Having A Bad Day / Week/ Month

jubby

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Made a round trip to Chiang Mai in the VIP bus last Sunday. They used to play the most terrible movies on that trip during the ride. They don't do the movies now. Instead, they have what appears to be a syndicated old Thai TV comedy show. I guess it is an improvement. I couldn't sleep and ended up watching a bit of it. I laughed at parts of it. Slapstick stuff with lots of visual jokes. Still, a nap would have been better.

Some of the seats are still broken and some seat belts don't work.

And of course, passenger mobile phone conversations are SHOUTED!! Why do people do that?

Really, really pleased with the safe driving of the VIP bus drivers on that route. The tour bus guys could learn something from the VIP bus drivers.

Edited by kandahar

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe a bad day. Maybe not.

A fellow bought a brand new Mercedes in BKK and headed north for a long drive to enjoy his fabulous new car. As he was rolling down the super highway, he saw a dude hitchhiking at the side of the road. The dude thumbing for a ride had a little dog sitting at his feet. The driver stopped at the hitchhiker and rolled down the window. He had no intention of offering a ride but he really wanted to show someone else how he had moved up in the world.

So, he said "Hey. I would love to offer you a ride but as you can see, this is a brand new car and I just can't allow a dog to ride in it. If you didn't have that dog, I would love to give you a ride in my brand new fabulous car."

The pedestrian replied, " No problem. I'll take a ride with you. The dog can just run along with us."

This caused a guffaw from the driver. "No, no, you don't understand. I am in a hurry. I can't possibly drive along slow enough for that dog to keep up. I have places to be."

The pedestrian opened the door, sat in the seat and closed the door. "No problem. You go your usual speed and if the dog can't keep up, then he gets left behind. But he is pretty fast. He will be okay."

The driver, resigned to having unwanted company, pushed the pedal to the floor, burning rubber as he pulled away from the grassy edge of the road.

In no time, he was up to 50 kph. He looked in the mirror, to see how far behind the little dog was but the little dog wasn't visible. He glanced to the left and saw the little nose of the little dog just leading the left front bumper. Irritated that a dog could keep pace with his new car, he pushed the pedal further towards the floor, reaching 90 kph in no time. He checked the mirror. Nothing. A glance to the left revealed the little nose of the little dog, just leading the left front bumper.

"Wow! That little dog can move."

"Yes", spoke the rider casually, "like I said, you just do what you normally do and if he can't keep up, he gets left behind. But he is pretty fast. He will be okay."

The driver was thoroughly embarrassed to be showing off his new car and to have a dog outdoing the car. He floored it and held it there.

Checking the mirror, dread crept through him. Nothing. A glance to the left and there was the little nose but now accompanied by a little tongue hanging out, flapping wildly in the wind. The driver checked his speedometer. 200 KPH. Beaten, he decided to do the only thing left to do to show up the little dog. He would mash the brakes and watch the little dog tumble head over paws down the road, trying to stop. And mash the brakes he did, watching for the little dog to continue down the road ahead of him.

The dog didn't pass the car in a violent wreck. Instead, the driver could see, the little dog was sitting on his hind end, just in front of the left front bumper, panting heavily, tongue drooping.

"Wow! I have never seen such a fast dog in my life."

"Yeah. He's pretty fast. He is okay", said the rider.

The driver studied the dog more intently. "Hey! What is that funny collar that he is wearing? Is that what makes him run so fast?"

"No", replied the rider. "That is his asshol_e. He isn't used to stopping this quick."

Edited by kandahar

Maybe a bad day. Maybe not.

A fellow bought a brand new Mercedes in BKK and headed north for a long drive to enjoy his fabulous new car. As he was rolling down the super highway, he saw a dude hitchhiking at the side of the road. The dude thumbing for a ride had a little dog sitting at his feet. The driver stopped at the hitchhiker and rolled down the window. He had no intention of offering a ride but he really wanted to show someone else how he had moved up in the world.

So, he said "Hey. I would love to offer you a ride but as you can see, this is a brand new car and I just can't allow a dog to ride in it. If you didn't have that dog, I would love to give you a ride in my brand new fabulous car."

The pedestrian replied, " No problem. I'll take a ride with you. The dog can just run along with us."

This caused a guffaw from the driver. "No, no, you don't understand. I am in a hurry. I can't possibly drive along slow enough for that dog to keep up. I have places to be."

The pedestrian opened the door, sat in the seat and closed the door. "No problem. You go your usual speed and if the dog can't keep up, then he gets left behind. But he is pretty fast. He will be okay."

The driver, resigned to having unwanted company, pushed the pedal to the floor, burning rubber as he pulled away from the grassy edge of the road.

In no time, he was up to 50 kph. He looked in the mirror, to see how far behind the little dog was but the little dog wasn't visible. He glanced to the left and saw the little nose of the little dog just leading the left front bumper. Irritated that a dog could keep pace with his new car, he pushed the pedal further towards the floor, reaching 90 kph in no time. He checked the mirror. Nothing. A glance to the left revealed the little nose of the little dog, just leading the left front bumper.

"Wow! That little dog can move."

"Yes", spoke the rider casually, "like I said, you just do what you normally do and if he can't keep up, he gets left behind. But he is pretty fast. He will be okay."

The driver was thoroughly embarrassed to be showing off his new car and to have a dog outdoing the car. He floored it and held it there.

Checking the mirror, dread crept through him. Nothing. A glance to the left and there was the little nose but now accompanied by a little tongue hanging out, flapping wildly in the wind. The driver checked his speedometer. 200 KPH. Beaten, he decided to do the only thing left to do to show up the little dog. He would mash the brakes and watch the little dog tumble head over paws down the road, trying to stop. And mash the brakes he did, watching for the little dog to continue down the road ahead of him.

The dog didn't pass the car in a violent wreck. Instead, the driver could see, the little dog was sitting on his hind end, just in front of the left front bumper, panting heavily, tongue drooping.

"Wow! I have never seen such a fast dog in my life."

"Yeah. He's pretty fast. He is okay", said the rider.

The driver studied the dog more intently. "Hey! What is that funny collar that he is wearing? Is that what makes him run so fast?"

"No", replied the rider. "That is his asshol_e. He isn't used to stopping this quick."

A move to the joke section of the forum I think. :D

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...