BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
jubby

Having A Bad Day / Week/ Month

Thanks for the offer Khandahar. I'm going to leave the roof a while until I know the winds have finished. Its only a problem on a Car port sort of extension anyway. I started on the clean up yesterday evening, albeit quite late. I must have got my 'perspective' back temporarily :D

A Coffee next week maybe of more help.

I had thought about electric fence but I'm sure the Villagers would be in uproar if I electocuted a Dog on purpose . Now if the Dog died because I was practicing my berserker skills with my new found throwing hammer as is the right of every swedish mafia Viking then it would have been an accident. I have decent walls anyway around the area and its only the two dogs that ever visit.

I won't be keeping Ducks in future, they've been massacred far too often, I suppose they are easy prey because they are too slow unlike my new racing chickens .

you know, You could help with the Inlaws. You could offer them employment. make lovely House keepers. :) Don't dismiss the Idea too quickly, think about the entertainment Value :D

Thanks for the offer Khandahar. I'm going to leave the roof a while until I know the winds have finished. Its only a problem on a Car port sort of extension anyway. I started on the clean up yesterday evening, albeit quite late. I must have got my 'perspective' back temporarily :D

A Coffee next week maybe of more help.

I had thought about electric fence but I'm sure the Villagers would be in uproar if I electocuted a Dog on purpose . Now if the Dog died because I was practicing my berserker skills with my new found throwing hammer as is the right of every swedish mafia Viking then it would have been an accident. I have decent walls anyway around the area and its only the two dogs that ever visit.

I won't be keeping Ducks in future, they've been massacred far too often, I suppose they are easy prey because they are too slow unlike my new racing chickens .

you know, You could help with the Inlaws. You could offer them employment. make lovely House keepers. :) Don't dismiss the Idea too quickly, think about the entertainment Value :D

I'm happy to hear that your perspective is returning.

You are most generous in your offer of in-laws. Alas, I cannot accept. Please note that this is not a hasty decision. I have considered your offer for an extended amount of time, weighing the cons and the cons. Even after considering that two negatives CAN make a positive, the whole thing seems unworkable in my situation. I just don't have your experience with such matters. I'm afraid that, in the end, the in-laws would long for the fun and excitement available to them at your home. It is pretty much all work and no fun around me.

You know, I have to comment on this math thing that you have presented here. I have mentioned before that I am no math whiz but certain errors do catch my attention. You say that there are ONLY two dogs that cause a problem there. It would seem that TWO is not a significant number in your situation. However, when I use my trusty desk-top calculator, it shows that even ONE dog can be a problem. Knowing that the calculator is old and that the batteries may not be up to snuff, I used my wife's new, scientific calculator and ran the numbers again. Same answer. But, knowing that her new, scientific calculator was made in China, and therefore, may be of questionable quality, I went in search of an online calculator that is specially designed to calculate the specific value of bad dogs compared to good ducks. It shows the value of two bad dogs to be equal to the value of one bad dog. I upped the numbers of bad dogs, keeping the number of good ducks at one, and find that no matter how great the number of bad dogs I entered, (1256, for example), the value of the bad dogs still comes out to zero. ( Just an anecdotal mention here- I later added worthless brother-in-laws into the calculation and the value of the bad dogs does actually start to rise.) So, with all of that in mind, explain to me how you come to the conclusion that ONLY TWO DOGS aren't a great enough number to get excited about.

We won't even get into the comment about having decent walls around the place and the dogs still come. I think maybe that one is best left for a face to face debate over that cup of coffee that you mentioned.

Well, as I said, it is all work and no fun around here. I have a list a mile long and it only gets longer as I sit here and type. The first thing on today's list is to do nothing at all. I had better get started or I won't even be done with that by bedtime and I'll be facing that same task tomorrow.

I'll leave the math or maths to you if you don't mind :D

Nice to hear you considered my offer. You could always take them on a trial basis. return them if not completely satisfied. The two females would make a nice addition to an ornamental Garden pond, The two males will ocasionally chop wood and tidy the garden removing harmful pests etc.

Theres little breeding potential i"m afraid. But I could get them nutured if it concerns you at all :)

Just throw them some scraps and hose them down once a week. You know it makes sense.

Nice to hear you considered my offer. You could always take them on a trial basis. return them if not completely satisfied. The two females would make a nice addition to an ornamental Garden pond, The two males will ocasionally chop wood and tidy the garden removing harmful pests etc.

Theres little breeding potential i"m afraid. But I could get them nutured if it concerns you at all :)

Just throw them some scraps and hose them down once a week. You know it makes sense.

Man, I don't have a pond. Too bad about that. No wood to chop, either. Strike two. And you say they remove garden pests, but in the past, you have referred to THEM as the pests so that doesn't make sense to my tired, old brain. Strike three.

Have you considered e-Bay?

