BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
jubby

Having A Bad Day / Week/ Month

Wow. It has been a while and no response yet.

I can’t imagine where VF could be. He usually takes the bait right away. Maybe with the rains we are getting, the forum signals aren’t making it to his house from CR. He does live pretty far out in the sticks.

Then again, maybe the trouble is on my end. I wonder if this thing is even working…..

HELLO!!!

HELLO!?!?!

VF!!! CAN YOU READ THIS?!?!

Hmmm…

I’ll bet the wife has been screwing around with my laptop again and has it all jacked up..

Hon!?!??!

Come in here!!!

I see my predilection for pomposity and my punctiliousness, when dealing with the miscreants of this forum, have struck an acrimonious undercurrent that I was perviously oblivious to.

The tardiness of my reply is indeed due, in good part, to the weather and its effect on my connection to the outside world. I am also guilty of having had a brief sojourn into the real world yesterday, with a shopping spree, over the border.

With the normally packed alleys almost devoid of pedestrian traffic, only the heat of the day hindered our progress through the ubiquitous shops and corridors.

With another couple, we attempted to purchase a large portion of the stock on display at that quaint little motorcycle accessory shop. All manor of protective gear accompanied us back over the border and is awaiting usage.

The stamina of the male hunters faltered after bagging our intend prey, so we let the female gatherers go on their merry way, as we celebrated the attainment of our less lofty goals, over a much needed cappuccino.

Having had a good day, I suppose I must apologize for being off topic.

Okay. I really, really, really hope that is a typo. Perviously. Now, I know that isn't a word. Maybe you meant "previously"?

Perviously. Hmm..... Some connotations here, for sure. And if perviously isn't a word yet, it ought to be.

But yeah, overall, your vocabulary in this one has shut me down once again. Back to my Thesaurus in search of next week's big word. Be watching for it.

Edited by kandahar

Perhaps I was overcome with images of the perviousness of my skin, as perspiration oozed forth from my pores in the marketplace yesterday. Then again perhaps it was just a typo, put their to humble me and elevate others. :)

Nice to see someone who writes a lot who doesn't place all his trust in spellcheck.

Better a typo people can understand than totally the wrong word.

I just want to see VF get his new bike, and some decent protective gear.

Then we can have a good day, riding some twisties....and leave all the bad day guys behind. :)

post-23786-1274631222_thumb.jpg

Then we can have a good day, riding some twisties....and leave all the bad day guys behind. :)

post-23786-1274631222_thumb.jpg

HERE HERE.

Nice to see someone who writes a lot who doesn't place all his trust in spellcheck.

Better a typo people can understand than totally the wrong word.

Like this?:

I halve a spelling chequer,

It came with my pea see,

It plainly marks four my revue,

Mistakes I dew knot sea.

Eye Strike a key and type a word,

And weight four it two say,

Weather eye am wrong oar write,

It shows me strait aweigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid,

It nose bee fore two long,

And eye can put the era rite,

Its rarely ever wrong.

I've scent this massage threw it,

And I'm shore your pleased too no,

Its letter prefect in every weigh,

My chequer tolled me sew.

Stolen from: http://www.britishcouncil.org/learnenglish...ing-checker.htm

Then we can have a good day, riding some twisties....and leave all the bad day guys behind. :D

Are you implying, with that picture, that you have recently upgraded your two wheeler?

I'm not sure how to take that HERE HERE. Could it be that someone wants to join us, or have you been bad and they are showing you the door? Obviously, no one would want to see me gone. :)

Think I'll get my new bike for my 56th birthday next month. :D Perhaps we need a new group called the good day guys or a topic called good day/week/month/year/life. :D

Too many people reliving their youth on large motor bikes and having accidents recently. When in their native countries they didn't ride such machines. Protective gear is a must. The "hear hear" was my cheer for the call to wear said gear.

Suspicious lot aren't you!

Edited by chang35baht

Too many people reliving their youth on large motor bikes and having accidents recently. When in their native countries they didn't ride such machines. Protective gear is a must. The "hear hear" was my cheer for the call to wear said gear.

Suspicious lot aren't you!

HERE, HERE.

Khandahar's good with Steel and things. Maybe we can design a Human Rollcage sort of exaskeleton sort of thing together.

The length of time taken for broken bones to heal is directly proportional to the age of the breakee.

From the beginning I have ridden with an armored mesh jacket and gloves, and of course an HJC helmet. Added the other day were boots and leg guards. Opted not to go for those knee high crushproof boots that weigh a ton, however. Picked up a DOT helmet for the wife, too.

Life is a risky proposition and no one gets out alive or unscathed. I choose not to smoke, drink, gamble or cheat on my wife but I do choose to go off on my own to hike, mountain bike or cruise on a motorbike. The safest thing to do? Perhaps not, but the joy and pleasure I receive, balanced against the obvious risks, seems worth it to me.

I figure we are all grownups here, and capable of making our own choices in life. The only challenge I see is finding likeminded or openminded friends that won't try and impose their will or values.

Yesterday was another off topic 'good day' as I did 35 km on the mountain bike, sucking in the clean fresh air and enjoying the unencumbered views. :)

Life, no matter how many years, is too short a ride for most people, anyway. It is a good idea to get what you can out of it. Some people spend all of their waking time watching television, surfing the net, paying homage to a beer bottle or reading books. Actually living the life that books and television are made of is a much better deal if a person's health and bank account allows it.

Enjoy the new ride. We're still gonna have a little fun with you but only because we are fond of you. We each run our own risks every day. I spend way too much time under a welding helmet and I still get a kick out of my very functional creations. But even that, as much as I enjoy it, has its risks and I've suffered some of the drawbacks. I was nearly killed, dangling from piece of steel 200 feet in the air when the perfect, unlikely conditions turned my welding leads into a death trap. Things can go wrong. I won't stop enjoying my work, though.

Edited by kandahar