

Jim

I going to try to answer this along side each question you have asked.

Question about watering.

I water my young Papaya's daily. (the eldest is 6 months)

Young ones I would say yes... but from observing my Thai neighbours after they are established, you don't need to do so often... This applies to all the watering questions. Once roots are established they will pick up moisture from below... If you see plants "flagging/ wilting" that a tell tale sign of needing a good drink

I rarely water my established bananas or papayas, they seem to keep producing!

Should I mound earth over these roots, or am I just watering too often? I think a case of water less often, but when you do, give a good soak.... If water runs off, work up the hard soil a little, so it goes down! it won't harm to top up the soil, providing you don't go up the stem on most plants

Chilli plants are in a bit of a limbo at present. Yes!, too hot I think! Some shade cloth may help. I notice the locals do that...or grow them in part shade...

What does not stop growing are those rose like bushes. (huh??? now what are they?) :D I never water them, but have to trim them every couple of weeks. Some plants just send down good roots & become very drought tolerant, once they are established....

Is it the prickly stuff, that closes it leaves when you touch it? If so, pull out by gloved hand or small troll ... prevent it from seeding... which means cut the grass more often or whack the flower heads off with a weed whacker! (same with all weeds, prevent them from seeding!)

Not that I have seen, Fertilizer yes, but the only weed killer I know of here, is "Gly-Phosphate" (Same pronouncation in Thai) or Round Up. as called in North America... but it kills anything that is green... not useful for weeds about to seed, as it takes 10 days or so to work & the seeds will pop & the cycle starts again.... :)

Hope that helps,

Jim

Thanks Jim.

The rose like bushes come in many colours and the branches have very sharp thorns, but only become really sharp when driy. People train them into round ball shapes.

The lawn weeds...yes have those prickly ones too, but the other main weeds cover large patches with all the roots interlinked, like a mesh. It kills anything living in it. The leaves are very small, but tens of thousands of them.

@ samuiijim

ok thanks and great thread.

My question is (to all)

I have just taken out the roots of 2 big trees, and it has has left quite a bit of dead wood, (I have taken out all the big pieces of root). So should I take out all the deadwood? also I was going to get around 30 bags of compost top soil (the area is 6m square), and maybe some coconut and maybe some cow poo. Just want some advice of the quantities. I want to plant some nice flowers there, and want to have maybe 2 feature plants, which I can light up in the evening? any ideas peeps?

Also would like to say that the flower pics are awesome!

The rose like bushes come in many colours and the branches have very sharp thorns, but only become really sharp when dry. People train them into round ball shapes.

The lawn weeds...yes have those prickly ones too, but the other main weeds cover large patches with all the roots interlinked, like a mesh. It kills anything living in it. The leaves are very small, but tens of thousands of them.

As for the "Rose like" I think you are talking about Bougainvillea ... ? Easy to grow & very drought tolerant, once established.... they graft to make multicoloured plants....

See picture! Is that it? :D comes in many colours....

[i]As for your grass weeds, it's a tough one...sounds too far gone... :) as mentioned before you must prevent from seeding... and pull out the offending plants... yes very tedious! Or start again.... I hesitate to suggest weed killers, since so many shallow wells, in many areas.[/i]

That's where gardening is the same the world over.... keep on top of things before it gets on top of you!!! :D

Oh darn! the picture uploaded twice, it does not show up in preview! :D

post-85461-1272514453_thumb.jpg

@ samuiijim

ok thanks and great thread.

My question is (to all)

I have just taken out the roots of 2 big trees, and it has has left quite a bit of dead wood, (I have taken out all the big pieces of root). So should I take out all the deadwood? also I was going to get around 30 bags of compost top soil (the area is 6m square), and maybe some coconut and maybe some cow poo. Just want some advice of the quantities. I want to plant some nice flowers there, and want to have maybe 2 feature plants, which I can light up in the evening? any ideas peeps?

Also would like to say that the flower pics are awesome! :)

Oh you little devil, making such nice comments :D ....

Better to get out as much as rotting wood /roots as you can, it will eventually rot, & either cause a sink hole or you may end up with fairy rings / fungi.... But if you can smash into fairly small pieces, just work into the soil.... not too thick... it's going to add organic matter...

As for quantities, it depends on the soil you already have... but I would try to dig a hole at least twice as wide & twice as deep, & plant... if gravelly soil, then use more soil/ poo etc. If the soil is not too bad, then enough to get the plants going.

When planting plants from pots, be sure to slit the roots, or pull them apart a little, as otherwise roots will continue to grow in circles...

The first year is more critical to keeping roots moist, while they develop...

As for ideas, hard to say without knowing the situation... personally I like many of the Hibiscus... they grow fast ( as do many things here, if you water & fertilize).

Cuttings, I made last year, are now 10 feet tall...even after a few trimmings... The common red one is nice, but there are some double varieties... check your local garden shop....!

post-85461-1272516637_thumb.jpg

great tip about the roots!,

Had them hibiscus before from a nursey, they got diseased with some bug, and infected the whole garden :)

Will give them another go, I like your idea of cuttings, could you explain a little more of how do that, I have read all the posts, but am a little slow on this.

Also my grass seems to be two different types, what I call elephant grass, and the normal grass, so how do I get rid of the elephant and promote the normal grass?

it's a good thing it cool & looks like rain today.... :)

great tip about the roots!,

Had them hibiscus before from a nursery, they got diseased with some bug, and infected the whole garden :D

Must be a Pattyatta thing....:D Just kidding!

Another thing to keep on top of is spraying, or cut off & burn as you see things start being attacked ... Mealy Bug, seems to be something I see a bit of on Hibiscus ... sometimes, again a case of being on top of things.... I hate spraying, but occasionally it is a necessary evil... although there are some "organic things" available BS 2 (Neem tree Oil)... for insects,. You'll need to see what your local garden centres have... & get a 2 litre sprayer.

Will give them another go, I like your idea of cuttings, could you explain a little more of how do that, I have read all the posts, but am a little slow on this.

Well not been at this that long, so not everything covered... & never will be!

The list is too long & complicated as to what plants will grow from sticking stems in the ground, I am still learning, but I have a 12 year old "Garden Genius", who knows all & lives next door.. ... (he really does) so I ask him, and get a yes or no about "making babies" as he calls it... really amazing kid...yes Thai, the exchange is his English is getting pretty good :D .

But, use the two year old wood , of say Hibiscus & cut into about 12 inch lengths & sit them in pots or the ground & keep them in shade & moisten the foliage a few times a day... although rainy season make it easier to do it

Some day when I have time, I'll try to add info, to my Picasa link... But don't hold your breath... :D

Also my grass seems to be two different types, what I call elephant grass, and the normal grass, so how do I get rid of the elephant and promote the normal grass?

Oh my! Well I think we determined the Elephant grass is Malaysian Grass, a few posts back... but the wild native grass looks almost the same, but not as tidy, so it begs the question are you keeping the wild grasses from seeding ... ? If it is small area might be easier to dig over & start over????

OK sun's out... so am I!

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Does any one knw where I can buy a leaf blower for clearing about 2500 sq meters, mostly leaves and small twigs.

Any recommendations on brands , power and an estimation of price.

From web research looks like electric is not going to do it and gas is the way to go and something with some power at that.

Cheers

Nirvana

Archived