A Salute To The French

"France vs. Germany - WWI 1914-1918 A.D. (Germany beats the ###### out of France - without the aid of USA, France would be speaking German. France only won because of Uncle Sam jumped in - then those dumbass sore-winners in France impose an incredibly harsh Treaty of Versailles to 'punish' the Germans. Notice the resulting conditions of this allowed the rise of an unknown Austrian named HITLER."

-----------------------------------------------------

USA only got involved in WW1 in the summer of 1918, and only accounted for 2% of the allies casualties,

Also it wasnt Germany vs France, its a little more complicated than that.

"The outbreak of the conflict is often attributed to the alliances established over the previous decades — Germany-Austria-Italy vs France-Russia; Britain and Serbia being aligned with the latter. In fact, none of the alliances were activated in the initial outbreak, though Russian general mobilization and Germany's declaration of war against France were motivated by fear of the opposing alliance being brought into play.

Britain declared war against Germany on August 4. This was ostensibly provoked by Germany's invasion of Belgium on August 4, 1914, whose independence Britain had guaranteed to uphold in the Treaty of London of 1839, and which stood astride the planned German route for invasion of Russia's ally France. Unofficially, it was already generally accepted in government that Britain could not remain neutral, since without the co-operation of France and Russia its colonies in Africa and India would be under threat, while German occupation of the French Atlantic ports would be an even larger threat to British trade as a whole."

It was U.S. forces, and the tank (our little baby, by the way) that broke the stalmate of first world war. Look up the French rule for sending its own forces outside the borders of its country, I think you will find it interesting. There is a reason why the foreign legion are the ones who end up doing the peace keeping missions for France. France will never match the military and economic power of the U.S. and for that reason they will hate us. The want to control the E.U. but they can't even going a month without a national strike shutting the country down. French workers go on strike when they have to work more than 35 hours a week. The average American works 60 hours a week by the way. Of all European nations, France gives much less to charities than anybody else. Sure, you would hang out at a party with France but would you want to be in a foxhole with France? Nah, don't think so, buddy.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tanks where first used properly in Battle in 1916, the USA didnt show up till 1918 by which time British Tanks had already been being used for nearly 2 years.

I'm really not sure what you have learned in school, but the USA certainly didnt invent the first tank, or drive it, or fight in it.

A little history on the first "tank"

Together the Landships Committee and the Inventions Committee, working with Colonel Swinton, agreed to go ahead with the design of the new weapon, which at that time remained nameless.

They therefore commissioned Lieutenant Walter Wilson of the Naval Air Service and William Tritton of William Foster & Co., based in Lincoln, to produce the first landship in secrecy. Its codename, given because the shape of the shell resembled water carriers, was 'tank'; the name, assigned in December 1915, stuck.

Swinton laid down certain key criteria that he argued must be part of the finished design. The tank must boast a minimum speed of four miles per hour, be able to climb a five foot high obstacle, successfully span a five foot trench, and - critically - be immune to the effects of small-arms fire. Furthermore, it should possess two machine guns, have a range of twenty miles and be maintained by a crew of ten men.

St. Chamond tanks in formationThis first tank was given the nickname 'Little Willie' (soon followed by 'Big Willie') and, as with its predecessors, possessed a Daimler engine. Weighing some 14 tons and bearing 12 feet long track frames, the tank could carry three people in cramped conditions. In the event its top speed was three miles per hour on level ground, two miles per hour on rough terrain (actual battlefield conditions in fact).

Tanks where first used properly in Battle in 1916, the USA didnt show up till 1918 by which time British Tanks had already been being used for nearly 2 years.

I'm really not sure what you have learned in school, but the USA certainly didnt invent the first tank, or drive it, or fight in it.

A little history on the first "tank"

Together the Landships Committee and the Inventions Committee, working with Colonel Swinton, agreed to go ahead with the design of the new weapon, which at that time remained nameless.

They therefore commissioned Lieutenant Walter Wilson of the Naval Air Service and William Tritton of William Foster & Co., based in Lincoln, to produce the first landship in secrecy.  Its codename, given because the shape of the shell resembled water carriers, was 'tank'; the name, assigned in December 1915, stuck.

Swinton laid down certain key criteria that he argued must be part of the finished design.  The tank must boast a minimum speed of four miles per hour, be able to climb a five foot high obstacle, successfully span a five foot trench, and - critically - be immune to the effects of small-arms fire.  Furthermore, it should possess two machine guns, have a range of twenty miles and be maintained by a crew of ten men.

