Page Of Remembrance

Limbo

I was informed this morning of the passing away last night of Golfer - TONY GALLAGHER .

Tony was a well respected and funny man who always had people laughing when in his company and will be sadly missed by myself and his friends here in Chiang Rai . My deepest condolences go out to Tony's wife and family .

The news on the vine was that Tony crashed his car on his way home last night , there are no other details at this time . Funeral arrangements will be posted here for those who want to attend as and when I get the information .

R.I.P. Tony .

Regards to All.

Sun.

Heard this devastating news this morning. I`m currently in the UK.

Tony was one of my best friends and I will miss him Immensely.

My thoughts are with his wife and kids. And I know he will be sorely missed by many people in Chiang Rai. A real character who would not think twice about going out of his way to help you if he could.

I`ll miss you mate. I know you`ll be up there still trying to help people swing that thing properly.

Stuart.

Wow, this is just so sad... As Stuart, John and others said, Tony was really a great guy and one of my favorite people. Of all the rounds of golf we played and all the beers we drank together at Pat's and other CR venues, there wasn't a moment I didn't enjoy. Except maybe when we both had a few too many and his Yorkshire accent and obtuse jokes got a bit too incomprehensible to my delicate American ears! I miss him already and the world just got a little sadder...

If anyone has any updates on services or anything else, please post details here.

R.I.P. Tony and my heartfelt condolences to his wife, family, and his many, many friends who I know are feeling the same emptiness inside that I am.

(Cat House) Mike O.

Had alot of good times with Tony both on and off the golf course. He was a big personality with an even bigger heart. Always willing to help out, especially with a suffering golf swing. I had a few sunset cocktails with him at the village bar a few nights ago. Hard to believe I will never see his trademark blue truck at the village bar again, it was always a welcome sight.

Rest in Peace Tony, you will not be forgotten.

post-3359-0-51912300-1335500387_thumb.jp

The sad passing of Robert Walker (Pineapple Bob)

Bob lost his battle with cancer today peacefully at home aged 75.

Bob was one of the first pioneers of expats to reside in Chiangrai over 30 years ago, he farmed about 50 rai

of now prime land opposite the Mae Fah Luang University.He will be sadly missed by family and friends

Rest in peace Bob

Just learned this.

Very sorry learn it.

I knew Bob from 20 years ago and a good man, have fond memories of him.

Phil Williams.

Information given to me today but at late notice is that the funeral of Tony Gallagher will take place at the Temple on the banks of the Lakes at Ratchapat University tomorrow 02/05/12 . Some ThaiVisa members and others will meet up at Pat and Tony (Eyebrows) bar at 12 noon and travel up in convoy as not so many know where the WAT(temple) is.

On the super highway heading North to Mae Sai , when you reach the traffic lights at the junction for Ratchapat University , Turn LEFT at the lights and drive down to the end of the road. The road splits into 2 lanes, take the left hand lane and NOT the one that goes into the university . Follow the road down the hill and keep going all the way until you hit the first lake . A little further along the road on the left is where the temple is , its the same place where you can buy food to feed the huge catfish from the pontoon directly opposite the temple. If I get any further information or corrections I will post it here ASAP .

I am told the service at the Wat starts at 1pm .

Edited by sunholidaysun1

Information given to me today but at late notice is that the funeral of Tony Gallagher will take place at the Temple on the banks of the Lakes at Ratchapat University tomorrow 02/05/12 . Some ThaiVisa members and others will meet up at Pat and Tony (Eyebrows) bar at 12 noon and travel up in convoy as not so many know where the WAT(temple) is.

On the super highway heading North to Mae Sai , when you reach the traffic lights at the junction for Ratchapat University , Turn LEFT at the lights and drive down to the end of the road. The road splits into 2 lanes, take the left hand lane and NOT the one that goes into the university . Follow the road down the hill and keep going all the way until you hit the first lake . A little further along the road on the left is where the temple is , its the same place where you can buy food to feed the huge catfish from the pontoon directly opposite the temple. If I get any further information or corrections I will post it here ASAP .

I am told the service at the Wat starts at 1pm .

Here is a map that show how to go but turn left already in BanDu just after passing the walkover bridge.

post-29230-0-02645200-1335862951_thumb.j

After you turn left you will pass old Hamburger One (popular bar years ago).

Edited by svenivan

• 4 months later...

I just heard today that Chuck died 6 weeks ago.

He died in a hospital in Chiang Mai where he was treated for lungcancer and he also had a stroke.

His daughter from US came over to take care of her father during his last months.

The funeral was in Chiang Mai two weeks ago and 4 friends from Chiang Rai attended.

post-29230-0-60923800-1347974291_thumb.j

Chuck was a very nice and good guy. He played tennis 5-6 times a week, he was out on his bicycle

and he used his pool for swimming regurlary.

He was always friendly and it was a pleasure to sit and talk to him.

RIP Chuck, you were a good guy !

Sven

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Frankie passed away last weekend. I don't have a photo and can't recall his last name, but some of you'all know him as the fellow who was often involved with computers. He was a big guy (but not fat) with a big appetite for food and life. Quite opinionated and leaning to 'conspiracy theories.'

He was half Korean (mother) and half Filipino. Grew up in the SF Bay area of California.

He died young, about 51, of physical issues (heart and lungs?) while visiting Bangkok. Sad.

Frankie passed away last weekend. I don't have a photo and can't recall his last name, but some of you'all know him as the fellow who was often involved with computers. He was a big guy (but not fat) with a big appetite for food and life. Quite opinionated and leaning to 'conspiracy theories.'

He was half Korean (mother) and half Filipino. Grew up in the SF Bay area of California.

He died young, about 51, of physical issues (heart and lungs?) while visiting Bangkok. Sad.

Met him a few years ago through a mutual friend in Chiang Mai, nice guy, RIP.

This link may help. Frank Bishop Sorry I didn't know him.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

The sad passing of Robert Walker (Pineapple Bob)

Bob lost his battle with cancer today peacefully at home aged 75.

Bob was one of the first pioneers of expats to reside in Chiangrai over 30 years ago, he farmed about 50 rai

of now prime land opposite the Mae Fah Luang University.He will be sadly missed by family and friends

Rest in peace Bob

I only just saw this thread. I had the pleasure of meeting Bob on a number of occasions about 15yrs ago.

Sorry to hear of his passing, a really nice guy.

RIP

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...