Having A Bad Day / Week/ Month

jubby

svenivan wrote:

1. "Ornamental Garden Pond! I have never heard about that before!"

Yes, as I have already stated, NONE of us have heard of it before. jubby's ears deceive him.

2. "Very interesting! Is it the Garden that is Ornamental or is it the Pond that is Ornamental?"

If I was to build such a thing, which I would only do in order to get jubby off my back about it, I suppose it would be a little bit interesting but not "very interesting".

3. "So Kandahar, is this a very costly operation to start an Ornamental Garden Pond?"

NO operation is costly to start. The Apollo program started with simple piece of paper with a signature on it.

4. "When will it be finished?"

This thing won't be finished until jubby is banned from the forum for posting false information. I have registered many complaints with the mods concerning jubby's unruly behavior but I think they are too busy with the CM bunch to spend time on small fry right now. I'm sure they will eventually get to this case, at which time they will be astounded at his brashness in flouting the rules. So, when they finally take this outlaw down, it will be finished.

5. "Are you going to have the monks to bless your new Ornamental Garden Pond?"

I have no faith in monks blessing anything. You shouldn't either. jubby's wife had jubby blessed by monks and look how he has turned out. It appears to me that a monk's blessing has a better chance of ruining someone's hearing than bringing about good fortune.

6. "And are you going to have an "New Ornamental Garden Pond Warming" ?"

There are hot spings, not too far from my home, that are hot enough to boil an egg. I couldn't top that, so no point in making a mediocre attempt at a heated pond and portraying it as something great when we all know it isn't

7. "And what are we bringing to the "Warming"?"

If you do come, bring money. That is always my favorite gift. In fact, you don't even have to come, Just mail it. The larger the amount, the more highly I will value our friendship.

8. "Live fish? What fish do you prefer? What size and what color?"

What the heck kind of question is this? Would you even consider bringing dead fish to put in a beautiful pond? And if you did, would the size or color even matter?

9. "Shall we bring beer? Food?"

Your previous question has caused me to doubt your judgement. I have concerns about the kind of beer and the type of food that you might show up with. So, again, let's just stick with the money thing. If you're willing to bring dead fish to a pond, who knows what you might choose for other offerings.

10. "Looking forward to the event!"

Better to spend your time looking over your shoulder. You never know when jubby will decide to leave me alone and to come after you instead.

11. "Just give us date and time and we will be there!"

Okay. I have never been much of a matchmaker but since you're asking, I'll have a go. svenivan, jubby will be your date. jubby, svenivan will be your date. Cute couple with great possibilities, especailly if your two can get a monks blessing on the thing.

12. "Thank you!"

No thanks needed

13. "Edit: Is there some special dress for an Ornamental Garden Pond Warming?

Sorry, I am not very updated about dressetiquette..."

I have never seen you in a dress. I really don't need to. I'm kind of embarrassed that you're asking me about this. jubby may have a preference. That is between you and him. Well, maybe the monk would have an opinion, too. Better to ask him and jubby this question. If you do go with the dress, please send a pic in the same envelope that you send the money in. I PROMISE I won't scan it and post it here on the forum. "Ahem."

Edited by kandahar

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I think having a monument and guards is over-doing it, but it's his pond. Maybe Jubby could borrow the guards to keep the dogs/in-laws at bay?

I hope he posts some photos too :)

The photo thing depends on what svenivan sends to me. If it is worthwhile, I'll post it here. However, if the dress thing is sounding good to anyone else out there, PLEASE send a pic to me when you have made a choice of fashion and have the thing properly fitted. I can post the pics here and we can have a kind of fashion run-off to see who can really make it work and who can't.

Of course, I have to disqualify myself from being a judge. I can see no beauty in such things. Maybe the monks got to me and my eyesight already.

Edited by kandahar

I surely can't compete with your colorful lifestyle. Things continue to idle along at a mind deadening normal here in the field. I am trying to stir things up a little, however. I've got the Phantom for sale in the classifieds and if it ever gets sold, I'm heading off to Chiang Mai to get me a Ninja. To tell the truth the wife is yet to be convinced but I think I'm getting there.

I've got a friend with a couple of new 650's and he got me hooked on a ride the other day. Almost forgot, I swear that Momo and King were nowhere near your ducks. :)

I quite fancy a Ninja myself, seem quite affordable. Now I'd really like a BMW but crazy prices. to be honest I've been doing a lot of Kms on various bikes recently and from what I've seen and experienced with Dogs, Chickens & the driving skills of the Collective , I've come to the conclusion that we're all better sticking to 4 wheels. Now I've heard the argument from experienced riders about more power, gets you out of trouble but I'm not convinced a Ninja can ride a Dogs or protect you from the collective anymore than a phantom. The chances of not ending up in Hospital by no fault of our own are somewhere between 0 and nothing.

your lovely wife will take some convincing hopefully and you'll stay safe.

