Eva Air Enhanced Economy

alex100

Yes it is much better if you like more seat and legroom. As a bonus you also get higher weight allowance and priority check in/boarding. Only way to fly long haul at a reasonable price IMHO.

Can anyone commnet on the EVA Air enhanced economy service - is it much better than normal economy - they have some real cheapo's LHR - BKK at present

If it's the same as the "Evergreen Deluxe" I flew a few years back, it's very good in terms of seats and general attention/comfort. Haven't flown it since as I've never again seen it discounted. What price are you seeing, through whom and for when?

I think the cheapest must be from west east travel, they dropped the price to about £500 last week for July/Aug. Only problem is getting the date you want coming back. I booked TG as usual with them for Aug-but a hefty £634. However any price to get from leicester to Bkk in Aug is worth it-peter

Iuse these just cost £340+59 tax .that is with Thai Airways but they do Eva as well I beleive. :D

(just hit their site again it's still on offer )

That £340 + tax fare looks like it's one way? + £40 for round-trip? Unless I'm missing something, seems an unusual way to lay out the fares.

Shame I missed the Eva Evergreen Deluxe + Thai connection to Chiang Mai offer for £575 - unless that's one way as well? :o

Iuse these just cost £340+59 tax .that is with Thai Airways but they do Eva as well I beleive. :D

(just hit their site again it's still on offer )

That £340 + tax fare looks like it's one way? + £40 for round-trip? Unless I'm missing something, seems an unusual way to lay out the fares.

Shame I missed the Eva Evergreen Deluxe + Thai connection to Chiang Mai offer for £575 - unless that's one way as well? :o

My last return was £358! don't suppose I'll get that again(all in ).Going to pick up tickets tomorrow will post again to confirm .

I understood that to be return (the Eva- Chiang Mai offer)

Edited by roscoe

EVA Evergreen Deluxe is, admittedly, good. It is, admittedly, better than normal economy. But, eh, 'cheapos' on LHR!?

What really bothers me about Eva is their brazen pricing on BKKLHR. :o

Anyone else peeved by, or notice this...?

Here goes:

Last few times I went, flying one way to LHR on Evergreen deluxe was quoted as 50% more expensive than to AMS.

+50% !!

But it gets worse...

I just tried to book o/w BKK to AMS: Cost 20,500THB

I just tried to Book o/w BKK to LHR: Cost 35,200THB

DIFFERENCE: 70% MORE EXPENSIVE to LHR :D:D:D

...And it's not about differences in landing fees, as BAA makes more from their car parks.

Well, even if AMS's landing fees were higher than LHR's - <deleted> (...apart, i.e., from what appears to be 'rip off' profiteering) accounts for the 70% extra ticket price for one hours extra flying time on a +11 hour journey?

So, in reality, a three figure sum can be (and was!) saved if you book Evergreen Deluxe to AMS, then either take the next Easyjet to LGW, or BMI to LHR. Isn't that (at best) absurd?

And, as for the other way round - it was near on impossible, last time I attempted to make an internet booking, in any of their classes, from their website outbound from AMS-BKK, when in the UK.

No such troubles booking the punitively priced LHRBKK, when booking in the UK & on their website.

Grrrrr :D

Anyone know if you can you use the evergreen lounge at heathrow and bangkok with the evergreen deluxe / enhanced economy ticket?

John

Sadly you can't.

I think that Evergreen Deluxe is superb value for money....when discounted of course! :D !

Jusr received an email from WestEast Travel offering business class on the new 777s for 888 pounds uk.

Might raid the piggy bank for that offer.... :o

Yes, the seats are business class style and are wider with more leg room. You can actually get some sleep. Mind you the arms don't fold away, so you can't overflow into the next seat if it's empty. The last time I flew with EVA there were a couple of empty rows of 5 seats in ecconomy but I was too late to throw myself actross them!

Anyone know if you can you use the

Jusr received an email from WestEast Travel offering business class on the new 777s for 888 pounds uk.

Might raid the piggy bank for that offer.... :o

You might not get what you pay them for though. I booked with west east last month on the understanding that the ticket was a class whereby the dates could be changed without a fee. Last Nov I paid less than 500 for a ticket from them but then had to pay 100 in bkk to change the return date. No problem this time as at 636 it would be possible to change the date with no fee. Imagine my dismay when the ticket turns out to be the same Q class I had in nov with the 100 fee payable to change. On phoning <deleted>-east all I got was 'there must have been a misunderstanding' which is either they lied in the first place or have sold me a cheaper ticket at a higher price. I even asked if they had any tcikets with fixed dates and they said no. Never book with them again-peter

Is there a difference on Eva between evergreen delux and business class ? if so, what ?

A big price difference and you sit upstairs in the 747. Suspect food and amities are a little better but reports I have heard it is not worth paying the difference if your dime. Ok for an upgrade.