Edited by kandahar

Theres little breeding potential i"m afraid. But I could get them nutured if it concerns you at all :D

Man, I don't have a pond. Too bad about that. No wood to chop, either. Strike two. And you say they remove garden pests, but in the past, you have referred to THEM as the pests so that doesn't make sense to my tired, old brain. Strike three.

Have you considered e-Bay?

Shipping would be a problem. They all won't fit in a standard Dog crate. Anyway, if your really , really Sure you don't want them I'll offer them to the rest of the expat community. Your loss mate :) ......... :D ...... :D

Ahh. just had a thought ! They could dig you a pond . be a nice Job too :D

As for Tories , War Criminal and all round good egg Blair did a good Job of smiling a lot if I recall , before putting the country in a situation it has no hope in hel_l of getting out of . and I can thank the C%#t and Labour for putting up my private pension age from 50 to 55.

We remember Mr. Smile on a Stick, those were the good old days.

Still, chin up old chap, could be worse, wife could have thrown you out and kept the house and car.

As for Tories , War Criminal and all round good egg Blair did a good Job of smiling a lot if I recall , before putting the country in a situation it has no hope in hel_l of getting out of . and I can thank the C%#t and Labour for putting up my private pension age from 50 to 55.

We remember Mr. Smile on a Stick, those were the good old days.

Still, chin up old chap, could be worse, wife could have thrown you out and kept the house and car.

House and Car(s) :)

jubby, it is pretty quiet on here.

How are the in-laws?

maybe they've 'rubbed him up the wrong way' once to often and he's finally snapped :)

maybe they've 'rubbed him up the wrong way' once to often and he's finally snapped :)

Or the right way and he's finally 'sapped".

Or the right way and he's finally 'sapped".

:D

Well Guys. I nearly let this Thread lapse. been away for a few days .

things didn't improve.

The Computer seems OK, I suppose. Just having a hard time recovery the data that I had put on the backup disk, which the guy decided to format for no good reason.

The Motorbike, well would you believe I took it back to the shop 300 kms later with another dodgy sound. asked them to investigate and pleae, please phone me before doing anything. No phone call obviously. Its fixed, went to pick it up and enquire as to the fault this time. they gave me a plastic bag with something that closely resembled a Piston head. <deleted> ! ... you changed this a month and 300 kms ago. No oil . thing seized. Did you put oil in it ?. Oh yes ofcourse, you need to change the Oil every 3 months. You serviced it a month ago. Oh, you've been driving it too hard, up hills and such. Oh right oh. heres another thousand baht. I'd better take a litre of that Oil then just incase the Oil disapears again. that'll be 120 baht. thanks. The Guy never once looked me in the eye. His eyes were all over the place.

Dogs got the last of the Ducks and my last Goose. I saw one of the dogs in the garden later and managed to trace there owners(lose term) . I'll have a chat with them tonight but I don't hold much hope of it being fruitful.

Brother-out-laws back at work, he's sort of doing his own thing , he'll never be the same. I just point him in the general direction and he gets on with it, so its not all bad I suppose.

Missus keeps having a go too, for good reason I might add.

Anyway, I'm seeking Job opportunites in the UK for a couple of months. Work can be very grounding ;-)

Hows the election Biff. I saw a couple of black range Rovers rushing into what looked like the grounds of Buck House on thai news yesterday, but it was only on for a couple of seconds. Royalty or MP's ? Tories and Liberals getting together puts it all into perspective, Powers more important than principle. Anyway, biff. get it sorted before you come over here. The worlds waiting on this. They look up to our fine upstanding members of parliament .

I surely can't compete with your colorful lifestyle. Things continue to idle along at a mind deadening normal here in the field. I am trying to stir things up a little, however. I've got the Phantom for sale in the classifieds and if it ever gets sold, I'm heading off to Chiang Mai to get me a Ninja. To tell the truth the wife is yet to be convinced but I think I'm getting there.

I've got a friend with a couple of new 650's and he got me hooked on a ride the other day. Almost forgot, I swear that Momo and King were nowhere near your ducks. :)

Edited by villagefarang

I surely can't compete with your colorful lifestyle. Things continue to idle along at a mind deadening normal here in the field. I am trying to stir things up a little, however. I've got the Phantom for sale in the classifieds and if it ever gets sold, I'm heading off to Chiang Mai to get me a Ninja. To tell the truth the wife is yet to be convinced but I think I'm getting there.

I've got a friend with a couple of new 650's and he got me hooked on a ride the other day. Almost forgot, I swear that Momo and King were nowhere near your ducks. :)

Good choice on the bike upgrade VF, the roads and weather up here in North Thailand are perfect for motorbike touring, just make sure your not the next farang patient that Kandahar is visiting!

Which Ninja are you going for, 250cc or 650cc, naked or fairing? If funds allow after the arrival of my baby girl and the rainy season is out of the way I'll also be off to CM to upgrade but probably only to a D Tracker unless the Versys is released in the next few months.