As for Dogs, I'm a firm believer that all Dogs should be on a leash or lynched .

Stage one complete as the Phantom has now been sold. Still haven't convinced the wife, however. I'm getting there, but slowly. :D

Kandahar, I start to understand that there is a misunderstanding here!

My english is not so good as you probably noticed so that has probably played a joke to me!

But I really appreciated your answere to all my questions!

I must have a talk to jubby when I see him again!

Btw, I found some links about OG! (Ornamental Garden)

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-ornamental-gardens.htm

And also one about OGP ! (Ornamental Garden Pond)

http://www.wildlifegardener.co.uk/Adapting...orWildlife.html

So maby we can start a new thread just about OG and OGP ?

The last link is discussing "For those who have decided to adapt their ornamental garden pond into a pond which will attract wildlife "

So there we will have a new idea, a Wildlife Pond (WP).

If you can have a WP in an OG? Tough question!

:D:D:)

Edit: I found another very interesting link, http://www.webring.com/hub?ring=ipsring

We are talking about " Ornamental Pond Enthusiasts " (OPE) !

So how many OPE´s do we have here in Chiang Rai?

Edited by svenivan

Kandahar, I start to understand that there is a misunderstanding here!

My english is not so good as you probably noticed so that has probably played a joke to me!

But I really appreciated your answere to all my questions!

I must have a talk to jubby when I see him again!

Btw, I found some links about OG! (Ornamental Garden)

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-ornamental-gardens.htm

And also one about OGP ! (Ornamental Garden Pond)

http://www.wildlifegardener.co.uk/Adapting...orWildlife.html

So maby we can start a new thread just about OG and OGP ?

The last link is discussing "For those who have decided to adapt their ornamental garden pond into a pond which will attract wildlife "

So there we will have a new idea, a Wildlife Pond (WP).

If you can have a WP in an OG? Tough question!

:D:D:)

Edit: I found another very interesting link, http://www.webring.com/hub?ring=ipsring

We are talking about " Ornamental Pond Enthusiasts " (OPE) !

So how many OPE´s do we have here in Chiang Rai?

Oh, I see now. I would have never guessed it would come down to a language problem. Well, all is solved then.

Good luck with your wildlife pond. I don't have the space, the time or the money to pursue such an idea but, if you build it, I will come admire it. Perhaps Biff and jubby can be counted as sponsors for your endeavor. They seem to have a keen interest in such things.

I surely can't compete with your colorful lifestyle. Things continue to idle along at a mind deadening normal here in the field. I am trying to stir things up a little, however. I've got the Phantom for sale in the classifieds and if it ever gets sold, I'm heading off to Chiang Mai to get me a Ninja. To tell the truth the wife is yet to be convinced but I think I'm getting there.

I've got a friend with a couple of new 650's and he got me hooked on a ride the other day. Almost forgot, I swear that Momo and King were nowhere near your ducks. :)

I quite fancy a Ninja myself, seem quite affordable. Now I'd really like a BMW but crazy prices. to be honest I've been doing a lot of Kms on various bikes recently and from what I've seen and experienced with Dogs, Chickens & the driving skills of the Collective , I've come to the conclusion that we're all better sticking to 4 wheels. Now I've heard the argument from experienced riders about more power, gets you out of trouble but I'm not convinced a Ninja can ride a Dogs or protect you from the collective anymore than a phantom. The chances of not ending up in Hospital by no fault of our own are somewhere between 0 and nothing.

your lovely wife will take some convincing hopefully and you'll stay safe.

As for Dogs, I'm a firm believer that all Dogs should be on a leash or lynched .

Stage one complete as the Phantom has now been sold. Still haven't convinced the wife, however. I'm getting there, but slowly. :D

Man, I'm old. So old. My memory is a wreck. Help me out here, guys. Didn't a certain forum member write on these pages, not so long ago, something about not needing a big bike to go crashing into the rice paddys with? Something about a Phantom being just the right, safe size for northern Thailand riding? It seems to me that someone wrote something like that. Now, who was that........? VH? VT? VK? No......... That's not it.

Man, my memory is just do darned faulty. Who was the guy that wrote that? Lemme see. Hmmmmm. VB? No. VS? Uh, uh.

Oh well. It will come to me shortly. I'll return when it does.

Edited by kandahar

Man, I'm old. So old. My memory is a wreck. Help me out here, guys. Didn't a certain forum member write on these pages, not so long ago, something about not needing a big bike to go crashing into the rice paddys with? Something about a Phantom being just the right, safe size for northern Thailand riding? It seems to me that someone wrote something like that. Now, who was that........? VH? VT? VK? No......... That's not it.

Man, my memory is just too darned faulty. Who was the guy that wrote that? Lemme see. Hmmmmm. VB? No. VS? Uh, uh.

