Why To Stay In Nong Kai/udon?

kevbap

hello, having just been refused entry to Laos, i found myself wandering the streets of Nong kai, looking for a cheap hotel whilst planning what to do next! After going to Bangkok and the British embassy i am now heading back there next week to await my new passport, and need some very cheap accommodation.

Bangkok can be expensive! (stating the obvious) so, any suggestions? found a cheap hotel in the center of the town, but didnt get a good feeling from there so maybe i could rent an apartment or house for a month?

thanks guys, Kevin

same goes for Udon Thani, as my fiancee just had surgery at the Aek Udon International Hospital and being from Laos wont be to difficult for her to visit me, and bring food parcels! :)

Aek Udon International Hospital has nice & clean apartments for rent. It is the building directly next to and behind the actual hospital. Great rooms that used to rent from about 4,000 to 10,000 a month. I stayed there for 3 months and it was quiet and safe and walking distance to the night market.

Another place (I never stayed at) but have never heard really bad things about is a place called Top Mansion about 1 click away from the Aek Hospital. All the tuk tuk drivers know where Top Mansion is plus at Top M. you are directly across the street from a German cafe which has really good breakfasts, lunches and dinners.

Good luck.

I miss Udon

hello, having just been refused entry to Laos

So tell us the dirty. Why were you refused entry to Lao? :)

Quite simply ran out of full pages for the visa, totally my fault, i had just spent $35 for a 28 day visa and then had to leave Laos, after only 7 days stay to take my fiancee to Aek Udon Hospital for emergency surgery. Suppose my head wasn't switched on! it will never happen again, it's costing me a fortune to stay in Thailand without a job and short stay visa!!!

Sorry couldn't make it more juicy than that.

Aek Udon International Hospital has nice & clean apartments for rent. It is the building directly next to and behind the actual hospital. Great rooms that used to rent from about 4,000 to 10,000 a month. I stayed there for 3 months and it was quiet and safe and walking distance to the night market.

Another place (I never stayed at) but have never heard really bad things about is a place called Top Mansion about 1 click away from the Aek Hospital. All the tuk tuk drivers know where Top Mansion is plus at Top M. you are directly across the street from a German cafe which has really good breakfasts, lunches and dinners.

Good luck.

I miss Udon

Thanks matey, where r u now???

hello, having just been refused entry to Laos

So tell us the dirty. Why were you refused entry to Lao? :)

Quite simply ran out of full pages for the visa, totally my fault, i had just spent $35 for a 28 day visa and then had to leave Laos, after only 7 days stay to take my fiancee to Aek Udon Hospital for emergency surgery. Suppose my head wasn't switched on! it will never happen again, it's costing me a fortune to stay in Thailand without a job and short stay visa!!!

Sorry couldn't make it more juicy than that.

The learning carve is not free. :D

yeah but i know in years to come i am going to be laughing bout this and you know what, i hope it teaches other people about the situation, and the affects.

i will get back online after i get my passport back and return to Laos, electric and internet allowing hahahahaa.

just keep :)

Good luck.

I miss Udon

sorry just another guy/girl ??? you made me laugh with your I 'Miss Udon' have you got any sisters Miss Udon hehehe

I Kevin kab!

Ermmm the boss has spoken ! her in doors wants to stay in Nongkai as she is recovering from her operation, and wants to be with me, but has to work online and at home. Her head office is in Vientiane so she can still use her work phone. She's something to do with 'micro-credit' working with the UNODC in the very northern part of Laos.

so any wi-fi friendly area's in Nongkai???? ok im cheap, but i rented a house in koh Samui for only 3000 baht amonth and after moving in found that i could pick up free wi-fi from the building next door! bargain !

thanks guys :)