Charley Browns Mexican Food

Thaiquila

I was down in Pattya and ate at Tequila Reef and that that was Pretty good

A few people have recommended TR, but I am from Northern Cal and I thought it looked great, but was sh*te!

A perfect looking super-burrito covered with something that tasted like a really strong barbeque sauce ( they called it "enchilda sauce") and completely ruined the texture and taste of the ingredients inside.

Maybe they would be OK if you got rid of the cloying sauce, but I really doubt it. :o

• 2 weeks later...

Popped by Charly Browns for dinner tonight- First, they brought a bowl of freebie tortilla chips with excellent homemade salsa (not spicy enuff for me but then, I could have cayenne on cereal;)

First order: Beef tacos combo-one soft shell, one hard, both delicious, fully loaded and came with a side of mexican rice (arroy) and a side of refried beans both of which were very unique n tasty.

2cnd order: Quesadillas special- they had a special on Feta cheese/spinach/ mushroom. The friendly Brit manager (Chris) came over and introduced himself and sorted it so we could have a half chicken quesadilla and half feta special on one plate. Thx Chris! Also came with salsa and sour cream on the side.

The bill? A paltry 440 baht and a return trip is def in order :o

"Au contrare," my tongue argues...

I think the former owner was American though. Now, America's a bit closer to Mexico. Does that help any? :o

But really, what does it matter what nationality the managers/owners are, as long as the food comes out great (as can be seen by testimonials above)?

Really cant understand why anyone could rate Mince and Refried beans AND maybe an avocado as something you really want to eat when you have all this beautiful Thai food.

As for T reef...well i suppose if your American its the same as going to all those aweful English pubs on Pattaya because you just miss the home countries non cuisine.

"Au contrare," my tongue argues...

I think the former owner was American though. Now, America's a bit closer to Mexico. Does that help any?  :o

But really, what does it matter what nationality the managers/owners are, as long as the food comes out great (as can be seen by testimonials above)?

Really cant understand why anyone could rate Mince and Refried beans  AND maybe an avocado as something you really want to eat when you have all this beautiful Thai food.

After you have eaten all this beautiful Thai food every day for 15 years a little variety becomes a necessity. :o

You just missed avocado season. From June to November they are quite cheap, and if you know what to look for, good quality.

There is another shorter season during the winter, but I don't know when.

You can buy imported ones all year round at the big supermarkets, but the price is prohibitive. :o