If you are having difficulty with your memory, why not try my favored technique of selective memory. Creativity can extend to memory as well as ornamental wildlife garden ponds. Be creative. :)

Edited by villagefarang

The lowest act that a TV member can carry out is reminding a fellow member of something he posted several days ago.

Well shame on you kandahar. :):D :D

Uh, oh! Have I breached etiquette?

Man, I didn't read anything about that in "forum etiquette". Are you making this up?!?!?!

And if you aren't, is there any way I can be forgiven by ........ Uh....... Oh, man! It still won't come to me! VB. Ummm... VQ. Oh gosh! What the heck is his handle?

Hey! Wait a minute!. I'm off the hook here. I didn't name anyone yet, did I? I'm good to go! HA! Dodged that bullet. Whew!

Edited by kandahar

Of course I'm making it up. Where else do rules and etiquette come from?

Okay. The bad news is, I have breached etiquette before. The good news is, I'm sure to do it again.

Edited by kandahar

Man, my memory is just too darned faulty. Who was the guy that wrote that? Lemme see. Hmmmmm. VB? No. VS? Uh, uh.

If you are having difficulty with your memory, why not try my favored technique of selective memory. Creativity can extend to memory as well as ornamental wildlife garden ponds. Be creative. :)

Well, of course we are all allowed to change our mind. I hope whoever it was that posted those words I have referenced does enjoy his new motorcycle. I also hope he is careful and doesn't get hurt. Bigger and faster toys seem to make us younger at certain moments and younger brains tend to make riskier decisions.

At one time in my life, I rode a 1971 Sportster. Nice bike and I loved it even though I seldom had time to take it out and enjoy it. I was lucky enough to live in wide open spaces back then and didn't have too much to worry about concerning what "the other guy" was going to do. I think that myself, the deer and the antelope were my biggest risk factors. I wouldn't ride such a bike here. I would just have too much inclination to "get up to speed" out there and I already have enough near misses with the less powerful and slower Phantom that I ride now. At this moment, I have a swollen black and blue big toe that is most likely broken. Had I been on a much heavier motorcycle a few days ago when I incurred this injury, I would probably be missing a part of my foot right now.

Enjoy your new ride. But stay safe. As Limbo said, we never know who is next. But we each have a certain amount of control over whether or not it will be us.

Guys, Guys, whats happening Here. I'm confused. Its supposed to be about my bad day right ?

I hit rock bottom yesterday , got accosted again by some BIB. I can now say Cheers in several langauges and am recovery from a monumental hangover. A good hangover and night in a gutter every six months or so always sorts me out for some reason. So I'm on the up again.

The Pond could be dug free and I can supply the PondLife.

VF's has sold his phantom which is also giving me a warm feeling all over . I remember that conversation about not needing anything faster than a phantom but I guess he's feeling a need for speed. I won't go over 80kms so as nice as the Ninja undoubtedly is, it would be wasted on me.

Limbo's up for a beer, maybe he's going to buy us some decent European Beer . I've seen him once in Ricco's bar fending off verbal abuse from imagedude so maybe Ricco's on friday afternoon would be a good Idea. Sure to be lots of blokes in there who occasionally read the Forum too.

Ricco probably sells good coffee too, I don't know, maybe Khandahar & VF with is Coffee hangup can attend too. Could be the nearest thing to a meet were ever likely to see.

And I can continue my conversation with that Guy about shooting chickens heads clean off with his Glock, or was it the Uzzi. Can't recall. :)

VF's has sold his phantom which is also giving me a warm feeling all over . I remember that conversation about not needing anything faster than a phantom but I guess he's feeling a need for speed. I won't go over 80kms so as nice as the Ninja undoubtedly is, it would be wasted on me.

I'm not much on top speed but I do like to cruise a little over a hundred. On the Phantom I always feel I'm on the limit of what the bike can do.

I was impressed by the comfort, maneuverability, ABS, and quickness of the Ninja. I would like to take some longer trips and feel the Ninja 650 has more range and versatility, and better fits my needs, than the Phantom at this time.

So that was then and this is now. There is a first time for everything, so I guess I could be wrong. :)

I'm not much on top speed but I do like to cruise a little over a hundred. On the Phantom I always feel I'm on the limit of what the bike can do.

I was impressed by the comfort, maneuverability, ABS, and quickness of the Ninja. I would like to take some longer trips and feel the Ninja 650 has more range and versatility, and better fits my needs, than the Phantom at this time.

So that was then and this is now. There is a first time for everything, so I guess I could be wrong. :)

Not wrong VF, just changing your opinion due to the addition of different Variables or something like that.

Have Fun with the NINJA.

Ricco' ? Perhaps ?

Not wrong. Just evolving.

Guys, Guys, whats happening Here. I'm confused. Its supposed to be about my bad day right ?