St. Chamond tanks in formationThis first tank was given the nickname 'Little Willie' (soon followed by 'Big Willie') and, as with its predecessors, possessed a Daimler engine.  Weighing some 14 tons and bearing 12 feet long track frames, the tank could carry three people in cramped conditions.  In the event its top speed was three miles per hour on level ground, two miles per hour on rough terrain (actual battlefield conditions in fact).

Wrong again. The U.S. developed the tank. The first practical tank used in combat was the british. You don't want to go one on one with me. The point of this thread is that, as a culture, France is a mockery of itself. You are either french or a francophile...pathetic on either accounts. The first firts armored vehicles was not a tank either.... francophile boy.

They probably can't, however it would have nothing to do with me seeing as Im British.

When you learn to use punctuation, like for instance full stops, perhaps then you can take me up on writing "your" in place of "you're".

Don't be so defensive Ben. Me thinks your posts do not belong here, or have you forgotten where you are.

You should be on the history channel, Froggy.

Wrong again.  The U.S. developed the tank.  The first practical tank used in combat was the british.  You don't want to go one on one with me.  The point of this thread is that, as a culture, France is a mockery of itself.  You are either french or a francophile...pathetic on either accounts.  The first firts armored vehicles was not a tank either.... francophile boy.

No, thats wrong - the USA developed tracks only. I will leave this thread be, far too many internet tough guys in here for me and people still calling me French (even after myself stating otherwise).

How quickly Americans forget their country was founded only with the help of France, They should take the Statue of Liberty back IMO.

They probably can't, however it would have nothing to do with me seeing as Im British.

When you learn to use punctuation, like for instance full stops, perhaps then you can take me up on writing "your" in place of "you're".

That's the funny thing about the British, they invented the English language and they can't speak it. :o

Nonononononoooooo.......no history lesson on Germanic languages please.... :D

A lion in the zoo was lying in the sun licking its rear end when a visitor turned to the zoo keeper and said, "That's a docile old thing isn't it?"

"No way," said the zoo keeper, "it's the most ferocious beast in the zoo. Why just an hour ago it dragged a Frenchman into the cage and completely devoured him."

"Hardly seems possible" said the astonished visitor, "but why is it lying there licking its rear?"

"The poor thing is trying to get the taste out of its mouth."

The French Tennis Open for this year has been canceled due to a National crisis.

They have plenty of rackets...but no balls!!

Q: Why don't they have fireworks at Euro Disney?

A: Because every time they shoot them off, the French try to surrender.

Q: What do you call a Frenchman advancing on Baghdad?

A: A salesman.

France is miserable because it is filled with Frenchmen, and Frenchmen are miserable because they live in France. - Mark Twain

"France has neither winter nor summer nor morals. Apart from these drawbacks it is a fine country. France has usually been governed by prostitutes." ----Mark Twain

Next time there's a war in Europe, the loser has to keep France.

"You know why the French don't want to bomb Saddam Hussein?

Because he hates America, he loves mistresses and wears a beret.

He is French." --Conan O'Brien

"The French are a smallish, monkey-looking bunch and not dressed any better, on average, than the citizens of Baltimore. True, you can sit outside in Paris and drink little cups of coffee, but why this is more stylish than sitting inside and drinking large glasses of whiskey I don't know." --- P.J O'Rourke (1989)

and the piece de resistance.......

Dear Abby:

I am a crack dealer in New Jersey who has recently been diagnosed as a carrier of the HIV virus. My parents live in a suburb of Philadelphia and one of my sisters, who lives in Bensenville, is married to a transvestite.

My father and mother have recently been arrested for growing and selling marijuana and are currently dependent on my other two sisters, who are prostitutes in Jersey City.

I have two brothers. One is currently serving a non-parole life sentence in Attica for murder of a teenage boy in 1994.The other brother is currently being held in the Wellington Remand Center on charges of sexual misconduct with his three children.

I have recently become engaged to marry a former Thai prostitute who lives in the Bronx and is still a part time "working girl" in a brothel.

All things considered, my main problem is this. I love my fiancée and look forward to bringing her into the family and I certainly want to be  totally honest with her. Should I tell her about my distant cousin who is French?

A bien tot....

Look up French victories on google and select feeling lucky :o:D:D