"b" Visa Run To Vienteine

thailandbluegrass

Hi folks. Sorry if this is an old question but I did search it first. I will have all my paperwork for a "B" Visa next week and will need to go to Vienteine and am just wondering the cheapest way to do this? In Bkk I used Jack Golf Tours to do this before and the total including Mini van and hotel for 1 night was 4,600 baht. Just wondering if there are any tour companies in CM offering the same service or if anyone can suggest the best way to do this?

My previous with Jack Golf Tours was for my 60 day tourist visa so I'm not sure what the cost for non immigrant "B" will be if anyone knows including everything? I am Canadian so maybe have to pay a bit more not sure. :)

You can get the bus from Arcade bus station. 613 baht 1 way to udon thani, VIP leaves 8pm, then transfer to other bus station and get a bus into vientienne. Easy to find a hotel when you get there, but sort your passport out first.

If you dont want to mess about with buses, i asked in a travel shop and they said mini-bus to vientienne (or maybe just Nong Khai) was 1400 baht. (+ hotel on top i think) any travel shop will sort that out.

Good luck

Yes 4600 baht from Bangkok. I am Canadian so for some reason we pay an extra 1000 baht or something. Also that included the bust to and from Vienteine, Hotel for one night with meals, they did all the paperwork etc too so I thought thats not to bad. If you do it yourself its around 800 baht each way via VIP bus, Taxi from friendship bridge AND back, tuk tuk from Immigration to the hotel, the hotel cost, tuk tuk back the next day to immigration. ME doing all the paper workand not getting to the front of the que, SO if you ad all that up 4600 wasn't so bad. It was the 60 day double entry visa with the 30 day extension at immigration in Bkk then the other 30 days with the border run.

I cannot just go to Mae Sai for a "B" visa.

Thnx bolx for the info but are there no VIP buses that leave CM strait to Nongkhai? I know I have to do reasearch myself but this is always a good start here if anyone else knows. :)

I will ask a few tour companies on Monday. Will post my trip after. lol.

I have a truck but Oil is not at its best these days. Anyone else have to go on the 24th wanna split the gas etc I would sure do that. :D

There are VIP buses that do go to Nong Khai. The trouble is you have to search for them as they seem to cater to Thais only for some reason. My g/f used pantip.com to find the VIP bus we took to Nong Khai last time. The bus was a brand new double-decker and was super comfortable. We had to go out of the city center to board the bus. I was the only farang on there.

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun ThailandBlueGrass,

1. Khun Elektrified : to my knowledge there have never been any direct Chiang Mai to Nong Khai buses; perhaps at some time there were mini-vans ?

2. two tour companies operate buses to Udon Thani at the Arcade Bus Station near the Superhighway across the road, roughly, from where Carrefour is.

3. many discussions in the past on ThaiVisa main forum about Visas, with, usually, lots of reports about Vientiane : (think about moving this post there ?) :

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Thai-visas-r...permits-f1.html

much TV discussion both here and on the main visa forum of the two tour companies travelling CM to Udon Thani, one of which is called Oosuksatour : in the past the consensus was that Oosuksatour had much more comfortable newer buses than the other company, but last I heard the other company was upgrading its buses : maybe they are comparable now ?

I have used Oosuksatour twice in the last year : new buses are huge, VIP class seats very large. As usual the buses are kept vrey cold, but the company does give you a light-weight quilted blanket. I usually carry both socks and a scarf in case my feet get cold, or I can't adjust the air con not to blow directly on my head.

4. Khun Bolx says :

"1 way to udon thani, VIP leaves 8pm, then transfer to other bus station and get a bus into vientienne" :

You can't take the bus from Udon Thani to Vientiane unless you already have an approved Laos Visa, and you can't get that in Udon Thani !

You need to take the bus from Udon Thani to Nongkhai, then from Nongkhai to the Friendship Bridge. The place to get the bus to Nongkhai is a long way from the bus station where the direct bus to Vientiane can be taken by those valid visas.

5. Exit Thai immigration, pay any overstay : go across the bridge.

6. Enter Laos immigration have US $30 in cash and a photo. Fill out application : wait.

7. Exit Laos immigration : you'll be swarmed by people wanting to take you into Vientiane : bargain with them, or try and collect a group of fellow travellers and get a group price.

8. Recommended hotel in Vientiane : Mekong Sunshine, about 800-1000 baht per night including breakfast. Nice hotel, nice people, nice clean rooms, quiet in spite of the night club next door. Not close to Thai Consular services building, but easy to get transportation to it, or back from it. Some rooms at Mekong Sunshine have views of the near dried-up Mekong.

We know nothing about the type of your visa or fees required because you are Canadian. But, in regards to tourist visas :

In spite of the Thai government's saying free double-entry tourist visas since April 4th. : if you read the incoming posts on ThaiVisa's main forum on visas (where you should be reading to get current updates), you will hear that people in Cambodia, Malaysia, and Laos are all getting charged for visas, about 1000 baht per entry, and if they ask about why they are not free ... since the Thai TAT announced the program ... the answer they get is that the "consulate has not been notified yet."

Your mileage may vary : this offer may not be valid in you state, and local rules and conditions apply.

good luck, ~o:37;

Edited by orang37

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun ThailandBlueGrass,

1. Khun Elektrified : to my knowledge there have never been any direct Chiang Mai to Nong Khai buses; perhaps at some time there were mini-vans ?

good luck, ~o:37;

You are right. I meant Udon Thani. My mistake.

Edited by elektrified

Dear Elekrified,

Can you ask your gf the name of the company you used and where in CM you got the bus please? If you can please even call me at 089-250-1078 Timor just reply even private then I will be notofied viw email I have a reply. I need to leave this comming Sunday and had noluck with www.pantip.com

There are VIP buses that do go to Nong Khai. The trouble is you have to search for them as they seem to cater to Thais only for some reason. My g/f used pantip.com to find the VIP bus we took to Nong Khai last time. The bus was a brand new double-decker and was super comfortable. We had to go out of the city center to board the bus. I was the only farang on there.