Based on advice my current counsel, Sceadugenga, I'm not even going to refer you to post number 42, which seems to answer your question here. I'm not even going to mention it. Nary a word. Not a peep. I'll just leave it alone.

In the absence of anything resembling fees, my services have been withdraw.

Had you mentioned fleas from the git-go, it could have been arranged. This borrowed dog is loaded with them. As it stands, I guess I got a freebie.

Edited by kandahar

I guess I got off easy. I was beginning think I was the next guy to go through the bad day/week/month thing.

A broken toe, a dependable hired guy that quit me for a government job and then a cell phone that went through the wash. Okay, a bad week but since then, things have returned to uneventful. The toe is healing, the wife bought me a new cell phone almost a week after the washing incident and I have a lead on another good helper. Things are looking up.

I guess I got off easy. I was beginning think I was the next guy to go through the bad day/week/month thing.

A broken toe, a dependable hired guy that quit me for a government job and then a cell phone that went through the wash. Okay, a bad week but since then, things have returned to uneventful. The toe is healing, the wife bought me a new cell phone almost a week after the washing incident and I have a lead on another good helper. Things are looking up.

forget the Toe Kd; A dependable Hired Guy is hard to find. Good luck with it.

My helpers been off I guess a month now, I've decided to scale the work down to a minimum, its only garden work really so i'm letting most of it go back to nature. A couple of Hours on the Tractor today cutting grass and an hour with the Chainsaw and things are starting to shape up.

I had a little set back yesterday when I took the Phantom into sintanee for a service. A young Guy was doing a fine Job of servicing a Nuovo, doing a real good Job you'd expect from such a reputable establishment. The Guy doing mine took an Hour to change the Oil and checkout the office Girls and then handed the keys back with a smile. I refered him to the service handbook and the list of checks as long as your arm. one was the spark plug, no have, go to Honda City. I huffed and puffed and suddenly a spark plug appeared from nowhere and he did atleast half a Job of doing the rest of the checks. so it took two hours to do an hours work, he wasn't happy, I wasn't happy, his supervisor wasn't happy and all because I've got 'Buffallo' tattoed across my forehead in Sanskrit. :) .

The day definatelly improved though, a good meal at the Rimkok with a couple of friends , a trip to see the patients at the general and then a few beers at ricco's follwed by a rather unexpected Meal lovingly prepared by er' indoors :D

forget the Toe Kd; A dependable Hired Guy is hard to find. Good luck with it.

My helpers been off I guess a month now, I've decided to scale the work down to a minimum, its only garden work really so i'm letting most of it go back to nature. A couple of Hours on the Tractor today cutting grass and an hour with the Chainsaw and things are starting to shape up.

I had a little set back yesterday when I took the Phantom into sintanee for a service. A young Guy was doing a fine Job of servicing a Nuovo, doing a real good Job you'd expect from such a reputable establishment. The Guy doing mine took an Hour to change the Oil and checkout the office Girls and then handed the keys back with a smile. I refered him to the service handbook and the list of checks as long as your arm. one was the spark plug, no have, go to Honda City. I huffed and puffed and suddenly a spark plug appeared from nowhere and he did atleast half a Job of doing the rest of the checks. so it took two hours to do an hours work, he wasn't happy, I wasn't happy, his supervisor wasn't happy and all because I've got 'Buffallo' tattoed across my forehead in Sanskrit. :) .

The day definatelly improved though, a good meal at the Rimkok with a couple of friends , a trip to see the patients at the general and then a few beers at ricco's follwed by a rather unexpected Meal lovingly prepared by er' indoors :D

The next time you need a service for the Phantom, stop by. There is a Honda shop close by my house and they have one guy that is a very good man. You can request him for the service. He also does pretty good as an electrician at my house when his day job ends.

Thats good to know Kd. I'll do just that. :D

Can you also recommend a Good Tattoist, I need to get that Kwai tatoo changed to 'go ahead punk , Make my day ' :)

Yes, you do need to change that. But I am not a tattoo aficionado. I can't help with that.

Edit:

I've been waiting all week to use that big, foreign word. VF is going to be soooo envious. Thanks for the opportunity. Glad to finally be rid of it. That sucker was getting heavy.

Edited by kandahar

I bet he's frantically Googling for a term to decribe a person who's been carrying around a heavy word and gets the opportunity to use it .

Then again, maybe he's still fixating on that View of his.

Well, he claims to have a Thesaurus but I have it on good authority that he actually had to Google the word "Thesaurus" to get the correct spelling for his previous post. So, I suspect your guess is correct. Of course, I'm running the risk of irritating him by using the very word that he spent so much time researching for that previous post. It is very possible that I will find myself labelled a "word thief" or, I may even be accused of plagiarism before this is over.

Hey! Plagiarism! I did it again!

Ooohh..., he's gonna be pissed!

Edited by kandahar