BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
svenivan

Where To Meet New Friends ?

Oh I forgot about that one.

I've not been to one yet. Is it well attended ?

Reportedly there were 12 in attendance last month, with no speaker. There were more like 30 today, I would guess. Top US consular from Chiang Mai was the speaker. Perhaps that upped the head count today.

30 , I would have guessed at 50 plus but what do I know. maybe a lot of us don't consider ourselves expats . I certainly don't

I'm not at all convinced that this club will ever reach critical mass. We are such a diverse and widely dispersed group of individuals, I'm not sure what this club has to offer, other than a place to make a few new friends from time to time.

Sponsorship seems hard to come by. Even the cheap and meager facilities of the Inn Come Hotel seem to be beyond the present means of the club.

If interested they meet on the first Saturday of each month, 10am at the Inn Come Hotel, at least for now.

I'm not at all convinced that this club will ever reach critical mass. We are such a diverse and widely dispersed group of individuals, I'm not sure what this club has to offer, other than a place to make a few new friends from time to time.

Sponsorship seems hard to come by. Even the cheap and meager facilities of the Inn Come Hotel seem to be beyond the present means of the club.

If interested they meet on the first Saturday of each month, 10am at the Inn Come Hotel, at least for now.

Yes, yes, that's all well and fine. But is their coffee any good? And is it free?

Yes, yes, that's all well and fine. But is their coffee any good? And is it free?

I think I recall there was a entrance fee or something, so the coffee's included in the price. Maybe VF can verify when he's had his fix this morning and done some fixating on that View of His. Its just possible he could be viewing a different Scene this morning.

Well, if there is a fee, I'll probably save my money, ride out to your place and have one of those 5 baht cups you offer. Perhaps we could get VF as the speaker. Now THAT'S an Expat meeting!

150 baht gets you a cheap and tawdry cup of coffee and an earful of annoying questions.

Yes indeed a different view this morning. Water, water, everywhere. What a miserable night's sleep. The thunder hardly letup at all last night. We did need the water, though.

Weather never keeps me a wake, what do the say about the sleep of the just?

Weather never keeps me a wake, what do the say about the sleep of the just?

Just what? :)

It's a well known fact that the just sleep better than the unjust.

Unfortunately although the rain falls equally on the just and the unjust, the just get wetter.

A problem that's baffled scholars for years.

They finally worked out that it's because the unjust has usually nicked the just's umbrella. :)

It's ok, I was just about to leave anyway.....

How can you be so clever, so early in the morning? I'm only just able to sort out this new TV format.

Yeah, the juries still out on that one.

I've seen it on other forums, not sure if it's any better.

If it ain't broke why fix it?

It loads way faster, and has all kinds of bells and whistles, both for members and mods.

Still navigating and learning some of these features.....

It loads way faster, and has all kinds of bells and whistles, both for members and mods.

Still navigating and learning some of these features.....

I tend to agree. :)

The problem with restyling forums is that the tech savvy tend to see the advantages very quickly, while the dummies, who are often better posters :) fall behind again, often after taking years to learn all the bells and whistles in the old system.

Frustration sets in.

Why can't anyone tell me what the "blog this" button is for?